Traffic generating question - blog traffic
    Hey I am just submitting a question regarding generating traffic for my blog.
    Up until this point I have been focusing largely on ensuring that my blog contains good quality content but have given little energy toward promoting it and actually getting it recognized.

I have heard one of the strongest ways to get your blog recognized by the search engines is to get others to link to your blogpost using the particular keyword which that particular post focuses on.

I read that and i was stopped dead in my tracks with no clue about how to proceed.

Any ideas on how to get my blog posts recognized by others?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quality content is one thing.
    Interesting content is another.

You need to combine both where "Betty Blog" will link to your site from her blog.

andyparks16: "others to link to your blogpost using the particular keyword which that particular post focuses on"

This will help elevate your blog standing for that particular keyword on SE. It is very hard for you to control that cos you do not know what keyword Betty's blog might hyperlink.
    i.e. You article is about "Rare Daisy (flower) in TimBakTu discovered to cure cancer". Betty might keyword link to you site with these words "Flower cures cancer". While Joe will keyword link "TimBakTu plant helps fight with cancer".

Either way, a back link does help with SE standing one way or another but it is hard to control keyword links unless it is paid for.

Here is my suggestion to make it easier for you.
    Write good and interesting content. Promote it on Digg and Technorati. If it is worth something to blog about, blogger will pick it up.

All the best

Thanks Eric for the helpful suggestions

Would it be possible for a Mod to move this thread to the Blogging subforum? I think Eric's advice would be of interest to many bloggers
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Thanks Eric for the helpful suggestions

Would it be possible for a Mod to move this thread to the Blogging subforum? I think Eric's advice would be of interest to many bloggers
    **waves magic wand**

**POOF**

(moved to Blogging forum from Midnight Cafe)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks Loxly
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Ahhh i found it - was thinking i should of posted it in blogging - but MidnightCafe seems to be the goto.
    Eric thankyou for that advice much appreciated

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    YW all.

When I was at Wyndham, I tested on a WP hosted blog. I rewrote content off CNN and let's say some from Fox news. Promoted it on Digg and within 1/2 a day, it out ranked CNN based on the broad generic keyword.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread