My Activity Report
    My GAN rank is a full 4-bar.
    I've had an account for six or more years.

My stats for yesterday:
    zero impressions, zero visits, zero actions, zero trans.

This is such a disservice to GAN merchants, but it is the way GAN wants it.

Way to go GAN
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I'm not sure what period the bars are based on, but it's probably something like the previous month or the previous three months. You just quit promoting GAN merchants, right?

Some of your complaints about GAN are petty. I would suggest focusing on the one big issue rather than nitpicking, otherwise many will write off the big complaint as "just another complaint by a complainer".
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Some of your complaints about GAN are petty. I would suggest focusing on the one big issue rather than nitpicking, otherwise many will write off the big complaint as "just another complaint by a complainer".
    Petty to who? And can you offer an example? Kind of a hit-and-run there Michael. Details would help.

My ranking has been the same for over a year. I finished pulling links on Tuesday. The point, obviously of the post, is that there was a loss in sales, for me and for merchants.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

This thread, for one. Do you really thing this is a valid issue?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

This thread, for one. Do you really thing this is a valid issue?
    Totally. I haven't had zero activity for a very long time. It has been said that this problem with the new GAN/AdSense policy is a perception - not a reality. This is very real. Merchants lose sales. I lose income. I'm not alone. I guess this could be petty if you aren't the one losing.

What other issues do you feel are petty that have been raised?

You said complaints - plural - not complaint. Enlighten me Michael...
    leeann

I'm not aware of any other issues Leeann is focusing on at the moment. Seems like a pretty unfair and unnecessary comment to me...
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

I understood your complaint in this thread is that you show as a 4-bar affiliate when you're not sending any business their way anymore, and that it's a disservice to merchants to show you as such. Perhaps I misunderstood what you're saying.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I understood your complaint in this thread is that you show as a 4-bar affiliate when you're not sending any business their way anymore, and that it's a disservice to merchants to show you as such. Perhaps I misunderstood what you're saying.
    I should have made it more clear. It was just an example of what can happen in a day when valuable affiliates lose their accounts with GAN. Multiply that times..who knows how many websites... times 365 days a year...and we're looking at a major loss in sales. It may have not been my best example, just an example. I'm just trying to show how real (not a perception) all of this is going to be in the very near future because of Google's self-serving policy change.
    leeann

This theme is ranging across many different threads, so someone only reading this one might not fully understand...

Publishers will be terminated from GAN on 10/31/09 if the do not open an AdSense account for payment. The problem is some publishers cannot or do not wish to open an AdSense account. Leeann, myself, LaValette, and many others are some of those publishers that have had an AdSense account closed (disabled) and/or cannot open a new AdSense account. We will all be terminated on 10/31/09 and, so far, Google and GAN have done nothing to address the issue.

LeeAnn has been proactive and already replaced her GAN merchants so I believe she was just emphasizing the business that GAN has lost and will be losing by terminating accounts like ours. We are good publishers, and Google will be terminating our accounts in October. It's not fair, and it's not petty.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcrinoid
    LeeAnn has been proactive and already replaced her GAN merchants so I believe she was just emphasizing the business that GAN has lost and will be losing by terminating accounts like ours. We are good publishers, and Google will be terminating our accounts in October. It's not fair, and it's not petty.
    That was the only point of the post. Thanks for wording it so people could understand.
    leeann

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread