Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Google FREAKING RAWKS!!!!!!
    What would you have me do?

Give up the $1000'S a month I make on AdSense?

Perhaps give up AdWords for Bing? ( take another $2000 / month )

Change all of my SEO for Yahoo and Bing? ( Take away 75% 0f my traffic? )

I understand that some of you want to play Goog like they are the ENEMY, but that just isn't going to play in my game!

AdSense pays my bills.

Google search is my friend.

GAN?

Doesn't mean crap to me.

I don't have any affiliation with any GAN affiliates.

BUT, let me ask you this......

Where would we be without GOOGLE?

They've made bazillions of dollars for idiots like us.

Their Search Engine is #1.

Adwords is a PPC MUST!

AdSense makes idiots like me $1000's of dollars a month.

What would we be without GOOGLE?

I FREAKING LOVE GOOGLE!

Did I say that LOUD enough?

I FREAKING LOVE GOOGLE!

Sorry that some of you are having a crappy time with the TOS!

SUCKS!

If you can't meet the TOS with the new Google / GAN merger, and they are stupid enough NOT to let the old Performics affiliates in on at least a trial basis, they are screwing themselves out of millions of dollars in revenue and that is that.

BUT!

Google is KING and I have no idea where I would be without them.
    Last edited by RemodelingGuy; September 14th, 2009 at 01:22 AM.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Many of our brothers and sisters are having a very difficult time, with added work, financial loss, and emotional upset, due to the misguided acts of google.

It is beneath the dignity of of ABestWeb to flaunt your success in the eye of others' pain.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Many of our brothers and sisters are having a very difficult time, with added work, financial loss, and emotional upset, due to the misguided acts of google.

It is beneath the dignity of of ABestWeb to flaunt your success in the eye of others' pain.
    PMed Haiko to apologize for my ......

What ever.....

Have just plundered around for two weeks hearing that Goog is the MONSTER and that they are out to get everyone.....

They GOT ME AF......

I know that I am a GOOG Butt Kisser, but I have to tell you....

I won't go near those threads anymore, because I CAN'T WIN, that say that GOOG is the Anti Christ ..... that they don't care about their affiliates, they are just doing this to eliminate anyone that doesn't want to add AdSense to their sites ... blah ... blah..

In REALITY.......

I think that they want their GAN affiliates to meet the same " tough terms " that all of their other AdSense partners have had to meet with for years!

There are TOS that are NOT NEGOTIABLE!

Our BROTHERS & SISTERS should take a step back and know that if they were un-justly denied from doing business w/ GAN, met all of the TOS, and are denied an AdSense Acct..... That we will do everything in our power to make sure that we will stand behind them and shout from the Mountaintops why they should be allowed to have every privilege that WE have.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    I am glad everything is going well for you with Google.

I like Google somewhat. Although 70+% of everything I do work related has to do with them or for them.

But I think the argument that they give you $2000 a month and that you love them for this is a bit weak. I think most peoples argument is that if they get $2000 a month they should have been getting $4000. And this is what I see on my sites when I pull Adsense down and try something else.

Google helps drive the industry forward and I imagine the ad banners with xml feeds and fairly good contextual matching would not be anywhere near where it is now if not for Google Adsense.

But I have tried adsense lately on a lot of sites with good product related content and ads showing. What does Google give me per click? 1 or 2 cents. Unbelievable.

I got the PM and appreciate the intent but it isn't me you should appologize to.

The GAN decision isn't fair, that's obvious, people are being excluded and precluded from doing their business. That isn't fair either. You making some coin is great but the timing of your post isn't fair to those who are affected by these decisions by GAN.

G doesn't need anything kissed and doing so won't help anything nor anyone, however, supporting your fellow affiliate may help. It's not allways about one or two it's about the community and the industry.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.

......... but the timing of your post isn't fair to those who are affected by these decisions by GAN.
    Haiko, this is a place to share thoughts, ideas and opinions....

Thanks for giving us a place to do it. ( gratuitous butt kissing )

I understand and made it clear in my original post, that people are getting screwed in this GAN transition ...

You say my timing is bad, but I have been coming in here the last two or three weeks, reading EVERY post from them, FEELING for them and now it's just NOISE to me...

Google Sucks...

Google doesn't care about anyone....

Google - OPOLY!

Let's fight back and stop using Google.

People beating up on Jaime, who actually takes her time to come in here and address the issue at hand, knowing that she is just an employee who is taking on the mudslide from above.

AAAARGH!

I may not be an affiliate marketer like many here.

I don't depend on PPC and a ton of niches......

I don't get excited with a couple of $500 sales that pay me a 5% - 10% commish.

I'm feeling this recession as much as the next guy....

One part of my business that has been stead-fast is my AdSense....

The only thing keeping me alive is my Google search engine placement ....

I'm very opinionated on this subject and kept my mouth shut until it died down a bit..

Google screwed up.

We all know that they have the ability to transition ALL of the Performics folks and pay them without forcing them to have an AdSense account!

So far, they are choosing not to, and the kicking Google in the cahones posts are not going to help.

Many have made well thought out and intelligent posts about their opinions, but those are drowned out by the conspiracy theorists and Google bashers.

Imagine some Google higher ups, around a board room table, re-thinking this issue, and reading some of the threads here.... -

Google offers some kick butt programs and services that make a LOT of people money!

This is NOT about ME!

I just wanted to give Google some Love.....

IMHO, they deserve it.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    OK, I make a lot from Google. No, actually I make 70-80% (or more) of my income from them. And frankly, I find that very unsettling. Cause if they somehow pulled the plug on me, I could be out $500,000 (that's half a million) or more in lifetime earnings. Half a million is a lot, even for some guy that works from a beach on a laptop from the Bahamas.

And they have, supposedly, closed some AdSense accounts for supposed faulty reasons. What if that happened to me? Try to contact support at Google? I repeat, try to contact them on ANYTHING??? There is no email. I posted on their forum with a Terms question, but all I get is some yahoo (no pun intended) posting uninformed nonsense - no official Google people can even be bothered. And they do not reply to my emails to the secret address that is no longer public.

So I can empathize with those shut out of GAN. And I too am shut out, due to a mix up in user emails, of which I am still waiting (3 days) for help from support. Although in my case, I stand to lose about $12 a month. But do the math for someone that was making $2000 a month - that's a half million for them over 20 years.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    You say my timing is bad, but I have been coming in here the last two or three weeks, reading EVERY post from them, FEELING for them and now it's just NOISE to me...
    Not to pile on Jimmy, but I think timing is the key word here. Have to agree with Haiko on this one.

Firstly, I am not a huge earner from Google but it's consistent and growing.
    In some cases more so then many of the merchants and networks I have on my site. One thing that is important to me is TRUST. I don't believe Google would screw me over on due commissions from merchants. Like all large Companies that grow there are always internal issues to deal with and perhaps this is one.
    After seening this on our national TV news here in Canada I now really believe what many of you have been preaching, MARKET NICHE!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Davidsfarm

Thank you all for understanding what a sensitive and yes financial disaster this is going to become for some of us.

Remodel person...this isn't a game. You have no idea what is going on in our personal lives that the GAN decision could have a major impact on.

Bragging at this point is just so inappropriate and insensitive and I honestly do not think you understand how hurtful it can be.

I suggest if you find our outcry for support - noise - then don't read the posts.

I must say however, that your lack of sensitivity seems right up there with the big "G" and the two of you will no doubt prosper regardless of the wreckage left behind.

We'll get over it. But I doubt myself and others hurt by this stupid move by GAN (and you) will ever read another post of yours. You simply do not have anything more to say that I could possibly find of interest.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

leeann, I did not mean to boast in my post either. Just pointing out that I could be in the same shoes as you, tomorrow. And with virtually no recourse. This is all so wrong.

Hoping I can someday get my SAS stuff rolling - I feel somewhat secure with this network as it is transparent run by a real human being. Also, get some contextual ad alternatives as most of what I do is content. Unfortunately, contextual ad demand is directly proportional to web traffic and searches captured. Hoping for MSN (bing) to get their act together. Yahoo seems to be a lost cause.
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

The only thing keeping me alive is my Google search engine placement ....
    Live by Google, die by Google. Remodeling Guy, all you need is one or two persistent competitors to knock out your SEO rankings. And as been also stated, fraudulent clicks (by competitors) can get you banned unfairly and there's little recourse.

Cheesehead: Yahoo & Bing search engines have gone Zen (now are one). Microsoft provides the underlying search technology for Yahoo: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/30/te...soft.html?_r=1.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

ABW Ambassador
    "The only thing keeping me alive is my Google search engine placement ...."

Yeah, that's not good. You wouldn't be the first person to learn a hard lesson on that one. One shift and that could be it. If you're dependent on Adwords, a Google slap could do it. If you're dependent on Adsense, you never know. Whatever people do to themselves to get their own accounts banned, I'm sure they can do it to other people as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    leeann, I did not mean to boast in my post either. Just pointing out that I could be in the same shoes as you, tomorrow. And with virtually no recourse. This is all so wrong.

Hoping I can someday get my SAS stuff rolling - I feel somewhat secure with this network as it is transparent run by a real human being. Also, get some contextual ad alternatives as most of what I do is content. Unfortunately, contextual ad demand is directly proportional to web traffic and searches captured. Hoping for MSN (bing) to get their act together. Yahoo seems to be a lost cause.
    Oh I totally got that Cheesehead. Your post had an entirely different tone. Not even close..to boasting! Like I've said in other posts, I don't think any of us begrudge those who do business with Google. We just don't like what they are doing to us. And definitely, as you say, it should be a warning to others who put a large percentage of their years and eggs in one big G basket.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Give up the $1000'S a month I make on AdSense?

Perhaps give up AdWords for Bing? ( take another $2000 / month )

Change all of my SEO for Yahoo and Bing? ( Take away 75% 0f my traffic? )

I understand that some of you want to play Goog like they are the ENEMY, but that just isn't going to play in my game!
    Sorry Jimmy, but I don't understand the timing of this thread...

Who's asking you to give up, or change anything?

Do you made that post to just brag about the $1000'S a month you make on AdSense, or to do some more G , or because you're afraid of being by G, if you don't post positive things about them?

AdSense pays my bills.

Google search is my friend.

GAN?

Doesn't mean crap to me.

I don't have any affiliation with any GAN affiliates.
    Well, if your happy and you know it, do what Barney's do!

BUT, let me ask you this......

Where would we be without GOOGLE?

They've made bazillions of dollars for idiots like us.

Their Search Engine is #1.

Adwords is a PPC MUST!

AdSense makes idiots like me $1000's of dollars a month.

What would we be without GOOGLE?
    I'm not an idiot, so I know where I would be, if and when, the , one day!

I FREAKING LOVE GOOGLE!

Did I say that LOUD enough?

I FREAKING LOVE GOOGLE!
    Good for you!

It's good to love somebody, but love hurts, specially when you get dumped, or are the one to have to do the dumping for one reason, or another...

Sorry that some of you are having a crappy time with the TOS!

SUCKS!

If you can't meet the TOS with the new Google / GAN merger, and they are stupid enough NOT to let the old Performics affiliates in on at least a trial basis, they are screwing themselves out of millions of dollars in revenue and that is that.

BUT!

Google is KING and I have no idea where I would be without them.
    Sorry again Jimmy, but I think that you don't really give a about what's happening to those other affiliates...

I don't know who is playing G like they're the enemy, but it looks more like you're the one playing the chess game, like a pawn, trying to reach the 8th rank with your king...

Well, I just applied to the MSN program at advertising.microsoft.com/publisher
    It is in Beta. Hope to get in and use it on a few smaller sites. Just to have it. Just in case.

google Friggin SUCKS!

18. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread