I need a way to encourage my customers to order online through my affiliate links rather than through an emblazoned merchant phone number. But I've found that many merchants don't want anything to do with you if you offer an incentive program or give to charities. (Is this their reason – they specifically want to encourage your customers to not order through your affiliate link?) Does anyone know any workable wording of a customer offer that would achieve this purpose while at the same time not being considered an incentive program?

The military has this new (non-lethal) acoustic sound weapon you could use to get your customer's attention with...Ah, sorry, I don't know of a way to help you.

You may want to stick with merchants who track telephone orders. There are so many doing it now. I am sure their is a merchant tracking phone orders within your category. Maybe post what you sell and I am sure other affiliates would recommend some good merchants.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Competing on a "incentive" ebiz plan as an affiliate puts you right in direct competition with the BHO sales hijackers with their incessent popups. Programs like iWon, WhenU, Upromise, iGive, eBates etc etc will eat your lunch. Paying your visitors for shopping your links is Oh so 1990's and most of that traffic is considered worthless to real merchants.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

As the job market is tough, we're thinking of putting together a site that offers resources to the unemployed. We want to offer all services including personalized services such as resume writing and mentoring. But with personalized services, the customer is encouraged to telephone the merchant directly for a personal consultation. If <span class="ev_code_BLUE">s</span>he does, the merchant may no longer include us in the transaction. I suppose we could start a mailing list and ask customers if they bought from a merchant to whom we referred them. But that doesn’t sound foolproof. Perhaps this type of market is too tough for affiliate marketing without a personal relationship with the merchant. Any ideas?

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread