Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Hello Ladies, You Wear Dansko Shoes?
    My wife, a teacher, is on her feet all day. She comes home from school just about everyday saying her feet, legs, and back hurt. One of her teacher friends told her to go to the Walking Company and get some shoes there.

So the wife returned from the store with 2 pairs of shoes. The next day after school she was in shock. Her feet, legs, and back felt much better and she praised these shoes up and down. After 2 weeks of wearing them, she lets me know that she will no longer be buying any other type of shoe.

I checked the receipt and come to find out these shoes are $120 per pair. Holy crab! At this point, I can't complain much because they seem to be well worth it. However, I have been looking online for places that sell this brand, Dansko, in anticipation of her next shoe purchase.

Seems the lowest price on ebay is $80 plus shipping cost if you can find the specific size and model. You can get them at a few of the online shoe stores for about $94 shipped per pair with a coupon.

I was hoping a Dansko shoe aficionado might have an inside track on getting a better price for these shoes than me.

Hehe, affiliate marketers wear house slippers

OK, now you got me curious though.

Post a piccie.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Those are awesome, awesome shoes!! I fully agree with your wife, worth every penny.

They are great shoes! May be getting a new pair this fall...

I even have couple pair of Dansko clogs. Great for when I was in the classroom. Now, of course my "professional" garb includes bare feet. But I have had a pair with me at Affiliate Summits.

I originally got the tip a few years back from a couple of friends who are in the food service industry. Folks on their feet all the time can appreciate the support and comfort of the Dansko products.

They always used to be plain ol' clogs, both open and closed back. Now, however, they have many different styles in the women's line - even some decent looking pumps for office attire. I've been thinking about developing a clogs niche site. Not overdone or anything, eh? Yeah right!
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Absolutely in love with my Dansko's - I wear them daily now as I developed some foot problems earlier this year. I walked around ASE wearing them daily without any problems. Well worth the money!

But that said, I haven't really done a ton of research on where to get them cheaper. My sis-in-law is a nurse and got hers on sale a few months back, not sure from where though. I did get a $25 gift certificate at the Walking Store when I purchased my first pair and used it the next time I went in.

Ladidah - they're not very pretty shoes (in general), but I've given up pretty for all day comfort
    [B][COLOR=Navy]Nadia Levine (van Rooyen)[/COLOR][/B]
    Senior Manager, Affiliate Practice at Vantage Media
    nlevine(at)VantageMedia.com

I once heard a "wise" saying:

"Don't go cheap on the things that go between you and the ground: your shoes, your mattress, and your tires."
    Your Ad Here.

Quote Originally Posted by affninja

"Don't go cheap on the things that go between you and the ground: your shoes, your mattress, and your tires."
    Well, I must have heard from a different "wise" person:

"Don't go cheap on the things above the neck: hair dresser, cosmetics, jewelry, dental care, plastic surgery, etc."

So, what's left in the middle?

Yeap, my niece who's a teacher has em, too.

Because of this thread, I went online and bought me a pair of Dansko clogs. I don't stand all day, but the pair of shoes I have now (New Balance) have been hurting my feet for quite some time.

I can't wait to get them in and try them out. Talk about pre-sell at it's best

Quote Originally Posted by affninja

One more thing to add to that list: office chair.
    --

It's best to spend much for a great quality of a product. It's worth every cents.

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    I'm with Lanadili - i think i need to go get me a pair of these! My feet were killing me walking around Vegas the night before BlogWorldExpo - never a good sign when your feet hurt BEFORE the convention even starts LOL.

I'll second the good mattress too! We finally broke down and got a sleep number bed and could not believe the difference in how we slept or how the chronic back pain my hubby had disappeared the first night!

I saw where 6pm has the The 'Caitlin' clog for around $37. Not sure what she will think of the styling, but they have sizes left in it. Wouldn't be a bad jean clog..... Great price. I sent you the link.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadili
    Because of this thread, I went online and bought me a pair of Dansko clogs. I don't stand all day, but the pair of shoes I have now (New Balance) have been hurting my feet for quite some time.

I can't wait to get them in and try them out. Talk about pre-sell at it's best
    Soooo...how 'bout a report. I "think" I saw you wearing them at ThinkTank a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by leann
    I saw where 6pm has the The 'Caitlin' clog for around $37. Not sure what she will think of the styling, but they have sizes left in it. Wouldn't be a bad jean clog..... Great price. I sent you the link.
    That is a GREAT price for Danskos. I'd like to find one of their men's styles at a price like that.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Soooo...how 'bout a report. I "think" I saw you wearing them at ThinkTank a week ago.
    LOL yes you did! I took them with me and wore them 90% of the time there, and I'm glad I did.

When I first got them in and tried them out, it took a little bit of getting used to. Because I was use to wearing tennis shoes pretty much all the time, and not having something I could just slip on and off. But now I wear them pretty much everywhere, and have had no aching feet since I started wearing them.

I think my favorite part was having to go through the airport terminal and just being able to slip them off and on like it was nothing while most everyone else was fumbling around trying to get their shoes back on. That just tickled me, and made me realize it was another good reason for having them. Not only do they feel great, but they are easy to take off and on.

Definitely a thumbs up from me! It was a bit expensive, but from the reviews I read, they last a LONG time. I think someone said about 8 years, depending on how rough you are with them.

ABW Ambassador
    I have always paid a lot of money for shoes. As with a lot of products, you get what you pay for.

Some things are worth that 'little' extra.

YES YES YES... love them. have 2 pars of clogs, 3 pairs of sandals, one pair of boots... they are all between 1 and 10 years old. I had an older pair of clogs that were 12 years old, put a little extra leather in the heal and sold them for $15 bucks at a rummage sales. They are my go to for comfort, cute, all-day wear. That 12-year old pair were my waitressing shoes through college. They are more than worth the extra cost as they last over a decade! Plus, all the new pump, sandal and boot styles are very fashionable! LOVE love love.

Oh... and I'm wearing my brown suede leather boots today - very cute, very fashionable, very comfortable... best healed shoe I ever bought.

Molly Bradford
    Vanns.com
    Affiliate Program Manager

Dansko disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    I have always paid a lot of money for shoes. As with a lot of products, you get what you pay for.

Some things are worth that 'little' extra.
    I agree
    If the shoes are not comfortable, it directly effects our movement and movement effects our performance. So no compromise for choosing good quality shoes, no matter how much it costs.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread