Question Two Questions for ShareASale!
    1 - If this thread: ShareASale - New Datafeed Format August 1st is supposed to be important, why is burried on the second page of the ShareASale forum, instead of been an sticky thread, like the other seven on the first page?

2 - ... --->

The ShareASale datafeed specification will be changing on August 1st, 2009.
    We will be adding 25 columns to the feed. Fifteen will be populated with new data and ten will be reserved for future use. This change may require you to update the procedure that you use to import ShareASale datafeeds.

Highlights include:

Merchant defined SKU value (unique)
    2) When if ever, can we expect to see the merchants, adding that unique SKU value Data, to their datafeed?

After this post from Sarah I had assumed that all merchants would by now be using SKUs. I only checked one merchant and it has the SKUs. Great sample size huh?

It was a new feed for me and it turned out to be unusable, but I did get my work done ready to use SKU for any new merchants that I take on.

http and a telephoto
    A lot of merchants have programing that they will have to change to be able to add data to the new fields. Also it seems that many Shareasale merchants have unique to them products where an SKU won't be of any use. Plus some merchants may not have SKUs in the feeds they get from their suppliers. (No really, I have seen some of these.)

I would recommend contacting individual merchants and AM/OPM for the ones that you need to have that field populated. Even though Shareasale shared the information about the extra fields to merchants they may not want to make changes unless they know affiliates *need* them.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

After this post from Sarah I had assumed that all merchants would by now be using SKUs. I only checked one merchant and it has the SKUs. Great sample size huh?
    Yea, that's what I thought too..

But, after cheching a couple new feeds on my HD, I didn't see any SKUs on them, and yesterday when I went looking for that "New Datafeed Format" thread again, I noticed that it was on he 2nd page of the forum, so I figured that it must be not that important after all...

It looks like it's just a good proposal, and not a new required format...
    I would recommend contacting individual merchants and AM/OPM for the ones that you need to have that field populated.
    That may be good if I am joining new merchants, but for the ones that I have now, my scripts still working fine the way they are now.

Btw, I am working on something new with many datafeeds, and since there are too many merchants from different networks with decent datafeeds, I don't think I would be asking for special requests about SKUs from any of them... (I bet I can rig something about that, if I really need to. )

When it comes to datafeeds, I would only bother the merchants for categories, not SKUs...

http and a telephoto
    It looks like it's just a good proposal, and not a new required format...
    That would be correct. And probably new merchants will be easier to motivate to change to the new format, since they don't have existing feeds to change.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Mr. Sal and All - the SKUs are in there even if a Merchant did not start sending a new feed format.

Repeat: The SKUs are in there.

Counting by hand, it is the 27th column over... Full specification is listed http://www.shareasale.com/a-helpcenter.cfm?ID=39

(Login required)
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Mr. Sal and All - the SKUs are in there even if a Merchant did not start sending a new feed format.

Repeat: The SKUs are in there.
    Thanks Brian,

I know the SKU field space, is in there on the new feeds, but it's too bad that the merchants are not using that field yet...

But that's ok, because that empty SKU field can be used to rig our own unique code for some SKULess merchants.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread