It's time for AC Lens' annual support for the Autism Speaks, Walk Now for Autism. Here are a some facts and statistics about Autism:
- 1 in 150 child births will be diagnosed with Autism.
- 1 to 1.5 million Americans are diagnosed with Autism.
- Autism is the Fastest-growing developmental disability.
- Autism has an annual growth of 10 - 17%!
- Cost of lifelong care can be reduced by 2/3 with early diagnosis and intervention.
- In 10 years, the annual cost will be $200-400 billion.
Once again, our team name is Jordan's Journeymen after the child of one of our employees. Jordan was diagnosed with autism at the age of 4 and just turned 15 in August.
This year, AC Lens is promoting the walk to our customer base in emails, on the homepage, and via a matching donation in our shopping cart. Creatives for the donation are located in the networks should you wish to promote it to your viewers.
We're putting together several events around the walk including donations from a local acting crew, Sunday Night Live from Wallstreet and other things soon to be announced.
Affiliates in or around Columbus, OH are more than welcome to be a part of our team. Here's more information on the walk:
Walk Now for Autism Columbus 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 10 AM
The Jerome Schottenstein Center
You can join our team or send donations here - http://www.walknowforautism.org/columbus/aclens. Alternatively, you can order contact lenses at AC Lens in September, donate directly in the shopping cart, and AC Lens will match all or part of your donation.
Thank you for your support.