Hello! I have had about 123 click throughs this month but no sales, is that normal? I'm using google adwords to advertise my site. Any suggestion or comments are welcome. Thank's

Marito,

Test some new ads, see if you get a better CTR, this may mean some revenue for you.

Are you advertising your site or a specific product? People don't search for a product and buy it the first place they find it. So yeah.. it is kind of normal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marito:
    I have had about 123 click throughs this month but no sales, is that normal? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm in about the same area for my first affiliate site (not using adwords though). Hopefully, for both of us, the sale will come soon. I just figured that more clicks that come, the closer I am to the sale.

Then again, it's got to be a little more stressing when paying for the clicks. I'm planning on starting adwords soon myself once I can find a good niche. Please let us know how it goes.
    I forgot what I was doing.

Actualy, I promote affiliate programs, men, women stores electronics etc.
    What budget do you suggest each month for google adsense? I tried the keyword "online shopping", but thats $14.95 a day at $0.05 a click, thats about 300 unique visitors a day, but it's a bout $450 a month!!! wow. I tried other keywords to manage my budget, but what do you recommend for starters? Thanks!

With Google Adwords, the more specific you can target things, the better you will do.

Most people searching for "online shopping" probably aren't going to buy anything. Someone searching for "best price on flight to hawaii" are probably very interested in booking a flight to Hawaii. If you have an AdWords campaign directing them to a page on your site where you list the best prices on a flight to Hawaii, you're FAR more likely to get a sale.

General keywords bad. Specific keywords good.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Getting specific is good.
    When you get too specific you might as well rank organically.

"best price on flight to hawaii"

ABW Ambassador
    PS: I'm shown as posting this at March 15, 2004 09:02 AM BUT the post didn't show up in the thread = FYI

Then it showed up as a dup - lol

Right. Just an example.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Specific keywords match with relevant landing pages allows for top listings without any SEO/SEM effort or expense.

Try these two and see why normal trickster affiliates ride the SE rolly coaster from rags to riches.
    Men's suspenders

Designer blue jeans
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Those listings never cost a dime and generate sales without or without PPCSE expense.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread