Troubling reply to support emails
    I notice that emails sent to support -at- popshops.com now generate an auto-reply which starts:

"Sorry that you are having an issue. Because are unable to respond to every support email that is sent, a troubleshooting guide below has been compiled. Please read carefully and RESPOND TO THIS email ([PopShops #XLP-000000])if your issue is not addressed."

I find this incredibly annoying and insulting.

Doesn't the language quoted above provide all the answers any rational customer would ever need to make a decision about using PopShops? Why would someone do business with a company that tells customers to send support questions to this address, and then tells them that the support emails are ignored unless the customer jumps through an extra hoop?

PopShops has adopted the 'most of our customers are idiots' attitude.

They're probably right, but you should never treat your customers like they're idiots.

Mark I agree with you 100% Popshops has a good product but they need to work on their Hardware uptime, CPU Load and user support!!! I personally believe they need to get ride of the Free accounts they offer. Its ok to give a free trial but not to allow affiliate to keep using a free account for ever it must use up a lot of CPU/Bandwidth which I feel should be given to paying affiliate.

I have stopped adding Popshop pages to my sites due to slowness and outages.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    I notice that emails sent to support -at- popshops.com now generate an auto-reply which starts:

"Sorry that you are having an issue. Because are unable to respond to every support email that is sent, a troubleshooting guide below has been compiled. Please read carefully and RESPOND TO THIS email ([PopShops #XLP-000000])if your issue is not addressed."

I find this incredibly annoying and insulting.

Doesn't the language quoted above provide all the answers any rational customer would ever need to make a decision about using PopShops? Why would someone do business with a company that tells customers to send support questions to this address, and then tells them that the support emails are ignored unless the customer jumps through an extra hoop?
    Last edited by kse; August 30th, 2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Font size

I signed up for the enterprise version and sent in a support email and got the same response.

If I'm paying money for something monthly, I expect to get support and not some emailing telling me tough luck.

This along with posts on this board about down time have me thinking twice about cancelling before the 30 day trial period is up.

If I'm building a business using their tools, I expect those tools to be supported. If there not supported, then don't charge me every month for the product.

The auto-reply allows users with the most frequently asked questions to be addresses immediately, apologies if it is upsetting. Admittedly, we don't have a call center or a large customer support center so it takes time to get questions answered at times. The infrastructure is where the focus is.

As for Data Pack, admittedly the documentation should be available for browsing - we'll look at getting that onto the other side of the firewall.
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread