ABW Ambassador
    Facebook Lite
    http://lite.facebook.com/

Think I might like this version. Comparing this to the regular, it looks like it strips out stuff like Mafia Wars, Street Racings, a lot of those apps. Sometimes I sign in and it's all Mafia Wars stuff, that must be an addicting app.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    http://lite.facebook.com/

Think I might like this version. Comparing this to the regular, it looks like it strips out stuff like Mafia Wars, Street Racings, a lot of those apps. Sometimes I sign in and it's all Mafia Wars stuff, that must be an addicting app.
    It's fun for a while, but after you have $150,000,000 in the bank and you've knocked off a bank or whacked a rival for the 30th time, it gets a little monotonous.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Hey, thanks for the tip, Trust. Facebook Lite might be what I've been looking for on Facebook. All those Mafia wars, Easter Eggs, and who knows what else drive me nuts.

(I only have Facebook as a way to track some family members who post family pics there. Don't need or want all that craziness. LOL!)
    Generate more fake news.

In the normal Facebook interface, just hit "Block Application" every time a new one pops up (assuming you would never be interested in the app, which is usually the case for me). Before long, you get very few extraneous requests. Similarly, in the wall feed, just ignore the apps (and people) you aren't interested in and it becomes far more relevant.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    In the normal Facebook interface, just hit "Block Application" every time a new one pops up (assuming you would never be interested in the app, which is usually the case for me). Before long, you get very few extraneous requests. Similarly, in the wall feed, just ignore the apps (and people) you aren't interested in and it becomes far more relevant.
    That's what I recently began doing - and it really helps cull out the "fluff*."

* - being polite there.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks for the tip, that is so much better! The only thing is, it doesn't let you access your bookmarks. Hope they change that.

http and a telephoto
    I've been doing what Michael suggests, Facebook is suddenly being used more by more people that are requiring me to use it. So blocking and hiding what I don't want is helping immensely. I wish they would put the apps in categories that we could just block by category. Like no "games" unless we "optin" from a backend, not from an invite.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Here's a good article about privacy at Facebook. After reading #4 (Application Privacy), I don't think I'll ever use another app there again:

A guide to Facebook security and privacy

I put Lite on the Grandparents Home page. Keeps them outta trouble...those crazy kids.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXreader
    I put Lite on the Grandparents Home page. Keeps them outta trouble...those crazy kids.
    That is a good idea lol. In this case, I would share lite with my parents bc it will be easier for them to use. I tried out the lite and it was too lite for me. Like Michael, Loxly, and others I rather edit the settings to my liking.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread