ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Red face Save the Boobies with the Not So Silent, Silent Auction

The Fantastic News!

In today’s mail I received my Champion Fundraiser Hat for being one of the Top 10 fund raisers for the upcoming Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Los Angeles next month.

Additionally,Team Affiliate Marketers Give Back has edged our way up to being one of the Top 10 Team fund raisers for the walk, as we’ve raised a little over $21k so far… and we’re not through yet!

The Not So Fantastic News

When folks sign up to do the Avon Breast Cancer Walk, they agree to raise a minimum of $1,800 in order to actually participate in the walk. So while our team is doing great, we do have a few walkers that need some help hitting their minimum goal.

We’ve trained hard for the walk and have worked out butts off fundraising, so the last thing I’d want is to not have a team mate be able to walk with us.

With this weighing heavy on my mind, I’ve come up with plan to help them out with hitting their goal and I’m crossing my fingers that it will work!

The Opportunity

Affiliate Marketers Give Back will be holding what we’re calling the “Not So Silent, Silent Auction”, which will begin next week on http://www.AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com.

We are asking individuals and companies to please help us by considering a donation of an item or services for us to auction off on the website, so that we can help get all of our team over the finish line.

Donated items will be listed on the website (along with information on the donor and a link back to their website) and folks can bid for the items by providing their name and bid amount in the comment section of the post. Winners will be announced after the auction ends and will also receive a link back to their website.

How You Can Donate an Item

If you would like to donate an item or your services, please send me an email containing the item or service description, estimated value and any images that you might like to include.

Team Affiliate Marketers Give Back has never left a team mate behind, and we don’t want to start now. So please help us out if you can by donating an item to the auction. It’s a great way to get your name and services out in front of the masses and a great way to help raise money to fight breast cancer.

Thank you so much for your support!
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

Email on it's way for items to be auctioned and I suggest we all start donating to each member of the team so that we all can get them over the initial $1,800 hump.

Once again amazing job with not just organizing it but doing it, blisters, hope and love, hurray for boobies!!!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    OK, I will kick it off. Since I am in between jobs and I am at no liberty to financially donate.

10 hours of my time - Consulting for Free to merchants*
    -Things I have accomplished:
    a) Grew a mature affiliate program at Wyndham Vacation Resorts by 45% in a year on Linkshare.
    b) Nominated for Linkshare Golden Link Awards 2007
    c) Selected to be on Linkshare's merchant advisory board while working at Wyndham.
    d) Started spanking new program on SAS and grew it to 5% of the total revenue for the website.
    e) Made it to SAS PowerRank Top 100 within one year (#78 actually).

Can work on these areas (based on time allotment of 10 hrs total). Market analysis, strategy, brand positioning, account restructuring, rewriting affiliate T&C, recommendations for: PPC/SEO, recruitment, reactivation, etc.

As with any program, YMMV and I am willing to sign a Non-disclosure. I do not think one can do everything listed above so I think it would be wise to focus on a few areas. Prefer LS or SAS merchants but have no issue with others.

Estimated price: Priceless
    Everything is for a good cause.

My profile
    Last edited by Eric Ewe; August 19th, 2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Guess Haiko beat me to it.. + emailed missy

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    email on it's way for items to be auctioned and I suggest we all start donating to each member of the team so that we all can get them over the initial $1,800 hump.
    Great idea... these are the folks who need a little help hitting their goal along with their direct link to their donation pages:

Kevin Strawbridge

Brook Schaaf

Lynette LaPlante (I walked in her honor last year as she was undergoing treatments for her breast cancer. This year, she's cancer-free and ready to walk with our team!

Chris Pearson

Brian Clark

Melissa Salas of Buy.com and I are way over our minimums, so if folks can concentrate any donations under my team mate's fundraising accounts, that would be fantastic.

Once again amazing job with not just organizing it but doing it, blisters, hope and love, hurray for boobies!!!
    It's a cause that's very close to my heart and I won't stop walking, until well.. I can't walk anymore! And you're right.. "Hurray for Boobies!"

Thank you so much!!!
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    OK, I will kick it off. Since I am in between jobs and I am at no liberty to financially donate.

10 hours of my time - Consulting for Free to merchants*
    -Things I have accomplished:
    a) Grew a mature affiliate program at Wyndham Vacation Resorts by 45% in a year on Linkshare.
    b) Nominated for Linkshare Golden Link Awards 2007
    c) Selected to be on Linkshare's merchant advisory board while working at Wyndham.
    d) Started spanking new program on SAS and grew it to 5% of the total revenue for the website.
    e) Made it to SAS PowerRank Top 100 within one year (#78 actually).

Can work on these areas (based on time allotment of 10 hrs total). Market analysis, strategy, brand positioning, account restructuring, rewriting affiliate T&C, recommendations for: PPC/SEO, recruitment, reactivation, etc.

As with any program, YMMV and I am willing to sign a Non-disclosure. I do not think one can do everything listed above so I think it would be wise to focus on a few areas. Prefer LS or SAS merchants but have no issue with others.

Estimated price: Priceless
    Everything is for a good cause.

My profile
    Fantastic Eric! I really appreciate it. I'll add it next week and send you a link to the auction!
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Missy, just shot you an email...wondering which of our products would be the best one to donate
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by MattMcWilliams
    Missy, just shot you an email...wondering which of our products would be the best one to donate
    Thanks Matt! Just replied. How awesome of you to donate an item!
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Just donated the course of your choice from Legacy Learning Systems!

Legacy Learning Systems was founded to produce truly comprehensive multimedia training courses for those who want serious instruction in the comfort of their own homes. Our courses are by far the most complete instruction courses anywhere.

Learn & Master Ballroom Dance is the most extensive video instruction anywhere, from two of the nation’s top instructors. It has 13 DVDs of beautiful choreography and easy to learn dance figures, 6 CDs of music, and a 75+ pg workbook outlining the dances.

Learn & Master Drums is by far the most complete instruction course anywhere. It’s the only instruction you’ll ever need. It has 12 DVDs, 5 play-along CDs and a 100+ page lesson book with step-by-step lessons, clear demonstrations, and popular songs.

Learn & Master Guitar is the best instruction course anywhere. It has 20 DVDs, 5 Jam-Along CDs, and a 100+ page lesson book. Winner of the Acoustic Guitar Magazine Players' Choice Award, 2 Telly Awards and an AEGIS Award for Excellence in Education.

Learn & Master Piano is the most complete piano instruction course and the only instruction you’ll ever need. It has 14 DVDs, 5 play-along CDs and a 100+ page lesson book with step-by-step lessons, clear demonstrations, and popular songs.

Our web site is http://www.learnandmaster.com/ and contains more details on each product.

The value of the courses ranges from $249 to $299

When bidding opens, make sure to bid high
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

I have an idea for an auction item, but unfortunately, due to my recent medical issues, I'm not in a position to pay to donate them myself. I wish I was, as I'm not usually one to miss out donating for a good cause. On my numerous trips to my doctors in the past month, I have seen "Save the Tatas" t-shirts in the spa/boutique shop they have there and I found a website that sells the same ones.

http://www.savethetatas.com/catalog_hers.htm

I think that'd be the perfect item to auction for this cause and a great way for individuals who want to donate to participate in giving something for the auction.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

The Not-So-Silent, Silent Auction is Live
    The Not-So-Silent Silent Auction is now live on http://www.AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com

There are some incredible items up for auction including:

6 Night Vacation for Two to any Sandals or Beaches Luxury Resort in the Caribbean
    Affiliate Summit West 2010 Platinum Pass
    Missy Ward Will Let You Brand Her Boobies During BlogWorld!!
    Sidesplitting Branding Opportunity on Affiliate Thing Podcast
    2,000 Twitter Follower Invites Targeted to Your Keywords by IDTweet
    Choice of One Legacy Learning Systems Multi-Media Course
    1-Year Supply of Vemma Nutrition Program
    1-Year Supply of Vemma Next Nutritional Formula for Kids.
    Thesis Theme for WP, Developer’s Option
    IZEAFest Conference Pass
    1-Month Access to TheBizWebCoach
    Branding Opportunity on AffiliateTip.com
    Two Hours of Consulting From Lisa Picarille
    Gourmet Dinner for Two from GourmetStation
    Two Hours of Consulting with Lisa Riolo
    Ten Hours of Consulting with Eric Ewe

There are other items scheduled to come up for auction this week.

Please check out the silent auction here.

A big thanks goes out to everyone that has participated!

Wish us luck!
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Wow... we are over $10k in bids already!

The auction ends on Friday at 11:59pm EST...

check it out at http://www.affiliatemarketersgiveback.com

Please?
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread