Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    New Cowboys Stadium
    Got to go to the first game at the new Cowboys stadium. Unbelievable facility.

The most startling thing is the huge HD scoreboard. I found it almost distracting. You felt like you were watching the game on tv instead of in person because the picture on the scoreboard is so clear and dominating.

Glad to have gotten to go to the last game at the old stadium and the first at the new one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Affiliate Manager
    Every time I drive by the new stadium, I can't believe how big it is. Driving by the old stadium is almost eerie.

I grew up in Irving - about 10 minutes from the old stadium. I can't believe they finally built it after years and years of talk. Can't wait to travel back down someday to Arlington where I have also lived and see the new one - I hear its awesome.

Go cougars - September 5th vs. Oklahoma in the new stadium.

cougarmark

ABW Ambassador
    I think that scoreboard will be a topic of discussion during the season since it's not high enough off the ground. I think I read where 2 Titans punters kicks hit that thing and then went straight down and Jerry said he had no plans to adjust it. It'll come up again if he doesn't. But looks like a cool stadium, the Falcons will be over on October 25th to bless it.

As I typed this, the story just came on ESPN about the Titans punts hitting it.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Apparently the screen is higher off the ground than the minimum height the league requires, so JJ says it's up to the league - that he plans (and will pay for) no change.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Apparently the screen is higher off the ground than the minimum height the league requires, so JJ says it's up to the league - that he plans (and will pay for) no change.
    It always comes down to who is willing to pay for it, right?

Not sure they can raise it.... They are flat out of HDMI cable....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Jimmy might fold and raise it. This is his baby, something he wants to show off. If punters keep kicking it into that thing, that's what they'll be talking about all the time and how they didn't plan the stadium out right. I think he has a perfectionist type personality that will eventually win out. Polian was talking about how they had something like that with the Colts and they had the same problem, so they moved it.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Wow. Big screen and might even be a little distracting while playing.

The players will or maybe already do try to make sure not to look at the screen and start watching themselves playing.

They are looking at the screen thinking that guy is about to get hit. O wait that is me. Then smack!

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Not a big fan of preseason action, but I did not even realize the Titans got to play in the first game there. That is pretty cool. It was on TV here and I did not put two and two together.

It is an amazing stadium...WOW!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

GO TITANS!...lol stupid screen. The kickers were hitting it during practice as a target lol.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

It's funny about the original comment about the screen being distracting. It reminds me of going to AT&T Park (SF Giants) which has a pretty huge HD screen and thinking "wow, the blades of grass look clearer on the screen than they do on the field".

Affiliate Manager
    What I don't get is why go to a stadium and watch it on TV anyway. I mean, I understand the TV is bigger and it is fun to get into the crowd noise but let's face it -- at home, the food is better, the seats are more comfortable, you don't have to fight traffic or stand in line for the bathroom. Let's not even mention how much it costs.

Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    in Jimmy's defense - they did put the screen 5 feet higher than the NFL's minimum height requirement. The NFL needs to change the rules on this one and maybe even help fund the cost of raising it.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Quote Originally Posted by pjvesperman
    in Jimmy's defense - they did put the screen 5 feet higher than the NFL's minimum height requirement. The NFL needs to change the rules on this one and maybe even help fund the cost of raising it.
    The NFL needs to fund it? They make some guidelines that they require. They dont guarantee everything related will be great to meeting the minimum requirements they place. The owner should really be responsible for his place. Sports franchises make money hand over fist even when they lose.

It would be like suing the city zoning or building compliance because you threw a party at your house that met code and someone thought the doorways were too narrow or short or something.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread