Content Network - Banner Placement
    Greetings All,

My first post here since joining CJ 5 weeks ago. I just learned what the 5 bars mean (quite happy!).

I have been doing exclusively PPC search for most of my offers at CJ. However, I have a question regarding the use of the content network and placement ads:
    • Am I able to use the Merchant's banner (image) on the content network, on sites that utilize Adsense image ads?
    • Can I direct link from the Merchant's banner to the Merchant's landing page? I know in search, most of the time, this is prohibited but does content fall under the same guidelines?
    • If indeed content network traffic can be used, how does one handle the website setting during the html link generation since the websites that these banner ads are going to be placed are not my personal sites.

I'd appreciate some thoughts on this. Thank you.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Organic Chem
    Greetings All,

My first post here since joining CJ 5 weeks ago. I just learned what the 5 bars mean (quite happy!).

I have been doing exclusively PPC search for most of my offers at CJ. However, I have a question regarding the use of the content network and placement ads:
    • Am I able to use the Merchant's banner (image) on the content network, on sites that utilize Adsense image ads?
    • Can I direct link from the Merchant's banner to the Merchant's landing page? I know in search, most of the time, this is prohibited but does content fall under the same guidelines?
    • If indeed content network traffic can be used, how does one handle the website setting during the html link generation since the websites that these banner ads are going to be placed are not my personal sites.

I'd appreciate some thoughts on this. Thank you.
    For either of these issues it will be on a merchant by merchant basis, and you will have to contact the merchant and ask. If they don't allow DTM it doesn't matter if it is content network or not, it is still covered by their posted PPC rules.

I would *definitely not* recommend using merchant banners in adwords without asking the merchant first. Almost all merchants don't want affiliates posting ads that make them look like the official merchant ad.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread