Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Possibly worst news of my affiliate career -- EPN banned me!
    Hey, boys and girls, how's THAT for a kick in the chops?? Old Writerguy just got terminated by eBay Partners' Network. Very harsh email. It said in part:

"During a recent review, we found that your account is related to a previously banned account. Your account will be terminated immediately, and any pending payment will take place as per the Network Agreement.

"The eBay Partner Network monitors records of all banned affiliates and does not permit re-entry into the network. This is outlined in Section L. 3. (c). of the eBay Partner Network Agreement

"(c) Termination by ePN or an Advertiser

"Upon termination ePN will deactivate your account and all accounts that are linked to you and you shall no longer accrue payments in your account, including but not limited to subsequent Qualifying Transactions where the clicks on the Links occurred prior to termination. If ePN terminates this Agreement for cause, you will not be eligible to enter into a new click-through agreement, and any attempt to do so will be null and void. You are also not allowed to participate in the Network as an Agent for a third party Affiliate."

I have spent the morning absolutely stunned. I'm sort of "shell shocked," I guess. I haven't the slightest idea why this happened, because I haven't a clue about what "previously banned account" they could be talking about??

They included an email address I could contact them through to appeal.

I did that. I've heard on one of the other EPN related forums I visit that the appeal may or may not be considered. One person there said he knew of people who had been reinstated in "three or four weeks" or something like that.

Flabbergasted!
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    Can't believe that, hope you get back in.

"During a recent review, we found that your account is related to a previously banned account."

Did they give anything more than that, some details?

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Can't believe that, hope you get back in.

"During a recent review, we found that your account is related to a previously banned account."

Did they give anything more than that, some details?
    Nope. No details at all. That's what makes it so maddening. That, plus about half my usual monthly affiliate income comes from my EPN sites.

What a horrific way for them to do business. I sent a very lengthy email to the appeal email address they included. Don't know how long it may be before I hear anything.

Meanwhile, I'm not entirely clear on whether I'll get the money I had coming for July earnings, which was supposed to be paid out August 25th or so. And, I'm pretty sure I won't see the bit I had earned so far for August.

Hurts.

On a better note, I have a couple of friends on the phpBay Pro members' forum (the one I mentioned in my OP for this thread) who have actually contacted real, live people at EPN in the past, and they're trying to find a way to maybe -- MAYBE -- help me appeal my case.
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe somebody here knows Amanda Lucas or Mike Kansa from Partner Centric -http://www.Partner Centric .com/team.php

They were hired to help with ebay. Of course I emailed them before about something with ebay and never got a response back. But maybe add them on your Twitter or something. Check your PM.

Wow, that is indeed some bad news. But hopefully their appeal process is both quick and fair. If you didn't have any sort of account that was banned in the past, hopefully it's just all a mix-up that will get straightened out quickly.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this. The same type of thing happened to my brother. He wasn't an affiliate but was a Power Seller. He helped a local setup their seller account and when Ebay closed that account for some reason they also closed my brother's account since "they were related".

His account rep. could not even take his calls or help him. That closed down his business. The appeal went nowhere. I hope you have better luck.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

15 years and counting
    I'm sorry for you, Gary.
    I don't know how these networks or companies like eBay manage to hire all these brain dead people.
    It doesn't make sense to act like that without giving any information.
    These people can do lots of damage and they should not be able to leave with a Ooops, we sc...d up.

As a rider to Greg's story, I would advise that NO ONE ever logs into an eBay or Amazon account from any computer but their own.

Not 100% positive on eBay, but I know Amazon merchants that lost their accounts because they logged in from a known bad IP address (library, sometimes over a wireless network, etc.). If Amazon didn't like the IP the account logged in from... POOF.

Logged in from anywhere unusual lately, Gary?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    As a rider to Greg's story, I would advise that NO ONE ever logs into an eBay or Amazon account from any computer but their own.

Not 100% positive on eBay, but I know Amazon merchants that lost their accounts because they logged in from a known bad IP address (library, sometimes over a wireless network, etc.). If Amazon didn't like the IP the account logged in from... POOF.

That may have been the killer for him. He had an Ebay store, online and brick, and the probably helped those people setup their account from his store. About 3 years worth of flawless transactions, no complaints, for a couple hundred thousand $$$ a year then poof, it's gone. They don't act like it may be a mistake or negotiable but treated him like a criminal who had just ripped them off. Nice way to run a business and treat your clients..not!
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Gary,

So sorry to hear this..I know how much relied on ebay. I certainly hope you can get this ironed out. Keep us informed of your progress.

Maybe somebody here knows Amanda Lucas or Mike Kansa from Partner Centric -http://www.Partner Centric .com/team.php
    I know Mike. I dropped him a note.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin

Wow. I log on from a network at our local public library all the time. I'd hate to think that is the issue. But I'm ready to believe any nutty thing at this point.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I know Mike. I dropped him a note.
    Thanks, Michael. Certainly can't hurt!
    Generate more fake news.

They were hired to help with ebay. Of course I emailed them before about something with ebay and never got a response back. But maybe add them on your Twitter or something. Check your PM.
    Thanks, Trust. Got your PM. I'll see what happens.
    Generate more fake news.

Looks like EPN is copying the adsense model of doing business.
    Hope you can get your acct. back.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Does this have anything to do with PHPbay?
    I know you to be a straight shooter. If you get banned, we are all at risk.

This is why I don't go hog wild on ebay. Now, I think I may start even scaling back and doing some replacements of their ads.

Anybody from ebay reading this? THIS IS GOING TO COST YOU SOME AFFILIATES!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    "During a recent review, we found that your account is related to a previously banned account.
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear that Gary! I hope you will get enough helps and get your account back soon.

Since they mentioned "your account is related to a previously banned account", and I remember you posted on another thread that you were switching hosting accounts lately. I've read somewhere long time ago that some sites get punished because they were sharing hosting with a bad group of websites. Not sure if it's the case. Maybe you can ask EPN what exactly is the "banned account" they are referring to?

Wow.. but as you say, it could be logging in from a public computer that caused the problem.

I'm not trying to make excuses for EPN, but I think that fraud levels are horrific. It sounds like you are an innocent bystander in a war against the actual bad guys.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    Since they mentioned "your account is related to a previously banned account", and I remember you posted on another thread that you were switching hosting accounts lately. I've read somewhere long time ago that some sites get punished because they were sharing hosting with a bad group of websites. Not sure if it's the case. Maybe you can ask EPN what exactly is the "banned account" they are referring to?
    Hey, I never even thought of that. Perhaps switching to a new host, getting new IP addresses -- maybe those IPs were associated with banned accounts.

The bad news is -- it's nearly impossible to actually speak or exchange email with someone at EPN. I've gotten no response from them yet.

But that idea is one I might ask about. Thanks.
    Generate more fake news.

Gary, This is one of the most depressing threads ever. I am registered with EPN but never put up a link. It all seemed like it would take more thinking than there was time for. They, like other high rollers, made themselves on the backs of millions of cooperative little guys and now cast you aside like you don't matter at all. Hopefully they will come around and do the right thing sooner than later.

I doubt that it has anything to do with moving to new hosting, but if it did that would be an easy one to document for an appeal.

In a recent poll of affiliates least likely to be banned by EPN Gary won. So this is shocking.

Have you recently launched any new sites?
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

ABW Ambassador
    Hey, I never even thought of that. Perhaps switching to a new host, getting new IP addresses -- maybe those IPs were associated with banned accounts.
    If that was the case, then it really gets scary because any of us could get banned anytime. Since most of the affiliates are using shared hosting, who knows if there are bad guys live around or when will a bad guy move into your neighborhood?

The bad news is -- it's nearly impossible to actually speak or exchange email with someone at EPN. I've gotten no response from them yet.
    Sadly, that's a common problem when trying to communicate with Big Guys like eBay. You need a lot of luck with that.

But that idea is one I might ask about. Thanks.
    You are welcome.

good luck WriterGuy

Sorry for the delayed response (had to take Gabriel to karate), but I heard back from Mike shortly after I sent him a message and he would like to help get this figured out. (He read the thread, and is also interested in figuring out why Trust didn't get a response when he tried to contact EPN.) If you could email him at mkansa [at] ebay.com, he'll look into it. He needs the email address your account was under to look it up.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I hope this all works out for you. I would think it would. Please let us know what happened.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast