What is the best 'affordable' affiliate software for a web-based businesses?
    I have a web based business and shopping around to find the ideal affiliate solution for my business.

I could go the route of a commission junction or other 'hosted' solution, though as a start up I don't want to incur those fees/costs.

Therefore I was seeking a software version that I could install on my server. Perhaps is there a free/share version to use for small start ups, with no costs or minimal costs. Secondly, if there is no free/share affiliate solution, then a paid solution that is affordable and very robust. Please help guide me in the right direction.
    While I'm aware some of the requirements will be based on my business needs, but the majority of affiliate solutions should cover the spectrum of needs. Some of the more critical points being the accurate tracking, SEO URLs, admin area for affiliates to access for reporting and accessing banners and support, etc. and the different pay-out structures (CPA or % based).

Anyone have any advise to guide me here? Thanks

I can be reached directly at [removed]. Appreciated.

Kael
    Last edited by Merchant Consultant Team; September 7th, 2009 at 09:06 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    What platform are you running on?

Online Marketing Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by kael
    I have a web based business and shopping around to find the ideal affiliate solution for my business.

I could go the route of a commission junction or other 'hosted' solution, though as a start up I don't want to incur those fees/costs.

Therefore I was seeking a software version that I could install on my server. Perhaps is there a free/share version to use for small start ups, with no costs or minimal costs. Secondly, if there is no free/share affiliate solution, then a paid solution that is affordable and very robust. Please help guide me in the right direction.
    While I'm aware some of the requirements will be based on my business needs, but the majority of affiliate solutions should cover the spectrum of needs. Some of the more critical points being the accurate tracking, SEO URLs, admin area for affiliates to access for reporting and accessing banners and support, etc. and the different pay-out structures (CPA or % based).

Anyone have any advise to guide me here? Thanks

I can be reached directly at [removed]. Appreciated.

Kael

Well there are a few things you may run into. A lot of Affiliates will not give you the back links from their site for SEO boosts to your site unless you are an authority site but it does not sound like you are. I know a lot that put in the no follow tags, unless your payouts are amazing, because they do not want to let their sites boost you above their rankings for the terms they have that you want. Second, if you use Share a Sale, Commission Junction, Avantlink, etc... there is no SEO boost from back links because everything is pointing to the Networks servers then bouncing to you. The only solid SEO boost from Affiliates on these networks is the traffic to and on your site as you are being crawled.

If you don't want high network fees and you want an amazing set of features and more protection from Adware that can steal from you, I highly recommend Share a Sale for your tracking solution....You won't have to worry as much about stolen credit cards and fraud, not as much about adware, tracking issues, payroll, 1099 forms, Ad Serving at high volume, datafeed tools, they have a very reputable name brand so people will trust your program a little more, they are not expensive at all and most in house software costs more, the support is unbeatable, etc.... You may want to look to them first.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Kael, as a merchant, you should start in the "Becoming a Merchant" and "Merchant Best Practices" sub-forums here. There are many issues to consider BEFORE choosing your affiliate technology solution. See also the free advice I've posted for merchants (in my signature, below).

Linux server.

got any suggestions of solutions to look into?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread