Affiliate Manager
    Affiliate Promotion Question
    I'm think about running a non money affiliate promotion for Honey Bean Coffee

I was thinking of doing something like:

I'll send a bag of Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee to any affiliate who generates $500 in affiliate sales by Oct 15, '09 (through SAS)

I'm not sure if this is a promotion that anybody would be interested in or if I should just stick to $$ promos.

Let me know what you think, I'm planning on starting a lot of promotions, once I figure out what everyone wants,

Joe

Personally I'll do just about anything for a good cup of coffee. However everyone isn't as easy as I am. If you want to appeal to the broadest audience possible, cash is still king.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Personally I'll do just about anything for a good cup of coffee. However everyone isn't as easy as I am. If you want to appeal to the broadest audience possible, cash is still king.

-rematt
    Yup!
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Yup!
    Oh! Cash is King ...

Didn't make it that far.

I got stuck at ANYTHING & EASY!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Joe, how about sending a bag of coffee to any affiliate who sells $500 in total product to teach them about your product. If they don't drink it they give to a friend who raves about it. Either way you just educated your producer. Then do a contest for money other than for Jimmy who will do it for a pack of gum.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Joe, how about sending a bag of coffee to any affiliate who sells $500 in total product to teach them about your product. If they don't drink it they give to a friend who raves about it. Either way you just educated your producer. Then do a contest for money other than for Jimmy who will do it for a pack of gum.
    During a long duration that I was a super mod at Fu_kedcompany.com with Phil Kaplan, I had a buddy that sold coffee before affiliate programs were anything close to what they are now.

He set back the funds to send anyone who filled out his form & allowed him to solicit monthly emails to them, a free pack of coffee.

He believed in his brew that much.

Now he is doing GREAT and growing every month.

Why wait for someone to make a $500 commish?

If you want them to sell your product on their site, MAKE THEM BELIEVERS.

Send them ALL some samples and let them promote from experience!

You can advertise to the masses and expect a small % of 1% for a meager ROI!

OR .... You can market to those that have shown you the love, joined your program and/or have been motivated by the great java and become a part of their first cup of Java in the morning.

They'll be thinking about you all day!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Affiliate Manager
    I like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    I like the concept, would it make sense to offer an gift code (with a cash exchange value, or something) to honeybean.com as an incentive? I'd like all the Honey Bean affiliates to get regular shipments of the coffee, get them good and addicted. But, I'd also like to give them the rewards they want.

Affiliate Manager
    cash is king
    For the cash is king crowd, How long is a good time frame to run a promotion for? Do you prefer a longer time frame with a higher bonus? or a series of short time frame bonuses?

joe

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread