Pages won't open
    Yikes! I have a slew of PopShop 'PHP' coded pages on my site and none of them will open today. Anybody else seeing this?
    Arizona Deb
    [URL=http://www.azwoodman.com/]azWoodman.com[/URL]

It had a problem a few min ago try now, I using asp code
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Pages are working now. Whew!
    Arizona Deb

Nothing new Popshops has slowness/outages every few days.

I'm getting really sporadic performance on my PHP based shops right now. Pages just sit and spin and don't load, then all of a sudden 1 or 2 loaded. Now they're not again. Anyone else having issues?

It's not my web host because other pages load right away.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Nope, none of my shops will display right now across all my domains.

I'm about ready to go back to Javascript shops. Ugh.

I seeing delays but the pages do open. I just tried one of your pages and it did open ok on the PSN site.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I just tried another page but it will note load but it is a .html page so I am guessing the problem is more then just the php code.

Popshops system need a total makeover!!!
    More RAM, More CPU's, More Servers, etc...

Thanks. The pages that have actual products and shops on them aren't loading at all. If this is due to my web host again, I'm looking for a replacement. I'm so tired of issues that are host related.

Are you able to load your pages on your workstation?? I use ASP and I have IIS setup on my workstation so I can load all of my sites & pages directly on my workstation so I can always tell if the problem is my host or not. I think you can do that with PNP as well, but I not sure.

Is your host 1&1?? I have a 1&1 windows account that I uses for emergencies and I know asp Popshops will not work on their servers.

No, I can't preview my shops because they are PHP within HTML pages (with a modified htaccess file this works fine ... normally). I can preview everything except the actual products in the page - it has to be uploaded for me to see those.

My host is IPowerWeb. I'm getting a sinking feeling it's them and not popshops.

So do I hurry and switch to javascript or wait it out? That's the million dollar question. And if I use javascript then my Google ads won't be relevant - IF they show up at all! Grrrrrrrr.

Hey,

I'm not currently seeing any issues on our end. Shops look like they are loading fast without any timing issues.

To check if we are having issues you can also hit your shop directly outside of a snippet.

Just put the following into the address bar of your browser (this is just checking a php shop):

http://shops.popshops.com/shops/php/SHOPKEY

You can find the shop key in the snippet, or you can use the ID at the end of the url if you are viewing the shop in shopbuilder.

joyaz, I responded to your support ticket including examples of shops.

kse, if you have some specific shops on a site you are having issues with, can you send in a support ticket with urls and shop names/numbers and I can look into it more.

Again, I'm not seeing any issues with our system right now.

joyaz maybe you could consider sometime getting a second hosting account so you can try such problems out. Also it never hearts to have more then one host.

I have 4 hosting companies and have my sites spread out so if their is a outage all of my sites are not down, and if their is a long outage or support does not respone I move my sites to another hosting company and they are back up in 30min or so.

php host are very cheap and most offer you to host multable sites so this may be an option for you.

Good luck

ABW Ambassador
    joyaz - I checked a few of your shops. All seem to be loading quickly now and no problem with clicking on a product and going to the merchants website. Hopefully, things have cleared up now.

Quote Originally Posted by danharms

kse, if you have some specific shops on a site you are having issues with, can you send in a support ticket with urls and shop names/numbers and I can look into it more.

Again, I'm not seeing any issues with our system right now.

Danharms,

My statment about Popshops are my general feeling of the system in general. As I said my shops right now are ok. As you know Popshops has outages and slowness alot. You guys have a great product but the performance in not the best. I still think Popshops main problem is it's hardware (I manage windows server for thousands of users at my day job)

My main suggest other then to buy new hardware is lower the load on your servers by disabling free accounts after the 30 day trial is over. Why should I pay for their free accounts and allow free account to put a load on your servers.

I am having the same problem today with pages loading as I did yesterday. Bummer!

And like Joyaz, I use iPower.com for my hosting. Very interesting ...
    Arizona Deb

Just want to go on the record and say how awesome and helpful DAN HARMS of Popshops is. Thanks, Dan for quickly checking out my problems and giving clear explanations.

And KSE, you're right. I don't like having all my "eggs" in one basket with hosting. I'm going to make it a priority to scope out other hosts. So when you're having a problem with one you just point the domain to a different host? Doesn't that take some time to resolve?

Just to point out that I have never had a problem with any staff at Popshops as well. And I like their application.

I just do not like their outage/slowness as well they need a better tracking system for problems. Sending an email and getting a reply stating we may not get back to you is not good enough!! When you are paying them for a service.

Quote Originally Posted by joyaz
    No, I can't preview my shops because they are PHP within HTML pages (with a modified htaccess file this works fine ... normally). I can preview everything except the actual products in the page - it has to be uploaded for me to see those.

My host is IPowerWeb. I'm getting a sinking feeling it's them and not popshops.

So do I hurry and switch to javascript or wait it out? That's the million dollar question. And if I use javascript then my Google ads won't be relevant - IF they show up at all! Grrrrrrrr.
    Your Plus Size Now product pages are not loading on my computer right now.

I had IPowerWeb at one time and they sucked real bad.

I now have all of my sites at HostGator on a reseller server and have never had any site down time or problems there. I use php at HG on all of my sites.

If I'm not mistaken - IPowerWeb and IPower are the same company that sucks.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

In doing some research I came across this modification for the htaccess file with Apache webservers. Does anyone know more about this one (besides the AddType and AddHandler modifications)?

#parsing PHP in html files
    #

AddType x-mapp-php4 .html .htm

My PHP shops are still having issues this morning. Maybe 1 out of 10 will load - sometimes.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread