ABW Ambassador
    Not that I'd drop zZounds for one second, they simply don't offer these types of instruments which I need for my new site.

I know this has been discussed fairly recently but the search function still doesn't work for me.

I've looked at the Giardinelli Music program, pays a straight 5%. The program is run through Musician's Friend, which I don't know anything about, but Musician's Friend offers a datafeed through BeFree.

Woodwind & Brasswind through Linkshare has a variable commission scale depending on product type. Datafeed available, through Linkshare I suppose.

Any feedback on either of these two? Or other nominations? I didn't look at CJ.

Thanks.

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    Giardinelli/Musician's Friend have a good selection and they convert very well.

One factor that helps is that they are very well known and have a good reputation, so prospective buyers don't feel apprehensive about buying from them.

Wayne,

I worked at Sheet Music Plus before Audible, so I know a little about this space.

The industry leader is Musican's Friend. The other one is www.music123.com through LS. I don't know anything about either program in terms of conversion rates.

Good Luck.

Beth

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the replies. I signed up with the Giardinelli/Musician's Friend program. They seem to be the same program.

Wayne

15 years and counting
    I know a little about www.music123.com. They have never been clear with their affiliates. They had their program with CJ before and they were as bad as Zappos (maybe worse) for reversals. Nethertheless, I made thousands in commissions every month because I had the right traffic. They switched to LS, took me 5 minutes to convert my links, but from one day to another, I made half the commissions and the next month, one fourth. Their owner is a crook, he acts like he knows nothing about affiliate marketing, but he knows how to scr@w us. And it's getting worse and worse, these last two days for over 2000 clicks, I made $.98. Don't waste your time with them. My traffic is going to die eventually.

ABW Ambassador
    I had links for 123 on my first music site. Spent tons of time building pages from their CJ links and then they made their switch. Their AM promised me a datafeed but I never heard from him again. Only had a couple of sales and it was worth losing the few bucks to promote zZounds exclusively.

Not sure how the traffic is for the more classical instruments. Should be interesting.

Wayne

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Reversals123, they suck! My name for them says it all--50% some months, when they were at CJ!

I did NOT follow them over to LS when they jumped ship because I figured they were just leaving so they'd have more opportunity to pull junk without it being so blanging obvious!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I made half the commissions and the next month, one fourth. Their owner is a crook, he acts like he knows nothing about affiliate marketing, but he knows how to scr@w us. And it's getting worse and worse, these last two days for over 2000 clicks, I made $.98. ~Zeus <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like my suspicions about Schmusic123's network-hop were correct. If something's moldy enough, it stinks no matter how far into the back of the fridge they hide it.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread