Wayside Gardens & Park Seed
    Uhh I wish the old interface was still here If I remember correctly when a merchant had (*) next to it.......that meant it had been deactivated, no longer there, whatever?? Could somebody please tell me if that is correct?

(hmmm guess if it means they've just poof and disappeared? ) I've had a bunch of visits to them (yea I know they're at LS and who they associate with but I've had at least a couple of sales with them and can't get any of the other garden sites to do that) I've got a bunch of other garden sites but only one other has produced any sales. Get a bunch of catalog requests from one but never any sales. So.....am stuck or was stuck with them.

They now have (*) listed next to their name and can't even find em on LS. I made a search and clicked their links from a couple of other sites and get the same error message as from mine. Anybody know what's happened with them??

Under Program Details:
    End Date: 07/13/2010
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Hi Haiko
    Thank you very much Thank you for providing me that link to them I logged back into LS and clicked where it was showing my visits for them and was able to get to that same info I think.

They're no longer listed under my get links or under advertisers tho when I make a search for them at LS. When I clicked one of their links from LS (by getting to them how I said earlier) it went to the same error message.

Would the (*) then mean that LS has temporarily deactivated them and that's why they're not listed under my links anymore (or under the advertisers)

When I do Programs/My Advertisers/Stopped I see a bunch of (*) that all have status Discontinued. Some are bankrupt and others are no longer with LS.

"When I do Programs/My Advertisers/Stopped I see a bunch of (*) that all have status Discontinued. Some are bankrupt and others are no longer with LS."

Really big duh until you posted I never knew that. I never used the new interface til they forced me to and in the old one I could just see the (*) when I went to get links or checked them under the program controls.

Did what you said and sure enough, they're listed as "discontinued" Am assuming that means uhh they're not coming back, guess umm any of those bunch of clicks that I've had that might come back to purchase somethin.....most likely aren't gonna lead to any sales either. lol

Least I'm not the only one just learning of their status since several other sites I clicked their links and got same message.

Thank you very, very much John (bumpaw always to me lol ) Really appreciate it.

15 years and counting
    A least LinkShare is now sending an email with the name of the deactivated merchants. It's a big improvement, before we had to log in and check all the list.
    Here's what I have for today: These merchants are on hold:
    {*}Bonsai Boy 08-SEP-09 tech @ bonsaiboy.com
    {*}Parkseed 08-SEP-09 affiliate @ parkseed.com
    {*}Wayside Gardens 08-SEP-09 affiliate @ waysidegardens.com
    {*}Fresh Fruit Baskets, LLC 08-SEP-09
    {*}Motts Enterprises 08-SEP-09 stephen @ mottsenterprises.com

Zeus - They like you a whole lot better than me. I get plenty of correspondence that comes thru LS but no emails like that.

Agree with you, tho it would be a big imrpovement. My own fault I guess for not exploring the new interface more but until John (bumpaw) told me I didn't even realize the method he used existed.

I don't mean to sound like I'm playing word games but when you say:
    "These merchants are on hold:"

LS in my interface has it worded as "Discontinued" Maybe in my mind I'm just not understanding but "discontinued" to me sounds like is not gonna come back. Being on "hold" tho does leave hope (least in my mind) that they may come back. Do you understand their wording that they may still come back, that it could just be temporary? (Like as in CJ sends an email saying deactivated and ten minutes later a reactivated one)

FYI, linkshare has been sending those emails for a few years.

15 years and counting
    What's new is that these emails have the name of the merchant with either discontinued or on hold, before we had to guess the name of the merchant.

Purplebear, if LinkShare said "On Hold" it means they may come back. "Discontinued" means it's over.
    Not too many merchants are coming back after being "on hold" LinkShare extend credit for at least 180 days. If a merchant has not paid them for so long, they are in real trouble.
    Purplebear, you should check your spam folder. These emails are sent to all active affiliates.

Thank you very much Zeus for explaining that to me. Your post a few back lists them as "on hold" In my LS interface they list them as "discontinued" Either way from what you said, doesn't look too hopeful that they'll be back. Am not sure what that would mean for sales since people may have bought Fall bulbs but they probably wouldn't be shipping them til now to be planted to those customers.

As to checking my spam folder. I did do that just to be sure but the email I use for their affiliate correspondence.....I deliberately don't use any spam filter for it so everything will come thru and not get lost in it by mistake.

Definitely am not one of their biggie affiliates lol but have had some sales with them, recently too so they should consider me to be active.

Thanks again for taking the time to explain it

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread