15 years and counting
    What does it mean? Microsoft has asked to reduce the cashback offer
    Just to give you an update on the promotion at TheWatchery.com, Microsoft has asked to reduce the cashback offer. Right now, consumers can get great deals by getting 20% off our already everyday low prices. You guys are doing great with this promotion
    I understand what's a cash back offer. I understand consumers can get 20% Off.
    Who can tell me what Microsoft is doing is the middle of that offer? The email came from Blue Cherry Group.

It can't be a typo, It's also in the headline "Changes to Cashback Offer FromThe Watchery"
    Is the OPM involved in CashBack or is it the merchant? I was thinking the money (to pay sub-affiliates) was coming from the Affiliate offering cash-back?

http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=31607

http://www.thewatchery.com/bing_cashback.asp

I'm not sure what they are expecting you to particularly do, but I don't know about partnering with someone who is actively marketing a competitor like Bing CashBack to this degree on their site.

Who can tell me what Microsoft is doing is the middle of that offer?
    Overwriting the affiliate cookie and getting credited for the sale that you drove to The Watchery.

Do I win a prize?
    Tee-Hee

15 years and counting
    Thanks for the links. That's the full email I received (without the Signature).

I will never promote this merchant, thanks for the heads up.

A few months ago, I received a merchant email advising me to promote a sweepstakes offer that was being run with another affiliate. I sent a note back asking if it was sent in error.. why on earth would I send my traffic to another affiliate?

Merchants like The Watchery will see the rest of their affiliate traffic dry up. Good luck to them & Bing, I hope they're very happy together.

I wonder, if the AM mentioned that affiliates were doing well with the offer, if affiliates were getting commission and Bing was giving cashback. Bing cashback is done outside of affiliate networks, and I believe the "bonus" cashback is being fronted by MSFT (perhaps working off of a % of an advertiser's adcenter spend). Not all merchants channel map pixels, or The Watchery may fire both pixels.

Maybe someone in the program can confirm with the AM for The Watchery before we speculate? I can only believe that this would be sent to affiliates if a) affiliates could get credit or b) the AM is amazingly blind to the way their own company works. It could be either, but it should be confirmed before a witch hunt occurs.

15 years and counting
    I have to think more often of Bing when I see Microsoft somewhere.
    Isn't it strange for Bing to offer cash back for an affiliate program on Google?
    PayPal also offers these kind of promotions. Are our commissions always protected? I don't know.

Not sure if this is related to this thread, but I sometimes see promotions designed for one affiliate pushed to all of them.

For example, if you log into CJ, hit 'get links' / Links. Type in retailmenot

You get an "exclusive" coupon for retailmenot. Would I get a commission with this link?, I would assume not, but who knows?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread