http and a telephoto
    Good new: Stats are here.
    Bad News: To track, must replace code on pages

Other new features too, go log in!

Color instead of PSA's for those that don't do alternate ads. Can work in frames (yuck, but I guess some people need it) Other goodies that aren't important to me but that some of you may get a kick out of...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Wow, channels feature sounds really neat. Now, I can track how much each site, even categories of a site, is producing.

seems to be down here

ABW Ambassador
    Channels are great, what's not great is you can only have 20 of them.

http and a telephoto
    I didn't see the limit, I didn't hit it yet. Thanks for the heads up, will have to not get quite as specific as I was thinking....

BUT, any channel is better than NO channels!!!!

At least I can get some idea what's going where...
    Deborah Carney

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Channels looks good to me. Took me about an hour top change the code on all my pages. Its well worth it, now I'll know where my money is coming from. Hope this works out.

I was wondering why reporting was delayed 24 hous. I assume that this change was it. Hopefully it won't be delayed anymore

Mike
    Cool dancing cows

ABW Ambassador
    https://www.google.com/adsense/faq#channel1

"With up to 20 channels available for each publisher, you can use channels to gain the insight you need to optimize your site's performance. It's easy to add, deactivate, or rename your channels, and customized reports are simple to generate."

http and a telephoto
    How can you tell if reporting is delayed? I can see a lag of a couple of hours now and then, I was sure I was only getting traffic in the evenings for a while until folks were talking about it here...

Channel data isn't kicking in yet, but I have the code up hoping to see some trends tomorrow!!! er... later today....
    Deborah Carney

Channel stats have a lag time of up to 48 hours, according to adsense faq. bummer....

ABW Ambassador
    Excellent! This will help me optimize their ads.
    I have seen a steady increase in income from adsense - in fact I already reached the amount for the whole month of January

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    20 channels and nothing's on...

In other words, Adsense is lagging so bad I haven't posted a click yet.

Still, this should be interesting and I'm looking forward to figuring out how it might help me target ads.

Whoa...Google crushes CPA adnetworks in one blow.

Now you can optimize your INDIVIDUAL pages for Adsense clicks and keep track of the results.

You can know for instance that page X for instance generates Y amount per click
    versus page A which generates B amount per click.

Plus you can track Adsense clicks from ezines...i.e. you send an email to your ezine list to click on the URL for your online ezine.

Say your online newsletter has 2,000 subscribers and you send it out once a week. Subscribers are asked to go to the URL in the email and read the info.
    1,000 people do just that.

When they get to your ezine page they find a box of content, an Adsense banner with 4 ads, and another box of content. Or probably even better one box of content and the adsense banner, that all fits in the one screen.

They read the info and say 10% click out of the page by clicking on an adsense ad - 100 adsense clicks times 4 for the month - 400 adsense clickthrus.

Suppose the average value of each click thru to you is 10 cents....you make $10
    for sending out the ezine and you never had to sell anything except a FREE subscription to your ezine. Your ezine generates $40 per month.

If the average adsense pay out is 20 cents, you make $80 per month.

You can now monetize every page and keep track of the results...and target traffic to specific pages.

Once your know that a specific page generates a certain amount per click thru, say 10 cents, then you can go buy traffic at say 3 cents per click thru and pocket 7 cents for each visitor - you buy 3,000 visitors and clear $210 from just one single page.

When people figure this out you can say Sayonara to the trusted 3rd party dudes.

With the CPA set up, merchants can get FREE traffic from affiliates and pay for adwords on Google or slots on PPCSE.

If affiliates can now be guaranteed a return for running an adsense banner why will they send FREE traffic for on the come money to merchants?

Some will, but most will not...and it's the FREE traffic from affilites that determines the total cost per click for merchants.

You have 1,000 affiliates who send you 10 visitors per day each...300,000 visitors per month...you buy 1,000 visiors per day from say Overture for $100.
    $3,000 per month...divide the $3k into 330,000 and each visitor only cost you 3.3 cents, not 10 cents. If you can make more than the $3 and the network fees
    for the 330,000 and the sales commissions, you are in hog heaven.

If you can monetize 330,000 visitors at 10 cents per click and only have to pay out 5 cents per click, you clear $180,000 per year.

It's all the same math, TV stations, print media and the like use. DUH.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Once your know that a specific page generates a certain amount per click thru, say 10 cents, then you can go buy traffic at say 3 cents per click thru and pocket 7 cents for each visitor - you buy 3,000 visitors and clear $210 from just one single page. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bzzt!!

Sorry Jersey, but you forgot one hitch: Not all of those boughten visitors will click your AdSense link. Some will hit Back--and, if the traffic is junky enough, they may ALL hit Back!

The profitability of your setup is entirely dependent on getting the people to actually click the money link. No clicks = you're $90 in the hole.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Still gonna have to work for a living, huh?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Not all of those boughten visitors will click your AdSense link. Some will hit Back--and, if the traffic is junky enough, they may ALL hit Back!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Absolutely right.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Still gonna have to work for a living, huh? ~Whiznot <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only if you consider putting up affiliate pages to be "work!"
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I love the new frame option... As I have thousands of free sticky pages that are framed so I can keep my traffic. !

WoooHoo

Anxious to see an increase!

Leader,

You are right...not all will, but some will. That's where the testing comes in.

Presently my average adsense CTR is working it's way and getting close to 15% which means some pages are doing better than that and some worse...it will be nice to know which ones score big and which score little.

I am pretty sure I can get it to 25% in the next few months with some tweaking and testing.

But I'll take 15% if the average adsense payout is 15 cents.

Buying traffic does have it's risks...but knowing where to buy traffic that is not garbage can offset that.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread