2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Threads at various forums were hijacked for a while by a scammer who had many convinced that he/they was/were legitimate. The name of the company was National Anti-Spam Registry. Their website is located at http://www.nationalantispamregistry.com/?id=scam.

You can read one such thread here:
    http://www.webproworld.com/viewtopic...241&highlight=

Eventually, that board uncovered the truth, and now, it is common knowledge that the N.A.S.R. is a scam.

But, what we didn't know is that they are also a spammer!

Here's part of the spam they sent out:
    "This Notice is to inform you that during a recent investigation and recovery of a major spammers list of contacts on Feb 2, 2004, Your email address was among the recovered addresses. As a result of this investigation you should notice a decrease in the amount of spam you were receiving. We cannot however place your address on the National Do Not email list without your permission, Thus the reason for this letter please have your email address included in this Do Not Email list by visiting www.nationalantispamregistry.com and follow the FREE Registration link to be included. This notice is only sent as a courtesy The National Anti Spam Registry gains nothing by issuing this email as we do not sell any items and have no advertisements on our website."

First off, no spammer is going to turn over their emailing lists to the N.A.S.R., the N.A.S.R. has no legal authority to obtain those lists.

Secondly, they DO sell a service on their website, purportedly to get people off spammers' lists!

Thirdly, they DO have advertisements on their website... the Google adsense ads (I guess Google will let any scammer sell stuff through them... shame on you, www.Google.com!).
    So, not only is N.A.S.R. a bunch of scammers, but they are liars and spammers, too!

LOL ... In fact, this website:
    http://hollywood!bleep!slap.com/feature.php?feature=995
    has done a lot more in-depth investigation into N.A.S.R., and it's not pretty on this con game take off of the Do-Not-Call registry.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    WHEW!

When I read the title of the thread "Amazing what lurks under the covers" I thought you were going to tell us you looked under there and found your pcker..... I mean Charlie!

~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Michelle that's what I was thinking too!

Excellent post Mike. Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> WHEW!

When I read the title of the thread "Amazing what lurks under the covers" I thought you were going to tell us you looked under there and found your pcker..... I mean Charlie!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good one..

Brad

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Michelle ...The attention span and alert levels of the typical ABWer requires deceptive thread topics. Then again I have the mind of a Howard Stern ...knowing trash talk sells.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Michelle ...The attention span and alert levels of the typical ABWer requires deceptive thread topics. Then again I have the mind of a Howard Stern ...knowing trash talk sells. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that the truth! *LOL*

Hey, ya made me look!

And thank you for posting the info you did.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread