Anybody use WP theme with footer widgets?
    I just installed a WP blog theme called "shades-of-blue," and it has 4 widget spaces in the footer. That makes 4 blocks of text or whatever I could put in there.

But looking at it, I'm curious about what in the world I would do with those little boxes that's of any value? I've seen footers with two widget spaces, which gives you some horizontal space you might use -- but 4?

Any guidance here from all you WP whizzes reading this?
    Generate more fake news.

what about a newsletter sign up there.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    I just installed a WP blog theme called "shades-of-blue," and it has 4 widget spaces in the footer. That makes 4 blocks of text or whatever I could put in there.

But looking at it, I'm curious about what in the world I would do with those little boxes that's of any value? I've seen footers with two widget spaces, which gives you some horizontal space you might use -- but 4?

Any guidance here from all you WP whizzes reading this?
    More sites are starting to put informational links in those footer blocks, or things like recents posts widget.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    I could be in the minority but I never liked that kind of setup. Newsletter sign ups should be above the fold, not at the very bottom of the page. Recent Posts, Category links, Recent Tweets etc. just never liked that kind of thing on the very bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I could be in the minority but I never liked that kind of setup. Newsletter sign ups should be above the fold, not at the very bottom of the page. Recent Posts, Category links, Recent Tweets etc. just never liked that kind of thing on the very bottom.
    Yeah, I think that's sort of what I don't like about it. Much of my writing career was spent doing news writing for a daily paper and weekly magazine. Although those jobs were some years back, I got into the habit of thinking about "above the fold" regarding news placement -- and it tend to look at websites that way.

So maybe new trends are great, but I really don't care for putting much content way down in the footer.

For now, I simply commented out the code for footer widgets and put the usual copyright info with some Adsense links in the footer space.
    Generate more fake news.

Trust I hate the spot also but I also have a newsletter sign up above the fold also, this is a catch all type of thing.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Pictures of Nekkid Ladies!

????

Or you could use it for Today's Specials, Links, Special Promotions....

I am actually surprised at the good CTR that my bottom page ( footer ) gets w/ AdSense.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread