How to Deep Link to Orbitz?
    I am as brand new to affiliate marketing as it gets. I'm building a website for the resort town I live in, I want to use Orbitz for my hotel page, I have to go through linkshare to do that. I did and just tried out some deep link codes on my site and none work correctly.

First I tried linking directly to a particular hotel on Orbitz, the code actually sends you to a blank Orbitz page. I tried using the code to go to the page for all hotel listings for my town, where it takes you is to the main page of Orbitz where you have to search the town you're interested in staying in.

So I started searching forums to see if I could find some answers to my problem and I read all of these terrible things about linkshare.

Maybe someone here is an Orbitz affiliate and can share some insight? I'd sure appreciate it.

[Moderator Note: I changed the title of this thread from "Linkshare sucks?" to "How to Deep Link to Orbitz?" You'll get much better responses if you use a title that is descriptive of the content of the post.]
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    tshobie, most travel sites will not let you deep link to hotel pages. See if you can find you resort here Reservation Counter

If so I can put you in touch with the AM email me at

I've seen it on other sites, a link, like 'book a room', takes you right to the hotel on the travel site. I can't even post a link that takes you to all the hotels for this area. I'm doing a hotel guide, write up of different hotels, and I want to link directly to them. Makes no sense if I can't do this. I looked on the link you posted, it's missing several of the main hotels.

I think I need to talk to an Orbitz affiliate. Are there any here?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Shoot an email to them.

affiliates /at/ orbitz .com

AM name is Nette or higher up, Angela.
    I have worked with Angela in the past, very easy to work with.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    @Chuck, not always the case.

@tshobie, FYI:

Click to Orbitz prog

Look for LinkBuilder on LEFT NAV

Click on it.
    As soon as the NEW sidebar loads, hit ESC on your keyboard. If you do not, it will reload the Orbitz main page and you have to hit back. Reason: The sidebar frames the website and Orbitz is designed to break out of frames.

Load orbitz site on another window. Use that to navigate and put it in the LinkBuilder page.

Note from LS after creating a deep link:
    Please allow up to an hour for the link you just created above to be updated into our database. Until it gets updated, the link will redirect to the home page instead of the product page. If after an hour, your link still does not redirect properly, please email us at http://www.linkshare.com/support, and include the linking code that you generated, the product page to which this link should be redirected, as well as the date and time that you generated this link.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread