Promoting Your Site on Facebook
    I haven't even attempted to figure out Twitter but noticed a lot of people here are starting to use that social networking tool and have started threads about it. I haven't been able to find a thread dedicated to marketing on Facebook.

I joined Facebook a couple of months ago after fighting it for quite a while. I thought I didn't need yet another distraction. But my sister kept bugging me to do it and so I took the plunge. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. What a great way to keep with family and friends.

Last week I decided to attempt a Page for my website at Facebook. Obviously, the key to succeeding is building the fan base. So far I have 49 fans.

I did find a site dedicated to what's going on at Facebook, with a series:

Introduction To The 3,000 Fans In 30 Days Program

They offer it for sale, but have also been posting a technique every day on the blog. So, I'm trying some of their techniques first before I actually buy the download.

So, anybody else promoting their site on Facebook? Having any success? Do you have any suggestions on how to build a fan base?

I think the best way is to use Facebook Connect. I allow people to register to my site with their Facebook account in order to post comments and content. This reduced barrier to entry has really opened up the door to comments from people who would have never registered in the first place. What the beautiful thing is when they receive a reply to their comments on my site, they get a Facebook notification letting them know. This has become a very steady stream of traffic for me. It's extremely qualified traffic since they've already visited my site and posted. I also allow them to share their posts with their Facebook friends so those are just a couple ways to go.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Affiliate Manager Veena krishnappa's Avatar
    Post Pleaseee help!!! need little help about facebook promotion
    I too started using facebook recently, and also created a page for my website. Can anyone please educate me about the various applications that are apt for promoting the website.

You started off on the right foot by creating a fan page and NOT a group. I teach classes on social media and that is something we have to constantly get resolved usually in the beginning of class.

Snib is a smart man so I would take his idea to heart.

I also advise people to use the same rules you use on your own site. Just keep posting quality content often. If you have a blog link it to your notes page. When you start a new discussion direct people to that discussion from outside FB.

WOuld you rather have your traffic go to your main site for info or your fan page?
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Quote Originally Posted by BatteryFuelPatrick
    Snib is a smart man so I would take his idea to heart.
    I couldn't agree more. And don't feel bad Tracy - I'm totally dumb about Twitter and Facebook, but I have to say, even with my pathetic attempts it is generating good traffic to my main blog site.

Someone once posted this twitter video here on one of the forums, which is about how deep my understanding of twitter goes.

It's amazing how you can generate traffic despite yourself..lolol
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Affiliate Manager Veena krishnappa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteryFuelPatrick
    WOuld you rather have your traffic go to your main site for info or your fan page?
    I would rather have the traffic go to my main page for info as anyone can get full info about the products.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread