ABW Ambassador
    I have different pages that drives sales to different products, up to now, I was able to see impressions, clicks, earnings, EPC, for each product, so I know which product pages are being viewed by users, and which ones are performing well, I do tests to improve conversion rate, etc.

But it seems that all new product links are reported as one link, so I'm lossing a very powerful tool to increase my earnings.

I found as a limited alternative to use different links customized to product url, but would be great to get each product tracked separately for publishers, but reported as one thing to general network performance stats.

Fer

I agree. This hurts publishers that model their sites around product links. I can't even tell what product is out of stock anymore through CJ by clicking on the "destination of url" link that used be found in the product performance reports. Now, it appears that I have to go to my actual site and go "click crazy" on my own product links driving down my EPC to find out what isn't in stock, or just leave "out of stock" product links on my site which will drive down my EPC as well. Well, atleast its not as bad as last year when they just blatently took away product links for awhile until affiliates raised hell. I'm just irritated now, as opposed to suicidal last year. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

You can check for product availablity directly at your merchants site. You don't have to do it through your site. Also if you aren't sure about your urls just do a comparison with the merchants and yours.

No epc comes into play at all.

I know that you can do that Heyder, but this Up/downgrade makes it a lot harder to update sites in a quickly fashion. Originally I would just have to run a product performance report for a website, and click on all the product links for that website. I would jot down the "out of stock" links, and would have all the information I need VERY quickly. Now, I have to go to the merchants site, do a search for that particular product about 50 times. Also I sure better know the keyword terms that bring up that product. This triples the amount of time it takes me to keep my sites in order. I'm just one affiliate in a sea of thousands. Thats a lot of extra upkeep hours being wasted.

I have to agree with cubbbb and fer, this certainly wasn't an update for anyone who uses product links. Take reversals (now corrections) for instance; before, each reversal would say exactly what the reversal was for and the link that it was generated by. Now, you can still find some of this information...but on most of my reversals that I recieved today, it is not telling me what the product link was. If this item is out of stock and cannot be shipped, how can I take this off of my site without searching through hundreds of sites. I'm really disappointed with the new "upgrades." All it's doing for me is costing me valuable time.

ABW Ambassador
    They have done it, I have changed.

Yesterday I have to put a customized link to a product instead of a product_catalog link, to have performance issues at hand. First action in a row.

I though that would be great for CJ to join all stats from banners and link into 1 link code, that would be more of the same, if CJ want to loose the performance tacking model that they magnifically started with the public EPC opening, it's on them.

Curiously I believed that they were going to publish the unique Catalog link EPC with the rest of links EPC, so one could know how well the merchant converts in targeted products (very, but very very different from general linking EPC).

So, I think that the only good of this unfeature could be saving a not well designed database.

Fer

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread