Question Google Adwords Keywords
    Is Google Adwords a game of keywords?. Is just the keywords what make a Ad to show?

Google AdWords is not a "game" -- it is an advertising solution. You can find extensive information about Google AdWords' features and functionality at http://adwords.google.com/

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    The keywords are to get targeted traffic. The more targetted the more likely to convert.

There are 3 ways to target your keywords with broad, phrase, exact.

The right keywords are half the battle.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    Google AdWords is not a "game" -- it is an advertising solution. You can find extensive information about Google AdWords' features and functionality at http://adwords.google.com/
    I actually disagree and think it is a game. There are a ton of strategies you can use, millions of keyword and phrase options and a lot of different ways you can use it.

You can use Adwords for brand reputation and management, for sales, to increase newsletter subscriptions, sell impressions on your site (although they may not be targeted for your advertisers) and a whole lot more.

As for strategy, think about the landing pages, the ad copy, product pages, the algorithms, etc... There are so many factors and things that come in to play that the ones who truly know what they are doing come out ahead and get to collect their "$200 and Buy Boardwalk and Park Place".

Back when Yahoo was overture you also got to get into bidding wars and drop your bid .01 below the competition to increase their spend and run their budget out so you get the top spots for cheaper, etc.... which also made it a game for the larger budgeted advertisers so I do think it is a game.

It can be profitable, uses strategy, has multiple players and can spend all your money and make you start over if done wrong. Just read up on it and study then create a strategy and you are on your way to winning with Adwords.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

+1

Absolutely a great analogy, RollerBlader.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    +1

Absolutely a great analogy, RollerBlader.
    Thanks buddy =0).
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerblader
    I actually disagree and think it is a game. There are a ton of strategies you can use, millions of keyword and phrase options and a lot of different ways you can use it.

You can use Adwords for brand reputation and management, for sales, to increase newsletter subscriptions, sell impressions on your site (although they may not be targeted for your advertisers) and a whole lot more.

As for strategy, think about the landing pages, the ad copy, product pages, the algorithms, etc... There are so many factors and things that come in to play that the ones who truly know what they are doing come out ahead and get to collect their "$200 and Buy Boardwalk and Park Place".

Back when Yahoo was overture you also got to get into bidding wars and drop your bid .01 below the competition to increase their spend and run their budget out so you get the top spots for cheaper, etc.... which also made it a game for the larger budgeted advertisers so I do think it is a game.

It can be profitable, uses strategy, has multiple players and can spend all your money and make you start over if done wrong. Just read up on it and study then create a strategy and you are on your way to winning with Adwords.
    Thank you so much. You gave me a good explanation about it. I am really far behind. It is hard to find the information that really help. I have been bouncing around until I found this forum; I hope to find more useful information around. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by thirstyaffiliate
    Thank you so much. You gave me a good explanation about it. I am really far behind. It is hard to find the information that really help. I have been bouncing around until I found this forum; I hope to find more useful information around. Thank you again.
    I asked Haiko to pull down a thread a while back that I put up as a guide to PPC Marketing. If it still exists and he or one of the Moderators would want to make it live again it would be a good place to start reading. The reason I asked for it to be removed is personal but at the same time if it benefits someone positively in this community then it is worth going live again, if it is possible to recover it.

I think this is the link:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=94601

No problem.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread