ABW Ambassador
    YouTube Revenue
    I seen on the news something about it is now official, you can make revenue of videos on YouTube.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Sure, it's easy to make money off YouTube ... Get some company to pay you to make a short 60 second video and put it up on YouTube for the world to see. Then buy a
    bucket full of super cheap traffic to send to the YouTube link to seed the 'showing.'

Let curiosity skin your cat ... BTW, a 60 second video (commercial) in the real world
    can cost you more than a million to make. But as an online entrepreneur, you can easily get companies to pay you $1,000 per video ... just make a good demo video,
    post it on YouTube and tell the world you offer this service.

If you play around with how to do it ... or come to Vegas and take our Videograpy classes at College of Southern Nevada ... you are golden. Make one a day easy.

No problem getting real companies to also pay you a penny for every time their video is shown on YouTube. Don't think for a second that Rupert Murdoch does not know how to monetize YouTube. The money just does not flow thru YouTube.

I think these new options might be for YouTube partner's only.

I got a notification to say that they would enable ads running before the video, but so far I haven't seen anything active on my account yet. I haven't bothered to investigate this because frankly YouTube sucks when it comes to support.

It's quite frustrating.. I get between 15k - 20k views per day on YouTube and make zero revenue on it at the moment.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

So charge someone $1/1,000 views ... make $300 per month. You got to go sell the stuff yourself ... there is no free lunch on the net, YouTube or no YouTube.

If you are really created you can create a video with a goofy avatar and have it see the little twitter bird, pull out a shotgun and blow the thing out of the air ... and you attach a sound bite to it.

Something like the Barney wave of a few years back.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamoo
    I think these new options might be for YouTube partner's only.

I got a notification to say that they would enable ads running before the video, but so far I haven't seen anything active on my account yet. I haven't bothered to investigate this because frankly YouTube sucks when it comes to support.

It's quite frustrating.. I get between 15k - 20k views per day on YouTube and make zero revenue on it at the moment.
    If you place a live link at the beginning of your video "As taken from h ttp://mysite.com" I think those 20K views will amount to something. Just leave off the www in the URL.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    If you place a live link at the beginning of your video "As taken from h ttp://mysite.com" I think those 20K views will amount to something. Just leave off the www in the URL.
    The beginning and end of all my videos have an ident with the website name on. Because I'm a YouTube partner, then there are pretty good branding options on my channel.

The problem with ads at the moment is that YouTube only seems to allow them on videos where you own 100% of the content. I tend to use press photos (it's a "reporter" site) and therefore I don't own the images, which (from my reading) makes it ineligible to run advertising.

I could easily place a short ad clip in new videos I upload though, not a very elegant solution..

Added: I get about 500,000 views per month of videos on the channel, but only 31 clickthroughs! It's hard to say how many might type in the URL or site name because of the branding on the video..
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread