ABW Ambassador
    I'm sorry, but I don't see the benefit here. The reversal button is gone and the col. "corrected" shows yes or no. Now you made another col. for me to contend with (and messes up all my other spreadsheets from previous months) and I don't see the benefit.

Also, where is the options above on the reporting page? The one where it allowed us to run additional reports from that page? I used that.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

There's also no more "locked transactions". See the thread I started for more info.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Did I ***** and complain too many times about how pathetic the reason for reversal as being "other" made them think now we give no reason at all being shown and we can make up our own delusional reason for reversal as we see fit??????
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

quote:
    There's also no more "locked transactions".

Txns are marked with the status "locked" after the 10th of the month - if they occurred in the previous month or were extended from the month before.

For example, locked txns would show up in reports run for October.

November txns will get locked on or after the 10th of December.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

quote:
    Did I ***** and complain about how pathetic the reason for reversal as being "other" made them think now we get no reason at all beig shown and we can make up our own delusional reason as we see fit??????

Click on the txn ID and you will see the entire history of the txn along with the correction reason.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Thanks for clarifying where to see it
    So typical though......reason for last reversal.....drum roll please "other"

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

ABW Ambassador
    Todd >> Click on the txn ID and you will see the entire history of the txn along with the correction reason.

Excellent. So I just checked a reversal and the reason given was "cant ship/sold out".

Todd, IMHO this is not an acceptable reason to reverse a transaction. The affiliate did there job and brought the merchant a buyer. The merchant did not do their job because they failed to maintain inventory on something they were offering for sale.

I really hope CJ gets serious about managing the reversals, not just administering them. Some of the reversals I've seen really defy reason and logic.

If I send the merchant a buyer that has no credit, that's my failure and a reversal is OK. If I send them a fraud that's my failure and a reversal is OK. But if they can't manage their inventory, or if they ship the wrong item and it gets returned, or if the product arrives damaged and is returned, those are not failures on my part and a reversal should not be allowed.

If there's a duplicate order, I can understand that the duplicate should be reversed.

If returns are a normal part of the business, like shoes that don't fit, then the merchant should just factor that into the commission structure and not execute a reversal when products are returned as part of a "satisfaction guaranteed policy".

Questionable returns do nothing but generate ill will. CJ should put a stop to them. CJ should act to protect the affilate (publisher) against merchant fraud just as they act to protect the merchant (advertiser) against affilate fraud.

Well, making a disclosure to the affiliate is a big step in the right direction. I applaud it!

What is the whole list of allowable reasons for reversing a transaction?

ABW Ambassador
    And Todd, I really want to thank CJ for showing the reversals on the day they occur. I've been complaining about reversals not being very visible for a long time. Now those nasty reversals will be right in front of our face so we can address them appropriately and in a timely fashion.

I'm already getting ready to pull one merchant who is putting me in the red for today and send that traffic to other merchants who better deserve it.

Thanks.

Whiznot,

I appreciate your input regarding reversal reasons and will pass it along to the network quality department, responsible for monitoring advertiser reversals.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    Whiznot,

I appreciate your input regarding reversal reasons and will pass it along to the network quality department, responsible for monitoring advertiser reversals.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

If it matters at all, I echo everything Whiznot said re: reversals.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread