Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    A block of 30 rooms have been set aside at the Las Vegas Stardust for ABW'ers April 30 and May 1, and were to be "on the computer" this weekend. However, it appears they're not there yet and I've called in and confirmed this. I'll call in Monday and see what the delay is, then report back here.

Aside from this block of rooms, Circus Circus is nearby for people that would prefer a more family-oriented place, and Ballys is further up the Strip for people that want a more upscale hotel, but you would need to book these places outside of the program.

Naturally, you can select any place you want, but we've settled on the Stardust (East Tower, renovated in 2000) as a tradeoff between affordability and convenience to the middle of the Las Vegas action.

ABW Ambassador
    What kind of price is involved here? Just curious

Sorry, haven't had a chance to look around the site much lately, is this an official ABW event? and yes or no is their a site with details on this gathering?

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    The discounted rate for ABW'ers was quoted at $90/night for the nights of Apr 30 and May 1, plus 9% tax and mandatory $1 per day for unlimited local phone (which may be used for dial-up internet access if you can connect locally with your ISP).

I went online today and the ABW'ers rate was showing as $100/night. So there was a descrepancy. That's why I'm not giving out the confirmation code yet. I want the rate to be $90/night as originally quoted.

Rates for nights other than Friday and Saturday should be considerably less, but at the hotels prevailing rate. Friday and Saturday nights are the popular nights, that's why the rates are higher then.

ABW Ambassador
    The find function is not working for me at this time.

This meeting started last year and Haiko posted this year that May 1st was the day in Vegas.

Big Daddy has paid for the Chairman of the Board Room at the Stardust so we ABWers have a private place to network, meet the networks and the merchants who I trust will buy a round of beverages.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention the Chairman of the Board Room at the Stardust is set aside for us May 1 and should hold up to 80 people.

Also, the Stardust has lots of nice places for informal meetings, like the poolside Terrace bar which I've been told is open 24 hours a day.

http and a telephoto
    Double or king rooms? Anyone setting up a place where we can set up "willing to share a room" messages? I can share a phone line for 2 days.... I might want to get in on Thursday if rooms are available...

I've only been to Vegas once, to present at a conference, and stayed across the street at the Riviera!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    loxly, I believe there's a choice of doubles or kings. Check here around noon PST for the group code and you can then go ahead and book rooms under our package.

Expect a new thread to start shortly where everyone that is going can post their confirmation, and share requests like yours, loxly.

http and a telephoto
    Looks like you have the only rooms available, thursday is $60 online and there are no rooms on friday and saturday available to be booked. So groups have the whole place... Hope 30 rooms is enough! The Riviera is already full too...
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it this time.
    24 hours travel one way, including airport security checks and immigration control make it a pretty tiring journey for just a couple of days.

Can we make it NY next time.

http and a telephoto
    LOL, I would vote for New York also! But I think some of the folks like to play and they can't do that in NY. I am thinking about going, but realistically probably can't. If it were in NYC I would definitely be able to go. But if you want to go early Guffy, the rooms are really cheap during the week!!!!
    Deborah Carney

The cheapie fave of LV regulars, the Westward Ho next door is also booked solid Saturday night for a slot tournament. If people can't get in at the Stardust, you can try Circus Circus or the Sahara... both within a 3-5 minute walk.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm kind of a bird lover. What are the going rates at the "Chicken Ranch" and do they have a meeting room?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Ok is thing a GO or what is the scoop.

Us 4 from Canada will attend, If at all possible if this thing gets "going with a FOR SURE THING"

We need to get this stuff lined up. It's less than two months away.

K i am not familar with LasVegas. Where is the "conference?" what hotel?

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko posted February 06, 2004 08:56 PM
    "May 1, 2004"

whiznot got a block of rooms that should be in the Stardust computer system by 2 PM PST

BigDaddy has the Chairman of the Board room that will hold up to 80 for the networking.

WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED

See ya there!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    @ canfree

If you find a cheap way for fares to get there let me know
    Coming from winnipeg here

Will post if I find any deals

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guffy:
    Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it this time.
    24 hours travel one way, including airport security checks and immigration control make it a pretty tiring journey for just a couple of days.

Can we make it NY next time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guffster,

Why not make it a 5 day vacation for yourself, see the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam etc...

You right, its a drag for 2 days, but you work for yourself... work it out!

Allen

ABW Ambassador
    http://packages.travelocityvacations...=TCY&alias=TCY

I'm looking at April 29th - May 2nd.

But looking at it, it's just as cheap to spend the whole week for an extra $100 Cdn or so.

Also if you can't find a flight connecting straight. Look at WestJet to get you to a connecting city. Example Toronto.

ABW Ambassador
    Gearshopper:
    Is there room in your boat for Guffy on the 3rd

Canfree:
    You 4 could go together and rent a boat out of Templebar, AZ on the 3rd and that would make a 4 boat flotilla.....800-752-9669

Mike, I can take up to 10 people so the boating on monday is wide open.

Allen
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    expedia has air 29th back on 3rd for about $611
    Package rates work out about same once hotel factored in
    I will go check a couple off line agencies and see what they can find

Was about $900-950 depending on how many days no matter how I calculated

Anyone know if hotel will be cheaper for thursday and a sunday or is 90 per night for all days????

It's cheaper on the weeknights even without conf rate.

ABW Ambassador
    OK, the Stardust computer is up to the job now, at least for the nights of April 30 and May 1. You can book those nights online now by going to http://www.stardustlv.com and clicking on the "BOOK ROOM ONLINE" button. Follow instructions and enter the group code BESTWEB where indicated.

The basic rate for those two nights should be $90 plus tax and phone fee.

If you want to arrive on an earlier date, or leave on a later date, you'll need to call in your reservation at the moment (866-642-3120 or 702-732-6111). Have the group code BESTWEB ready.

Later today, their online system should be accepting reservations for arrivals starting as early as April 27 and departures as late as May 3, but their computer has only allocated 5 rooms for these dates. So if the extended stay block gets booked, let me know, and I'll call in a get it expanded.

Any problems with your reservations, post them here to my attention, or contact me by email barryb at citiescommerce.com (please use ABW LAS VEGAS, upper case, in the subject line so I can find your email in all the spam I get) or you can even call me at six zero nine four three zero three three four eight (I'm on eastern standard time).

Please do not delay if possible. The hotel is booked for April 30 and May 1 outside of our group block of 30 rooms. I'll try to get more if the block is used up.

ABW Ambassador
    Walleye, I got Sunday night for $70. Rates for weeknights should even be less.

ABW Ambassador
    I got mine!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast