Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I have decided to take some time off from abw.This volunteer notice started because of some family issues and other issues that I feel has gotten out of hand. that I feel like it's time to take leave of absense, to work on new business ideas for my site hoping and expected to hit over $25,000 in sales in one month by the end of this year, and expected to hit over $50,000 a month in sales by 2005. I believe I need to organize my time and work on new sites. I will not be available on the board for the time being, or posting as much. I will be communicating with abw merchants via private message on ways and ideas on how to convert into sales. with a strong sales force already organized and expected growth within the next year, that I feel I need to get organized and re-organize my abw time, so I can commit to a successful growth in my business and reach a new record by the end of this year. I'll be back when I feel like it's time. Abw merchants and members who want can still can send me a private message at abw to communicate. I just won't be reading over threads or posting, until I feel like it's time to do so. I'm all for it.

Also you will not see one post from me on the boards (except PVM) starting after this post here. and that's a guarantee

There's the evidence below.

okay time to do some brain storming :0).

Okay goodbye it was great participating here.

Forgot: I will still see those who are going to Vegas for May 1st.

sorry I got hits and visits messed up, make that about 9000 visits a month and over 50,000 hits a month. hmm how can that happen, and yes traffic decreased however sales are still okay.

[This message was edited by jasonco12 on March 20, 2004 at 04:46 PM.]

[This message was edited by jasonco12 on March 20, 2004 at 04:48 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    jasonco12 , not to rain on your parade, and I guess I won't be since you won't be here, but with goal setting it is important to set the right goal...

and that is fifty thousand customers, not five hundred thousand customers.

But still going from zero with no sites to feed you, thats a nice build up, especially because you seem to have highly target traffic.

Chet

Jason,

I wish you the best...

However.... when you make statements like you have severals time today....

I am going to dump on you....

When you do good I will pat you on the back and say good job.....

Now to the latest statements... YOu are full of BULL%&*( ....

While it is true you are making some money... you have a long way to go to being a heavy hitter in this industry...

So the sooner you learn how you eat an elephant... the sooner you will reach your goals...

I need to have small goals... dailey, weekly, monthly...

first you need to reach yor dailey goals... then work on you weekly goals... and so on...

as for you goal of reaching a million in 18 months... it's not going to happen.... without you resorting to parasitic methods...

just one of my websites gets more traffic then you do now... and I have
    90+ websites... I dont have a million visitors... I have more like 400,000
    with about a 5% growth rate per quatrer...and i have been doing this since
    '96

As you know things change so often and quickly... that at times it's have to keep pace with the changes....

Why not work on getting 5000 buying customers every month.. As chez suggested...

with 5000 commissions every month you will be earning a good income,
    on which to build... I know i've done it...

I'm on my second go round...

Looking forward to your return... if you really leave....

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Unique visitors and page views, not hits, are the important ingrediant Jason. I'll be spending more time on creating showcase landing pages for various niche's with the converting merchants departments. Those are my sites landing pages that earn commissions cause the automatically focus shoppers from the SE listings and my internal site links.

Whacking and adding merchants will be my goal this year alongside vocally forcing AM's to abandon mass advertising spam food and move to something like Akiva's Product Showcase Creator.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

jason...
    One thing I won't miss about you are those damned dancing fruit. I will, however, miss the positive attitude.

It is great to see that you are setting goals. I hope the previous posts don't get you down. You have always strived for more for yourself. Whether your goal is 5,000 or 500,000 just keep at it. I personally think that of all the people on this board you are going to be the most successful.

I await your return with good news and an update on your stats.

Later
    Deleted

Just Lurking
    Jason, if you leave to achieve your goals, I wish you luck. However, I hope you don't leave but I still wish you luck. I sure will miss your positive attitude and your inspiring posts.

I'm sure whatever your goals you'll achieve them.
    Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!

OK everyone,

Lets not get sucked back into the Jason is leaving theme again.

He is sitting on the computer logging in and out itching to post. Give it a few days and he will be back with the same old story of I could not stay away!

ABW Ambassador
    See you tomorrow, Jason. Or later today.

Michael

Oh boy, no Jason. Now I am completely lost. Jason, could you send me a PM if you are back. Hanging around here without you is wasting time.

Haiko close ABW until he's back. The forum is useless now.

Jeeze Jason you aren't getting crap for traffic.

ABW Ambassador
    My stats look a little different, i'm assuming visits being unique visitors and hits being those visitors going to different pages?

Average
    Jan - 341
    Feb - 326
    Mar - 299
    ?

"Hits" are the number of files requested by the visitor, including all images and ads (served up by Jason).

"Pages" are the number of documents requested by visitors.

"Visits" are the number of visitors that actually landed at Jason's site(s), including spiders. Looks like Jason had 9456 visitors last month (Feb).

Jason does have the right idea though - keep focusing on building his business.

These Webalizer stats are notoriously inaccurate though...

Fred

If you are getting a good amount of sales/commissions use that to judge your progress. Stats don't pay the bills nor do they keep you down.

ABW Ambassador
    Not to be rude, but isn't the bottom line $$$ and not necessarily the number of visitors? You can half a million visitors, but, if they're not buying squat, then who cares?

My site doesn't get a ton of traffic, but the quality of traffic it gets is great.

Happy hunting J.

Robin

ABW Ambassador
    True but 300 hits a day no matter how targetted is not something to live on. And from the stats, the traffic is going the wrong way. This year been going down each month. Also Jason needs to start putting his goals is commissions not sales, that would be the accurate way to see how you're doing.

$10,000 in sales at 10% = $1,000
    $10,000 in sales at 4% = $ 400

It's about what you take home(commissions) not sales. More pages getting indexed but less traffic, some tweaking needs to be done. So i think it is good he takes some time and gets focused and forget about the book for now.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You can half a million visitors, but, if they're not buying squat, then who cares? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That's correct if you have a strictly affiliate site with links to merchants. However, 500,000 visitors make a lot of page views and some ad networks will give you good CPM rates....

Isn't if funny we are all responding to this post to someone who says they won't read it. LOL

I, too, am going to be here a lots less. Basically, I HATE the new ABW format. I find it just way too frustraing looking at Active Topics and New Posts to find specific new information. Everything is sorted by thread name, not thread area (like CJ, or LS). It's just too time consuming to sit here and have to read nearly every line to see what is posted.

I miss the old format and hope we can go back to something like that soon.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Me too, don't like this eve version but Haiko said by tomorrow we will be on vbulletin.

"I, too, am going to be here a lots less. Basically, I HATE the new ABW format. I find it just way too frustraing looking at Active Topics and New Posts to find specific new information. "

My sentiments exactly.

I know Haiko said tomorrow (again), and if it under his control I am sure it will be. But, if he has to count on someone else, then I am not going to hold my breath.

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe I am reading it wrong but it seems from what he posted his site visitors have actually dramatically dropped.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Maybe I am reading it wrong but it seems from what he posted his site visitors have actually dramatically dropped. ~SamyT
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

March isn't finished yet and with 10 days left, I think it's natural that Jason's stats are showing less visitors for this month than the last few months.

As for the drop in February (down from Jan) I think the difference in 341 visitors/day and 325 visitors/day could be just a normal fluctuation. The overall trend is definitely UP despite there being a couple of hiccups along the way.

@ Jason--I'm sure you WILL read this. All I'll say now is that there'll be a day when you look back and laugh that you thought that was big traffic and that $1k was big money...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Hey, Everybody. All he said was he is going to quit posting and concentrate on his sites more. He isn't going to do anything more. Everyone is trying to convince him of something but I'm not sure what.
    Deleted

ABW Ambassador
    He could just be doing what a lot of us should be doing... Reading forums less, and making more pages/sites. Then again, that page a day thing just doesn't do it for me. I haven't gotten a system down yet, but it just seems that isn't enough. I mean how long does it take to make a page? A half hour... an hour? I'd rather do a site a week and a page for each site I have a day along with a little reading and link trading each day. Dunno, that's just me. Oh, and I haven't gotten that disciplined yet though. Anyway, point is, if he is concentrating more on getting work done, then kudos.
    I forgot what I was doing.

ABW Ambassador
    So what, who really cares if ABW is removing adsense for a while? Seems better than putting up with a bunch of nonsense.

Jason,

You kill me each time you do this!

Just stop! LOL!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast