Results 1 to 10 of 10
September 11th, 2009, 06:47 PM #1ValueClick - Account Pending Suspension email
Anyone else get an email allegedly from Value Click claiming your account would be suspended due to not enough impressions? I did I was on a heart attack course until I heard from CJ, saying they did NOT send such an email and that all was fine with my account.
Meanwhile, I answered the email, with *some* information about my impressions and CJ stats, plus some choice words letting them know what I thought of the implied threat to suspend my account. No clue what these wankers expected to get out of me at some point or if I gave them anything they could use to cause more havoc. Stupid bastards. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Thought I'd leave a head's up for other unsuspecting souls.
September 11th, 2009, 07:15 PM #2
If I may ask .. what kinda impression where u doing each day?
What was the trigger point?
Also note . Valueclick .. has Banner Ads .. at Valueclickmedia.com - maybe that email was for a account you had on there?OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!
September 11th, 2009, 07:18 PM #3Originally Posted by Magi
More important: the email was NOT from ValueClick or CJ - it was an attempt by some wanker to ... I don't know what, but CJ doesn't even HAVE a minimum impression policy.
September 11th, 2009, 07:19 PM #4Originally Posted by Magi
Thank you for pointing that out Magi!
September 11th, 2009, 08:53 PM #5
I updated the thread title to reflect that this is likely a phishing scheme rather than a legitimate email from ValueClick. (If we find out it's something else, we can change it again.)
Rexanne, if you'd like to forward the email to me (including full headers, if you know how to get those), I'd be happy to take a look at it for you. With the headers, it's pretty easy to figure out where it really came from.
September 11th, 2009, 10:42 PM #6
I got the email as well and traced it back to VCLK.net
I also responded to it and got a reply:
As long as you can send the minimum of 100+ impressions per day (3000+ per month) your account will remain active.
Please let me know if you have any further concerns.
ValueClick Media - Display Advertising
"Haiko de Poel, Jr."
> I'd like to keep my account please.Continued Success,
The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli
September 12th, 2009, 01:04 AM #7
So it is from ValueClick. I've removed "[Phishing?]" from the title.
September 12th, 2009, 05:29 AM #8
Evidently it's from Value Click Media, whoever they are.
Haiko, I got the same reply you did.
Until Magi pointed out that Value Click *Media* isn't the same as CJ, I was assuming it was some weird attempt at phishing, too, Michael. Thank you for offering to decipher the headers. I looked and the email was sent from Value Click MEDIA. I honestly don't even know who they are but I likely signed up with then at some point over the past decade. LOL
September 12th, 2009, 08:19 AM #9
Eons and eons ago, I tried running banners from Fastclick on one of my sites. Despite being vigilant about checking and flagging banners that were inappropriate for my site, it seems I kept getting bombarded with ads for products that I really didn't want advertised on my site. Ugh. So I pulled them all.
Fast forward a few years.... Fastclick was bought by ValueClick. I got the same email as Rexanne, so I'm assuming that's where it came from.
Oddly enough, I still remembered my old login info. I logged in to check to see if it was still active. It was and there were actually one or two impressions a month in my stats. I have NO idea where they came from because I'm pretty sure I pulled all their ads years and years ago. LOL.-Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
- Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.
September 12th, 2009, 12:20 PM #10
- Join Date
- January 17th, 2005
Ditto ... the FastClick stuff ... I get traffic to pages I haven't done anything to in years. Probably my BAD. But here is a way to monetize these CPM deals fast and easy.
1. Create a new page on your site ...make the page just ONE SCREEN deep. Get the CPM banner code and post it either at the top of that page or just above the point where the one screen page ends - so all the banner shows. Below the part that shows in the first screen, put links to your other pages or sites.
2. Write some NEW content - an 300 or so word article or sales pitch for something and post it on this page with a link to the merchant if you go that way. Put the article or sales pitch or review in the middle of the screen, just above the CPM banner. Separated them by line.
3. If you are an Adsense or Yahoo Publisher person, put a leaderboard ad at the top.
The keywords in the article will trigger the relevant ads that show up.
4. Make sure the page is lean and clean looking ... not all cluttered up with small banners and other garbage. Then go buy some RON traffic from a second tier search engine like Marchex ... If they, VC, requires 3,000 visitors per month, spend the $30 for RON and cap the traffic at 100 a day. Make sure you only pay for USA/Canada traffic counts in the RON stats. You make VC happy, you make some CPM money, the traffic is SE so Google is happy and the Adsense clicks bring in some extra money. The article gets spidered by Google, you get some SEO traffic ... you make a sale or two and you have a profitable page. Change the article every 10 days and Google will love you and you will get a 'NEW' content bonus and get some extra SEO traffic.
If you want you can switch the CPM and Adsense banners. Test it to see if Adsense gets more clicks at the top or bottom. Once you have it all set up, then go to Craigslist and post ads about your article. If you post one ad a day, in 30 days you have your ad for your article in 30 geographic locations.
According to the TOS you need 3,000 uniques ... so now that you have ONE page set up getting the 3,000 ... make another one, write another article and put a link from page one to page two. You leverage your RON traffic when a visitor to page one goes to page two.
And so on ...
By nagesh2013 in forum ShareASale - SASReplies: 2Last Post: March 20th, 2015, 09:40 AM
By spotless in forum ShareASale - SASReplies: 6Last Post: May 12th, 2010, 02:09 AM
By affiliate4all in forum ShareASale - SASReplies: 8Last Post: May 28th, 2005, 12:14 PM