Application Confirmation?
    I apologize if this topic was already covered, but I am having a bit of trouble completing my registration to AvantLink. I got the email stating to download the verification link and save it as -avantlink_confirmation.txt-, I saved this in My Documents. Then is says to use an FTP program to upload this file to my website. I use Filezilla and just dragged the -avantlink_confirmation.txt- icon to the host side of filezilla. It seemed to upload fine, but then I clicked on the following URL to verify the presence of the file:
    https://www.avantlink.com/affiliate_app_confirm.php?mode=verify-file&affiliate_id=XXXXX
    But it only gives me an error message. I am new to this so I wouldn't be shocked if I did something wrong. If anyone can help it would be much appriciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; August 22nd, 2009 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Removed Aff ID for your protection

EWE,

The error that shows is 404 file not found, you can check this by typing the URL string into the address bar of your browser (YOUR_URL/avantlink_confirmation.txt ) - I looked at it and saw it was not there. I think your uploading the file to the wrong directory, make sure your uploading to the / dir).

If after you re-upload the file to the right dir and you are still having issues, please fill out https://www.avantlink.com/contact.php to have someone at Avantlink help you directly.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Yay! I got it! Thank you so much for helping this newbie out Haiko de Poel, Jr.! I am excited to begin this journey.

YW, I hope it's a remarkably successful journey for you ExploreWildEarth!

Welcome to the family!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread