Quality Click Report Preview
    Okay, so eBay said a preview of the Quality Click Pricing Report is available and if I'm reading the report right, my earnings will only be about 35% of what they are now.

Current Earnings ($) - 82.64 ---- QCP Earnings ($) - 27.05

Does anyone know for sure that they're reading it right and have any insight?

If this is case, at least I'm glad they put out this preview so I can stop right now and forget doing all the tedious work to finish this site I've put so much time into to feature ebay products.

Bizarre. I have campaigns where the current earnings are high, but the QCP earnings previews are virtually nil, yet others that are exactly the opposite. In some cases, the swings are HUGE... in both directions.

Overall:

Current Earnings ($) - 361.xx ---- QCP Earnings ($) - 365.xx

Interestingly, with all the speculation about EPC and how it figures into the equation, I'm guessing that EPC bears ZERO correlation to the quality of the traffic. My overall EPC is $0.03, i.e., hovering around the supposed danger zone, yet my payout is going UP, albeit slightly, under the new quality-based model.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

My overall EPC is 0.20.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    My EPC is 0.42 but my QCP earnings are projected at $159 as opposed to my actual all time high ebay earnings this month of $417. Less than half - is that correct??
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Mine overall earnings went up with the new system by like 30%

I don't drive a lot of traffic but I do have a decent number of buys/bids vrs clicks so I'm not sure what's going on.

I'd like to see it over a longer period of time but for me it looks like I might make more. Strange...

ABW Ambassador
    Mine appears to be about 1/3 lower w/ the new system...
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Am I reading this right? No more two-tier payment (bids and ACRU)? Just your EPC which will change each day?

The report only covers ten days right now (August 18 thru 27). Looks like my earnings are going down:

Current EPC = 0.15
    Current Earnings = $1,023.78

QCP EPC = .10
    QCP Earnings = $689.30

Ouch!

My situation seems similar to Celicaphile, otherwise there's nothing consistent about it at all.

My review only covered from 8/18 too.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    Am I reading this right? No more two-tier payment (bids and ACRU)? Just your EPC which will change each day?

The report only covers ten days right now (August 18 thru 27). Looks like my earnings are going down:

Current EPC = 0.15
    Current Earnings = $1,023.78

QCP EPC = .10
    QCP Earnings = $689.30

Ouch!
    That's just like mine, 15 down to 10. And again is complete bs according to my year and half of ebay stats which are about 15 cents a click.

It seems those that had good EPCs got theirs lowered, those that had low ones got upped a little.

What I want to know is anybody under the new Preview getting over 10 cents a click? I've see some 15's down to 10's and then things like 4 cents up to 6, that kind of thing. I'm wondering how many people with the new system would be getting 15 cents a click, 20 cents a click or higher.

I doubt you will see much of anything over 10 cents for the simple reason, EBAY does not want to get dramatically out bid by affiliates on the PPC SE. This EPC thing is and was designed to be a moving target, so EBAY does not have to pay affiliates as much.

The click rate is based on YOUR EPC ... but what was EBAYS SALES per click for yoir traffic ... and what was EBAY's earnings per click for your traffic.

Your EPC is totally irrelevant ... except to you. It is useless to EBAY. If your EPC is 10 cents, then you need to make 11 cents per click to make sure all your traffic is
    profitable or costs you less than 10 cents.

What EBAY needs to know is what THEIR EPC is for your traffic. It could be a penny
    and they make $100K ... because you sent them so much traffic. It could be $1.00
    because you sent them 10 people who each bought something.

EPC is the dumbest way on the planet to run an affiliate program like EBAY. For example I sold a $3,200 deal as an EBAY affiliate ... I made the ususal commission and
    EBAY made their share of the total commission. So suppose I made $100 and it was an 10% total commission and EBAY made $220. What would the EPC be if I sent EBAY 100 people to get that sale, 1,000, or 100,000. It's irrelevant. EBAY made a gross profit of $220 from my traffic - and this traffic DID NOT cost them anything. But the traffic was not FREE to EBAY, they had to pay overhead and such.

It's not the affiliates fault, EBAY has so many dumb employees and expenses they have to pay. Lower there overhead. The present CEO is a joke compared to Meg.
    He should work for FREE, because that is what his leadership is worth.

The only metric that should count is SALES per 100 ... because with NO sales, no one
    is going to make any money.

Call me young and cynical (nobody's called me young for quite awhile), but why on earth doesn't eBay just create a new program, call it something like, "eBay Online Business Achievers" (cheesy, eh?) or something, and give notice to cancel EPN? They could do something like look at a list of the top earners from the beginning of EPN, say those people making $100K a month or something, and send them invites to the new "EOBA" program, and tell everyone that if they don't get an EOBA invite, they'll be expired from EPN and EPN will be shut down on such and such a date.

That way eBay will have a handful of real money makers, and all the rest of us being squeezed out (someone somewhere referred to the new/newer/newest EPN crap as "death by papercuts") with these nasty changes and accusations and just plain stupidity on EPN's part would be through with it.

As several here have suggested, EPN can't REALLY be interested in having affiliates anyway, can they? Given the way their mistreating their affiliates and crippling their program for anyone but the big earners?

What a sad charade.
    Generate more fake news.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    What I want to know is anybody under the new Preview getting over 10 cents a click?
    Mine shows 11¢/click, but my EPC goes down from .27 to .11.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I went up from $.33/click to $.44/click.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

0.20 to 0.31 for me so far. Time will tell though...

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Call me young and cynical (nobody's called me young for quite awhile), but why on earth doesn't eBay just create a new program, call it something like, "eBay Online Business Achievers" (cheesy, eh?) or something, and give notice to cancel EPN? They could do something like look at a list of the top earners from the beginning of EPN, say those people making $100K a month or something, and send them invites to the new "EOBA" program, and tell everyone that if they don't get an EOBA invite, they'll be expired from EPN and EPN will be shut down on such and such a date.

That way eBay will have a handful of real money makers, and all the rest of us being squeezed out (someone somewhere referred to the new/newer/newest EPN crap as "death by papercuts") with these nasty changes and accusations and just plain stupidity on EPN's part would be through with it.

As several here have suggested, EPN can't REALLY be interested in having affiliates anyway, can they? Given the way their mistreating their affiliates and crippling their program for anyone but the big earners?

What a sad charade.
    I take it from this post you still have not heard back. Yes, we can only conclude that ebay cares nothing at all about affiliates except the very big affiliates.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Lightbulb
    It really doesn't make any sense for them to shove smaller - but quality affiliates out the door.

Generally, the more sales and leads an affiliate sends, the more likely the merchant will put them in special bonus tiers and pay more. In this scenario, smaller affiliates who may send more valuable traffic are undercompensated, while those who send large volumes of lower-quality traffic – some who also commit fraud – are unduly rewarded.
    Small affiliates with fewer than 100 clicks per day to eBay bring 44 percent more revenue per click than the program average.
    feedfront.com/archives/article002112

I've been trying this weekend to leave this thread alone, but since some are asking what may be happening, I'll "update" you all to the current situation.

I was told I would hear something last week. On Wednesday, EPN Quality department sent me email asking for my contact phone number and available times, saying one of their representatives would be "reaching out to you." I sent it to them immediately.

Late Thursday evening, they said they still were waiting to receive my contact info. I resent it, with a copy of that email going to Mike Kansa, who was following my case.

I never heard a word from EPN Quality's rep or anyone else. Except after contacting Mike Kansa again, he said it was pretty much out of his hands, but that he would try to follow-up on it again.

Maybe I'll find out more this week?? Maybe I won't.

It irritates me that I assume any clicks going to ebay from my sites' links is just going into their pockets, unless it's all still tracking and I get my account restored.

I know of at least two other EPN affiliates who faced similar situations, only they were just banned or suspended, whereas the wording in my case was "terminated." When they had pretty much given up hearing from EPN after repeated attempts -- their accounts just suddenly and without explanation were restored.

Odd company, eh? LOL!

I really hesitate just to start ripping out EPN links and rebuilding sites until I hear from EPN, in case they do restore my account. If they don't contact me or don't restore my account, they are reaping the benefits from what little traffic I was sending them and I'm sort of left in limbo.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    My EPC is 0.42 but my QCP earnings are projected at $159 as opposed to my actual all time high ebay earnings this month of $417. Less than half - is that correct??
    The QPC report is not for the whole month. It starts at the 18th. So you need to compare that same range in the current program.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread