Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2005
    Posts
    68
    Does anyone buy articles online?
    Is it effective to buy articles online for your website? What are your experiences? Does anyone used Constant Content before? Any feedbacks?

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2005
    Posts
    639
    I never buy articles. Unique content is KEY to getting page rank (and more traffic). Unless you are buying a single use article, you are only going to see disappointing results. I would recommend writing your own. This is one of those things that makes AM anything but get-rich-quick. Some article directory sites have some very good tips on how to write an article. This may seem slow but these tips are worth reading if you are new to article writing.

    Best of luck!

  3. #3
    Full Member TerriFalcone's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2008
    Posts
    328
    Writing your own is best but finding a content writer online is possible. I would suggest looking at possible people via guru.com or elance.com. You get what you pay for so if you are looking for just someone who will come in a a low bid you might be wating your money. OTOH if you find someone with good feedback...well you might want to give them a chance and see if it works for you.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Posts
    1,537
    This question is important, because it gets to the matter of just about everything that happens online. And that point is this:

    ONLINE 99% of everyone wants to SELL YOU SOMETHING, not buy anything from you.

    Now this point does not mean NO ONE BUYS anything online - they do. But what they WANT to buy, WHAT the need to buy and whether they will buy it from you is the problem. Most articles you find online are garbage ... not worth even a pixel of space, but GOOGLE demands 'fresh content' so that is what you get ... a pile of fresh fecal matter in the form of some words strung together online.

    People do buy articles ... most of the trade publication that make the NY TIMES best seller non-fiction list are articles strung together in book form. Magazines buy articles.
    Newspapers buy them too.

    But will the majority of people online buy them NO. Why, they think there is such a thing called a FREE LUNCH. Little do they know, that all the free lunch content they are chasing, wastes so much of their valuable time, that there is NO TIME to make any money.

    You can make a ton of money BUYING short quality articles. Then edit them so they do not grate on the grammar police, post them on a single page with some ADSENSE
    ads and maybe a CPM banner ... and plug the URL into the net and viral sources like
    RSS. Buy some cheap traffic and go from there.

    String some of these articles together, so when someone reads one, they can click over to read a second one and so on. One visitor can get you 2, 3, 4 or more shots
    at getting an Adsense click or an affiliate sale and such.

    Now if you can write a decent 300 to 500 word article once a week, you can sell it for $50 pretty easily ... that's $200 a month extra for about a hour of work per week.

    Now if someone wants an exclusive on your article ... they should pay more. You need to sell them the rights to print it one time or run it on the net ... YOU ALWAYS RETAIN the copyrights.

    If you sell one article 10 times over a 90 day period, you would make $500 for that one article. And of course you could create your own site and publish the article(s) there.

    Remember only a 'blockhead' writes for FREE.

  5. #5
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Thanks for the advice net4biz
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador writerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by net4biz
    You can make a ton of money BUYING short quality articles. Then edit them so they do not grate on the grammar police, post them on a single page with some ADSENSE
    ads and maybe a CPM banner ... and plug the URL into the net and viral sources like
    RSS. Buy some cheap traffic and go from there.

    String some of these articles together, so when someone reads one, they can click over to read a second one and so on. One visitor can get you 2, 3, 4 or more shots
    at getting an Adsense click or an affiliate sale and such.
    I think "ton of money" is a bit overly optimistic. But it isn't a bad little strategy for mini-sites.

    Quote Originally Posted by net4biz
    Now if you can write a decent 300 to 500 word article once a week, you can sell it for $50 pretty easily ... that's $200 a month extra for about a hour of work per week.

    Now if someone wants an exclusive on your article ... they should pay more. You need to sell them the rights to print it one time or run it on the net ... YOU ALWAYS RETAIN the copyrights.

    If you sell one article 10 times over a 90 day period, you would make $500 for that one article. And of course you could create your own site and publish the article(s) there.

    Remember only a 'blockhead' writes for FREE.
    That's also pretty optimistic -- "$50 pretty easily" -- too many people out there eager to do "article marketing" who wouldn't recognize quality writing if it hit 'em in the nose, let alone pay $50 for a 300-500 word article.

    I know of several people who are buying articles custom written around their list of keywords/keyword phrases from a university grad school student who cranks them out for $5.00 for 3 articles of 300 words each. I've looked at some of her work and it's not half bad.

    But it's exactly problems like the young woman doing such cheap work that ruins the Internet as a source of serious income for those wishing to write and sell articles.

    Look around elance.com and guru.com and see the huge number of so-called writers and so-called editors willing to write for pretty much "slave labor" wages.

    Now, if I were a writer I would give a real go at your first scenario, i.e., putting up all sorts of mini-websites built around well-written content and monetized with adsense, text links, a couple of banners, etc. (In fact, sense I got dumped by EPN, that's looking like a good plan, so thanks for the reminder! )

    Oh, yeah, as for buying articles to use online, I agree with all that. Original content really is the only way to go if you're serious about an Internet business, not grabbing something done by someone else and throwing it up there.

    But I would add this -- there are a few people selling "private label rights" (PLR) content who aren't half bad writers. Not the PLR "membership" sites where you spend thousands per year for stuff you mostly never use. But there are a few who offer packets/packages of articles and ebooks written around specific popular topics -- and you have the rights (PLR) to put your name on them and use them pretty much how you want. HERE'S THE TRICK: NEVER USE THE STUFF AS IS. If you just slap your name on PLR stuff and put it online, you might as well save the effort.

    If you are able to rewrite the material significantly, you may get some benefit out of well-written PLR. But, of course, by the time you rewrite it significantly, and assuming you have the knowledge and writing skills to do that -- you're right back where you were. You're better off just writing the stuff as original copy yourself.
    Generate more fake news.

  7. #7
    Member niche's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2007
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by UKJ
    Is it effective to buy articles online for your website? What are your experiences? Does anyone used Constant Content before? Any feedbacks?
    It's one way to get content for your site. Personally I don't buy articles but I suppose getting someone to put together a bunch of articles for your site at elance is not too bad an idea

    Especially if you have a large number of sites to maintain.

    Not heard of constant contents but then not in the market for articles so no reason why I should have heard of them

    I think if you have only a couple of sites, then writing your own articles is probably the best way to generate UNIQUE content

    ... perhaps?
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Posts
    1,537
    Gary ... $50 was a ball park figure. But having everyone on the net post your article is not going to make YOU money ... it's going to make the person who brought people to their site to see your article so they can make them money ... not you.

    If you realize this fact, then you need to charge more money for your articles.

    Your little grad school chippy is selling a whole lot of $5 deals ... she writes three articles ... piece of cake with a simple article template you learn to use in grad school.
    Write the article in 30 minutes ... so three in 2 hours max ... sell them 100 times you just made $500. Better than $50. But they are probably ONE time use articles per website.

    Most magazines will pay you $50 for a good 500 to 700 word piece because they are assured of getting the copyright with the money and a cash for product sale protects them. Once you sell some articles you can raise your price.

    As for ton of money ... it's a metaphor for more than the minimum wage. And do not think you can't make big money from one article. THOUSANDS infact. Just you probably cannot do it for every article.

    When Salon and Slate were paying 10 cents a click for visitors we made something like $30k over the year with a one page article about how you can find out what is going on in the online world for FREE just by visiting the two ezines.

    Some health related articles get viewed over 100,000 times and more ... if you have a CPM deal with a major ad player, you can make as much as $10/CPM or more.

    Food is big online ... We made a bunch with Adsense when I had a killer SALSA RECIPE you could get for FREE up on my Food page ... paid one cent run of network ... was making a profit everyday. It all ads up.

    If your content is good and you are set up right with an appropriate domain name and tags and such ... you get a 'newbie' kiss from Google in the SEO. If Goofle considers you content pristine, you move up the ladder and bingo one day you get a zillion visitors.

    BTW ... articles written around keywords are usually pretty bad. Google can tell if you are packing in the keywords and they do not like it.

    We are talking quality here. One of our ABW players is a big PLR re-writer. As for slave labor, it depends where you are located ... $8 in India goes along way. And Indian college students are pretty smart, well educated, have sound command of the English language and do good work.

    Here's a trick on book writing ... find a good writer in India ... pay them X dollars per page (given them a contract to write Y amount of pages ... then you send them an outline for the book a chapter at a time ... when then send you the finished chapter
    you send them the required money by PayPal. Negotiate. When you get the finished chapter EDIT it to your desires. So if you pay them $5 a page and they write 160 pages off your outline, you have a book manuscript ready to go for $1,000 or less.

    The book publishing registers are done in 4s and 8s ... so make your pages be divided by that ... i.e. the content be set up in multiples of 4 or 8 pages. 160 pages, 196 pages etc.

    The point is that there are always costs and the goal is to make more than it costs you to do what it is you are going to do.

    Another point ... write a bunch of those 750 page articles and you can combine them all into a book ... all you need to do is write the bridge paragraphs to connect them.

    Seriously, the internet is a gold mine for all sorts of things other than putting up banners for bad merchants on crummy networks who don't pay you.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2005
    Posts
    68
    Thanks guys for the advice!

  10. #10
    ABW Ambassador writerguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by net4biz
    Gary ... $50 was a ball park figure. But having everyone on the net post your article is not going to make YOU money ... it's going to make the person who brought people to their site to see your article so they can make them money ... not you.

    If you realize this fact, then you need to charge more money for your articles.

    Your little grad school chippy is selling a whole lot of $5 deals ... she writes three articles ... piece of cake with a simple article template you learn to use in grad school.
    Write the article in 30 minutes ... so three in 2 hours max ... sell them 100 times you just made $500. Better than $50. But they are probably ONE time use articles per website.

    Most magazines will pay you $50 for a good 500 to 700 word piece because they are assured of getting the copyright with the money and a cash for product sale protects them. Once you sell some articles you can raise your price.

    As for ton of money ... it's a metaphor for more than the minimum wage. And do not think you can't make big money from one article. THOUSANDS infact. Just you probably cannot do it for every article.

    When Salon and Slate were paying 10 cents a click for visitors we made something like $30k over the year with a one page article about how you can find out what is going on in the online world for FREE just by visiting the two ezines.

    Some health related articles get viewed over 100,000 times and more ... if you have a CPM deal with a major ad player, you can make as much as $10/CPM or more.

    Food is big online ... We made a bunch with Adsense when I had a killer SALSA RECIPE you could get for FREE up on my Food page ... paid one cent run of network ... was making a profit everyday. It all ads up.

    If your content is good and you are set up right with an appropriate domain name and tags and such ... you get a 'newbie' kiss from Google in the SEO. If Goofle considers you content pristine, you move up the ladder and bingo one day you get a zillion visitors.

    BTW ... articles written around keywords are usually pretty bad. Google can tell if you are packing in the keywords and they do not like it.

    We are talking quality here. One of our ABW players is a big PLR re-writer. As for slave labor, it depends where you are located ... $8 in India goes along way. And Indian college students are pretty smart, well educated, have sound command of the English language and do good work.

    Here's a trick on book writing ... find a good writer in India ... pay them X dollars per page (given them a contract to write Y amount of pages ... then you send them an outline for the book a chapter at a time ... when then send you the finished chapter
    you send them the required money by PayPal. Negotiate. When you get the finished chapter EDIT it to your desires. So if you pay them $5 a page and they write 160 pages off your outline, you have a book manuscript ready to go for $1,000 or less.

    The book publishing registers are done in 4s and 8s ... so make your pages be divided by that ... i.e. the content be set up in multiples of 4 or 8 pages. 160 pages, 196 pages etc.

    The point is that there are always costs and the goal is to make more than it costs you to do what it is you are going to do.

    Another point ... write a bunch of those 750 page articles and you can combine them all into a book ... all you need to do is write the bridge paragraphs to connect them.

    Seriously, the internet is a gold mine for all sorts of things other than putting up banners for bad merchants on crummy networks who don't pay you.
    Definitely some good stuff and very useful information here for making some money, net4biz, thanks again for your post. (Also -- got your email contact and sent you a reply.)
    Generate more fake news.

  11. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11
    What does "buying article" exactly mean...? If it is to contact a good author to give them a case or a topic to write about, and once the article is ready to publish it on your website or in any other site (as a doorway page), than this is fine and works.

  12. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11
    The articles work only when provide valuable information and are unique, not a duplicates of anything already published anywhere.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    106
    Just a few thoughts from personal experience.

    At Elance I bought (i.e. asked somebody to write) three articles for my site. I paid $100 and got good articles in about two hours. They were about 600 words long each.

    I would have spent about three hours on each article if I wrote them myself. But I was ininspired by the topics.
    In the end, although the articles were well written, my fussiness set in and I re-worked them a lot - for hours - before publishing them.

    As a member of certain site I have access to a lot of PLR articles. But I never find any that I think are good enough for my site.
    (Things might be different in another topic area.)

    I took up a paid subscription to ideamarketers (article directory) - so I had permission to re-print 'members only' articles. I found a few that I put on my site.

    But it takes me hours of looking around before I find good articles I want to use.
    I mean, anybody can prattle on about a topic for 500 words so that they can put their link at the end. But why do so many article posters make no effort?

    With these few, good, articles I used from ideamarketers I don't worry about the duplicate content issue. For one thing, they were in the members-only department - not everyone is allowed to use them. For another, I noticed that nobody else had ever opted to reprint them.
    On the other hand, those pages only get about 5% the number of visitors that other pages get, so I don't really know what's going on.

    Just writing this, and checking my site stats in the middle of it, reminds me what a lot of work I need to do on that site.

    It also reminds me of a question always in the back of my mind: How DO Quality and Quantity work on the webs?

    When I personally write a page for my site, e.g. a 700 word page, it takes more than a full day, say about 16 hours.
    Suppose I went to Elance and bid on article writing jobs. I would be offering to supply a 700 word article for about $1,000. (Otherwise I may as well just work at my regular occupation.)
    This bid probably would not look attractive alongside other bids from e.g. India or the Phillipines, which might be for about $8.

  14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Product specific articles or generic articles
    By TechMan in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 13th, 2010, 12:53 PM
  2. where to buy diamonds online?
    By T5J in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 8th, 2004, 10:48 AM
  3. How to buy articles for only $5 each
    By Allan Gardyne in forum Marketing Resources & Power Tools
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 25th, 2003, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •