ABW Ambassador
    Why is HIREKO GOLF spamming me
    Hi GAN moderator,

I received an email pushing HIREKO GOLF's top selling products. The email came from raltomonte@hirekogolf.com and has my GAN publisher id at the bottom of the email.

I am not a member of their affiliate program, never did I apply to them. How did they get my email id and my GAN publisher id?

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hi,

Can you forward me the email?

Thanks!

Jamie

It also happened to me, see this thread.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=118631

As a note to my thread, I noticed earlier this week that GAN does now have a way to modify the contact email. Its under Settings, Account, Communication Preferences.

I'm getting the same spam from them.

Tax Paying Member
    I got it also.....along with my Gan/Performics ID number highlighted in "blue"

I have never applied for their program.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Spam
    Greetings,
    My name is Rob Altomonte (raltomonte) and I sent out the aforementioned email last week. I'm not sure how your GAN number appeared on the email. What I did was send an email to our affiliates and non-affiliates in hopes of prospecting.

I deeply apologize for the error and any inconvenience this has caused. It was not intended as spam. Next time I'll make sure to separate those in our program and prospects. Thank you for understanding.
    Rob Altomonte
    Hireko Golf

Hello,

Please know there are several communication options available for affiliates. Navigate to Settings>Account> Communication settings to review details.

Thank you,

Jamie

ABW Ambassador
    The email had nothing about promoting your affiliate program. All it had was a list of 10 best selling products. It was as if you were trying to sell your products, so considered a spam. As such your email has been added tp my spam filter now.

I'm still getting Hireko promotionals - in fact one came through a few minutes ago. I'm not affiliated with this program. Spam for lunch - my filter will be well fed.

I'm not sure it's appropriate to have extracted the affiliate email list & imported it into a 3rd party platform.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against merchants trying to sign up affiliates through regular channels, but mine is a fashion website. I had to "unsubscribe" to a list I never signed up for, that wasn't through normal network correspondence.

Good afternoon,

If you would like to send me your pubid, I am more than happy to look into this for you.

Regards,

Jamie

The email was "powered by Delivra".. I have never been an affiliate/customer of this merchant.

Hello,

http://www.delivra.com/ is an email tool, not a merchant. If you send me your pubid, I can look at your communication preferences.

Have a good day!

Jamie
    jamier@google.com

Hi Jamie, I know it's an email tool

I was just pointing out Hireko Golf was using my email address in this platform.

My comm preferences are set to accept both Non-Joined Advertiser Opportunities & Google Affiliate Network Network Communications.

I don't think they should have imported affiliate emails into the Delivra platform. I just had to unsubscribe from it..

I see what you are saying. You will also need to opt-out of non-joined programs if you don't want to receive messages from advertiser with whom you don't have a relationship with.

Have a good night.

Jamie

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread