Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    933,830 Posts on ABW.... Haiko should give a prize to 1,000,000
    Almost a million freaking posts on the new forum since January 18th, 2005.

I'm thinking TWO things.

Haiko should do something cool for the millionth post...

AND ...

Pick a date that the millionth post will ..... well...... Post.

I haven't had time to do the math yet, but will.

Haiko.... A huge cash prize will work just fine.!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

ABW Ambassador
    Imagine how hard the mods will have to work to remove all the meaningless posts though, the ones that are posted just to make up the numbers.

How about a prize for the BEST post between 900k and 1 million? We could do nominations and voting once we hit 1 million.

FWIW, this is post# 957,274 and the counter at the top says there have been 933,871. I think some end up not getting counted? Perhaps spam that gets deleted, PMs, or other things like that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    How about a prize for the BEST post between 900k and 1 million? We could do nominations and voting once we hit 1 million.
    Why we are doing that? Mostly, you are the owner of best posts

i prefer something more random, or both
    Serkan Kutlubay
    myhosting.com - Affiliate Manager
    serkank/[@]/softcom.com
    myhosting: Private Forum, Shareasale, CJ, high commission, parasite free - Join Now!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey

FWIW, this is post# 957,274 and the counter at the top says there have been 933,871. I think some end up not getting counted? Perhaps spam that gets deleted, PMs, or other things like that.
    Where do you see 957,274? I see the one at top at 933,878, the on at the bottom says ; ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum Statistics [img]vizion/misc/stats.gif[/img] Threads: 94,547, Posts: 855,009, Members: 58,258

So do we have like 3 different post counts?

Yep, looks like three different numbers. You can see the higher of the three numbers (the one I'm talking about) by hovering over the post number (like #6 for this one) in the upper right of the post.

I think Haiko might have explained it before when we were nearing another threshold.

Why do a prize for the best post (or multiple prizes for multiple best posts?)? To encourage more quality posts. There are tons of great posters here, and many others who could be.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Ok, I see it.

The only thing I can think of is

One number is total posts including spam, including private messages

One number is total posts including private messages, minus the spam

One number is total posts minus private messages, minus the spam

Don't know.

"I think Haiko might have explained it before when we were nearing another threshold."

I remember that but can't find it, I guess it might have been the 500,000 mark or something. I think it was the 40,000 member contest where there was some confusion - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ht=prize+posts

Side note -

"Almost a million freaking posts on the new forum since January 18th, 2005."

It's actually since the start of the forum back in 2001. There was some update on January 18th 2005 where members that joined before that, got that join date as well. Mine says January 18th 2005 but I joined sometime in early 2002. Just like Michael, Julian, emphimy have that join date as well.
    Last edited by Trust; August 29th, 2009 at 11:17 AM.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Side note -

"Almost a million freaking posts on the new forum since January 18th, 2005."

It's actually since the start of the forum back in 2001. There was some update on January 18th 2005 where members that joined before that, got that join date as well. Mine says January 18th 2005 but I joined sometime in early 2002. Just like Michael, Julian, emphimy have that join date as well.
    The software platform was completely changed and all existing members and posts were imported. So all of us that joined before January 2005 have that assigned "join date".

I think *we* should all get together and give *Haiko* a prizes for making this forum available to us as a place where we can meet and learn and share.

And give recognition to *all* the moderators, past, present and future who through the years have chased the spammers and scammers and made this a *safe* place to be. Where you can come for information and camaraderie without fear of being inundated with spam disguised as PMs.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread