ABW Ambassador
    Just wanted to get a few ideas. I have a free/cheapy kinda of message board that was started about 3 years ago when i still was working full time. Just looking over it, i've noticed it has grown nicely and i see the same people posting all the time. I think a message board/forum can bring stickiness to a site and i wanted to upgrade the board, it can be a nice asset. Here's the question. There are a lot of mom and pop merchants that relate to this board and i was trying to think of ideas to make this mutually benefial to the site and to the merchant.

I was thinking Merchant gives me a link in, i give them a place where they can announce/advertise what's happening. What do you think about that? Any other ideas?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Just wanted to get a few ideas. I have a free/cheapy kinda of message board that was started about 3 years ago when i still was working full time. Just looking over it, i've noticed it has grown nicely and i see the same people posting all the time. I think a message board/forum can bring stickiness to a site and i wanted to upgrade the board, it can be a nice asset. Here's the question. There are a lot of mom and pop merchants that relate to this board and i was trying to think of ideas to make this mutually benefial to the site and to the merchant.

I was thinking Merchant gives me a link in, i give them a place where they can announce/advertise what's happening. What do you think about that? Any other ideas? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust, I would look at what www.fatwallet.com had done and see what you can learn from their boards. They have monitized them very well.

Also, Audible has a board on www.ipodlounge.com and it works well with our products. http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/for...?s=&forumid=46

Cheers,

Beth

Quote:
    "Any other ideas?"

TrustNo1®,

Trust, why don't you put your SIG "The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time. - Henry Ford"

Like this:
    ----------------------------
    &lt;small&gt;"The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time. - Henry Ford"&lt;/small&gt;
    ----------------------------

I have no problem the way it's but, if you make it different than your post it will be more commemorative and less confusing.

Think about it, if you read some post arond here and many posts said the same thing at the end of the post with out any change in text as the rest of the post, it will look like {end of the post spam}.

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    Sal, your post has nothing to do with this thread. If you don't like my sig or the size of it, tough, i really don't care.

Now any ideas about the topic on hand?

Trust,

I am sorry that you get ofended by my post but, I was just making a suggestion, just forget I mentioned, I din't know you was so sensitive abou it.

"Now any ideas about the topic on hand?"

Yes a few but, I will let others more qualified than me post those ideas.

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    No biggie. I'm interested in all ideas, from anybody even if you think they might not sound good. Just trying to get ideas so both parties can benefit.

ABW Ambassador
    No hard feelings. These mom and pop merchants are online merchants, so i was thinking they can link to my site in exchange for letting them advertise in my forum. For example, let them post any sales they might have on their site.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread