Does 3 way linking work?
    I originally made a post to ask for 3 way links. However, i changed my mind.

Does it work if you carefully watch who you partner with?

This is what I wrote, but I am not sure if I want to do it because both the sites in question are ranking just fine.

This is not an ad. I read the terms and did not see anything about this.

I have a 4 year old PR4 coupon and deal site where I can place your contextual link. I have a PR 1 e-commerce site that I need contextual links. The sites are on different servers and not related.
    I am looking for legit webmasters to simply exchange a permanent link with me.
    I think this is a good deal. E-mail me at arcavate at gmaildotcom if interested.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    This all depends on where the links are coming from. If inbound links are coming from a quick-and-dirty links page (which is usually the case), then probably not.

If they are coming from an established site with content very similar to yours, then yes. I am thinking that a 2-way link from such a site would be as good. I am guessing Google no longer puts more weight on one-way links due to all the gaming of the system. Google does, however, value links from closely related sites that are themselves well searched.

When I get an email to trade links from someone with a quality site related to mine I generally will always trade provided their links page is easily accessible from the home page and 100% on topic and not filled with junk link trades. With such a trade you also can get direct traffic from the site.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    This is something that is a kick in the pants to me too right now.

Google just penalized at least a thousand backlinks ( link:mysite.com] ) to my site.

Down to about 100 now, as most of my link building over the years has been with what Cheese calls quick-and-dirty links pages.

If I type in links:mysite.com, there are 2230 pages linking to me.

Yahoo has me at 3600 plus and others have me with a ton of back links.

I've been finding that google has been putting more and more importance into short and sweet header tags that describe the content on each page and less on backlinks the last several months.

Gonna have to wait & see what changes the new caffeine site will bring -

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    T

I've been finding that google has been putting more and more importance into short and sweet header tags that describe the content on each page and less on backlinks the last several months.

Gonna have to wait & see what changes the new caffeine site will bring -
    Now that is something to pay attention to. Thanks for sharing that little tip.
    I have always use relevant title tags, and no more than 16 keywords/phrases and unique descriptions for each page.

I will have to update a few pages on a few sites and see how that goes.

As for 3 way linking Cheesehead summed it nicely.
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread