Question (2009) Hiring a Freelancer to create Content??
    I am thinking of hiring a Freelancer to create some fresh content for a few pages on my websites. “Text only, not code or graphics”. I have never hired anyone before for anything except to create a banner or two. I know some here will say write your own content but I want to try this option to see how it works.

I looking at Guru .com and think that maybe a good place to start.

I am also going to ask for:

Original content, which I will verify

Ownership of the content when payment is made

Must be knowledge able on the topic.

And must be well written including some Keywords that I provide.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also Guru has two options

1) I review some of their Freelancers and ask them to quote me on the project
    2) Or I can post my project and let people bid on the job

Any ideas, which may be the best option for someone who does not know the process??
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Affiliate Manager
    Hi,

Check out odesk.com also. It has a lot of freelancers looking for work and it's a safe way to do business.

Yeah I recently heard of odesk too as that other member suggested so you can check that out as well. Good luck

Hey kse! Sent you a PM.
    KK

Thanks for the suggestions, I had a look at odesk .com but their site is not as easy to find what I am looking for as Guru .com
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    elance.com
    textbrokers.com

YMMV

A great place to get the word out about your opportunity is www.freelancewritinggigs.com - it is site specifically for people looking for freelance writing opportunities.

I have been working with writers for the past couple of years. From blog posts to content sites to promo articles for ezines - I just don't have the time to do it all myself. My advice is to find 2-3 writers you like working with and stick with them. There is such a huge variety of writing styles and prices and what works for you may not work for me and vice versa. I have actually had the problem of writers who put too much work to produce posts/articles of too high a quality. I know it sounds dumb, but for some of my sites I want nothing but top quality, while for other purposes, I just want a quick and dirty job, with the right keywords and proper English and most importantly - at the right price.

As to where to find them - I never had much luck with elance and such. My writers don't work with them - too cumbersome for what are often relatively small projects. I would suggest writers forums and that site keystrokes had there is also a good place. Feel free to PM me if you want me to put you in touch with my writers too.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Anat
    Feel free to PM me if you want me to put you in touch with my writers too.
    Welcome to ABestWeb Anat, but just a reminder that you won't be able to send or receive PMs until you have 250 posts.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thank you all for the suggestions right now I looking at Guru .com since I am finding easyer to us as a test. I have also desided to contact the affiliate Manager for one of my merchants to see if they will give me orgional content that I can use and in return give them good exposure on that page.

I have used Guru in the past, and always seem to find good quality writers, programmers, etc. The best thing to do with Guru is to post a project and let people bid on it. I have found in the past that after I post a project, I usually get a good response in a few days time, and can usually find someone out of all the people who bid on the project.

Just make sure that when you post the project, include what you expect out of the person. Also, I never put a price of how much the person bidding can expect. I wait until I see some bids, and if I have a good feeling about them, I would PM them with maybe more details and ask how much they can do it for. Then if they bid too high, I'd ask if they can come down a bit. This has worked really great for me in the past.

Another great thing to do is to let some of your bidders know (the one's you think might be a good fit) that this would be a trial basis. Depending on how well they write your content, you might hire them to do even more in the future.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Lanadili you have some great suggestions that I will be sure to use...

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadili
    I have used Guru in the past, and always seem to find good quality writers, programmers, etc. The best thing to do with Guru is to post a project and let people bid on it. I have found in the past that after I post a project, I usually get a good response in a few days time, and can usually find someone out of all the people who bid on the project.

Just make sure that when you post the project, include what you expect out of the person. Also, I never put a price of how much the person bidding can expect. I wait until I see some bids, and if I have a good feeling about them, I would PM them with maybe more details and ask how much they can do it for. Then if they bid too high, I'd ask if they can come down a bit. This has worked really great for me in the past.

Another great thing to do is to let some of your bidders know (the one's you think might be a good fit) that this would be a trial basis. Depending on how well they write your content, you might hire them to do even more in the future.

Hope this helps.

I'm using freelancer.com, two link building processing projects now. Seems better only use the writing service, one of my providers did blog comment really not very well. Most are spams.
    [URL="http://www.IntimatesCare.com"]Trying to be a Great Affiliate Program for Lingerie, Costume and Club Wear[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, I had a look at odesk .com but their site is not as easy to find what I am looking for as Guru .com
    Just submit your job requirement on odesk and wait. You don't need to find someone in fact freelancers will find your job and bid for it. Then select people according to their experience and ability and call them for interview. By this way you can select the desire one who is really able for doing your job.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread