For the past few weeks, I have been noticing some strange things with a couple of CJ merchants.

Here is my best example:

I have a merchant named TFAW (things from another world) They have videos and stuff.

I've generated sales for them fairly consistently. Well, I go to run reports and I see that sales are showing up, I see that I am being paid BUT, can you believe this, they are MISreporting the sales amount!

For example, lets say my visitor clicks on my link and buys an "its a wonderful life" video, lets say that they pay $10.00 for that video and that is the listed price on the website...

Well, in my reports, it says that I get paid on (for example) $9.75, so, instead of showing a 10.00 sale, it is showing a 9.75 sale (this is JUST an example)

This has happened on EVERY sale generated with them AND it isn't always just a few cents.

I have called CJ, CJ says to wait to hear back from the merchant because they want to know whats going on! I emailed the merchant a few times and he always gives me some vague response that he doesnt know whats going on!

Here is the lates email from him:

:::I did a little digging on our side and I can''t find any reason why the transactions would show up a few pennies short.

You should probably contact Commission Junction (if you haven''t already) and see if perhaps there''s something on their side that causing this to happen to your transactions! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Good luck,
    Michael Ring
    Online Marketing Coordinator
    Things From Another World
    :::

(again, it isnt always just a "few pennies" and lots of "few" pennies can really add up)

ABW Ambassador
    One thing to consider is that a visitor to your site may click on a product which takes them to the merchants site, but may then purchase a completely different product.

I get this with one of the merchants I promote, and at first was quite distraught, as the difference was tens of dollars.

What microdot said.

And sometimes visitors may click on a cheap product link but ended up buying a lot of stuff or something very expensive.

ABW Ambassador
    Guys, he has said:

"..This has happened on EVERY sale generated with them.."

EVERY

Fer

ABW Ambassador
    then you need to contact the merchant and ask them what items are selling from your traffic and push those items on your site.

I see this alot also, but across all my mechants.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by papasan:
    For the past few weeks, I have been noticing some strange things with a couple of CJ merchants.

I wish I listened to you more when you originally posted. and now I'm feeling foolish... but what did you find with the other merchants? Was it likd TFAW or just ordering different stuff?

Thanks again.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread