No Longer Banned!
    Who Owns The Content When Using PopShops Code ?......
    Who Owns You Sites Content when u use popshops code Jessie ? Anyone ?

Then How does the SE's see this ?

General discussion plz. Stickey too ?

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

No Longer Banned!
    Question
    According to the email I recieved from PopShops Popshops doesn't own the content, The merchant does. She says that if I change the prod descriptions and title tags, then I own it.

She also says that unfortunately she does not have any consulting available. A guy I spoke with on the phone says that PopShops is not a rip off company, he loves Angel to death. These 2 statements are unrelated to knowing your product. This is all about service what you sell.

The Larger question is: Why do the SE's care who owns the content ? If you got the redirects then why will it matter in terms of traffic ? Conversions ?

I am being told to roll my own, that the popshops php is giving the juice to popshops not me. I now see that is true to an extent. I need my own url in the string and I need to rewrite all 4000 prod descriptions and titles to be considered as having "Unique Content".

What would be the potential difference in either traffic or conversions between a popshops string with the url redirected to stevesapparel and all the prod descrips/ prod titles rewritten by me aND THE 6000 dollar roll my own version ? ~ 10% ? 80% ? how will this affect the sites Bounce Rate ?

Ideas ??

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; October 13th, 2009 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Texas Spelling Spree. I Keep Waiting For Beachy To Show Up !...
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

I would imagine that SE don't care "who" owns the content - but they care about "duplicate content" - so if the descriptions and titles are the same, and the merchant is established - then the content would be duplicate.

I also would imagine that placing your "spin" on the content would go a long way. That is why comparison engines are successful and also product review sites and sites that go into depth ...ie comparing 10 different pet gates side-by-side.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread