Why do CPA's only want FREE Trial Offers?
    Are there any CPA's out there that will do a % of sale for Skin Care products?

Visa/Mastercard are cracking down on these FREE Trial Offers because of the Re-Bill aspect. My offers convert well as a trial - and I am sure they will do well with a 60 Day moneyback guarantee. But I cannot seem to find a CPA that will take it on if it is not a FREE Trial Offer.

I know the big skin care companies use affiliate marketing and they don't have FREE Trials.

Can anyone refer me to a company that might be open to this?

ABW Ambassador

Thanks - I was very aware of this. Just another reason why we want to move away from these types of offers.

I just can't believe the CPA's are not on board with this too?

Required reading: My Opinion of CPA Networks

The main reason they won't work with commissioned offers is that it's a whole lot easier for the free trial offers to get defrauded. Err... I mean, their superaffiliates are a whole lot better at generating results for free trial offers.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The assumption isn't correct (most CPA networks accept other types of offers), so I'll answer this question:

> "Why do CPA networks strongly prefer FREE Trial Offers?" <

Because they want the highest revenue possible, from the available traffic. A "free trial" offer will almost always have a higher conversion rate than any non-free offer. An offer that doesn't require a credit card will always convert better than any offer that does. Deceptive offers also have a higher conversion rate than honest offers. Finally, most companies engaging in deceptive practices promise higher payouts because they don't plan to honor all their promises (to consumers, and perhaps not to the network or affiliates either -- thus the high default rates and turnover among CPA networks).

If you haven't read the thread that Michael Coley linked to (above), take some time to go read it.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Just read Michaels post and he covers it all...deleted
    Last edited by Rollerblader; September 8th, 2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Michael's post is better
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

http and a telephoto
    Why do you feel the need to run on a CPA network instead of a retail network? And add my vote to go read Michael's thread.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

If you're doing a % of product, you'd be better off with a traditional network. If you're doing a legit free trial, rebill product, you have nothing to worry about with Visa/Mastercard - Netflix, Columbia House and Proactiv have been doing rebill/trial offers and will continue to do so. For CPA networks, the free trial aspect means more likelihood for the offer to convert, and the rebill aspect means higher estimated "guaranteed" customer value, allowing the merchant to pay more based on the expected value of the customer. Your offer definitely sounds like something more suited to a traditional network, anyway.

It could help to include a rebill/auto-ship option with your product, offering a % off price for the future if the customer enrolls in auto-ship - Even Amazon.com does this, and it can help to increase customer retention. If you legitimately handle returns, an auto-ship/rebill option will not hurt your relationship with your merchant bank, and will most likely have a positive impact on your sales.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread