View Poll Results: H1N1 Vaccine - Yes or No?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely - I wouldn't dream of taking a chance of getting the flu if there is a drug that could prevent it.

10 27.78%
  • I'll get one if I happen to be somewhere they're being given, but I won't go out of my way to get it.

1 2.78%
  • N0 - The whole thing is Big Pharma propaganda - it's unnecessary and only makes more millions for drug companies.

15 41.67%
  • Never - Taking the drug is worse than getting the flu.

10 27.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Swine Flu (N1H1) Vaccination - Yes or No?
    As the FDA and NIH announced today approvals for Swine Flu (H1N1) vaccines, Big Pharma from four different countries miraculously have available enough of the vaccine to inoculate 200 million Americans.

Is this something absolutely necessary, or a scam to enhance Big Pharma profits?

What do you think - Will you get a shot?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Just read this morning that scientists do not know how dangerous this virus is. I take that to mean, they have no evidence that it's any more dangerous than any other flu virus.

The flu kills LOTS of people every year, but you don't hear about it on the news. This year, you'll hear about it ALL THE TIME and perceive that this virus is more dangerous.

I'm not getting a shot..

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    We don't get flu shots, so don't plan to get this one either. Besides, I think we all had this last year already at our house!

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    I was forced to get a MMR when I went back to university. We went back and forth with me not wanting to and them saying I have to.

After several weeks and the semester about to start I took it as they were not going to let me in.

I felt like crap for 2 weeks. I still wonder what the hell was in that shot.

If anyone asks tell them you are a Jehovah's Witness and a conscientious objector if you dont want to take it.

My girlfriend is on chemo right now, so we're pretty much both slated for flu shots. Not sure if that includes the swine flu shot, but I would guess the answer is yes. I don't particularly want it, but I also don't want to bring home anything when she has a somewhat compromised immune system.

It's a question of risk management (or probability). The vaccination itself carries a risk.

For most people, there's a "reasonable" chance that you will get Swine Flu. But if you are healthy, then there's a very LOW chance that there will be any dangerous complications. So, a middling probability with a low probability of complications means that the overall threat to your health is pretty low.

If you work in healthcare or certain other professions, then there's a very high probability that you will catch the virus. Even if you are healthy, it means there's a greater statistical risk (because you are more likely to catch it in the first place).

If you have some sort of serious health problem (or you are pregnant) then the risk of complications is very much higher, and you are no less likely to catch the virus that most other people.

You need to take your own individual circumstances into consideration. For some people, the risk of the flu jab is very much lower than the risk from flu. For some others, the risk from flu itself is very low and it's probably not worth having the jab.

Remember this - this variant of the flu is extremely contagious.. even if the effects are not usually that severe. It is much more contagious that "normal" flu, and now that we are heading into flu season you can expect it to kick off in a big way.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    I'm not sure if I will get the flu shot or not. Still thinking about it.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I wouldn't get a flu shot (or any other vaccination) and if they start mandatory vaccinations I will leave the country or end up in a prison camp.

For the real scoop on this insanity, these 4 short videos will explain a lot and ease your minds about how "dangerous" *swine* flu actually ISN'T:
    The Truth about Swine Flu (interview with Russel Blaylock who is a neurosurgeon (not some holistic raver) and very well informed about the actual risks of vaccinations of ALL kinds being kept from the public.

I highly recommend EVERYONE educate themselves about vaccinations and their deadly consequences. After finding out the real facts, you run screaming from any doctor or individual who suggests this is a good idea and for heaven's sake, PLEASE keep your children away from the maniacs who insist they HAVE to be vaccinated. The do NOT to get into school - you can claim philosophical objections in most states and your kids can attend school just the same. I have been ranting against vaccinations of any kind for years. This is a huge issue with me and I will fight to the death to keep mandatory vaccinations from becoming a reality.

This is a much bigger crisis than any of you can imagine. DO NOT GET A SWINE FLUE SHOT or any other flu shot for that matter. Protect your immune systems and stay alive and healthy! And please, protect our civil rights by fighting against mandatory vaccination if it becomes a reality! /rant
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

No matter what Big Pharma say about the vaccine. It is "too new" to have been thoroughly tested. No way am I going to be one of the Guinea pigs. This "swine flu" killed a few dozen people last winter/spring. The "regular ol' flu" killed about 35,000 last year - which by the way, is about the number killed in auto accidents each year. So, I've decided I'm not going to stop driving either.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    For the real scoop on this insanity, these 4 short videos will explain a lot and ease your minds about how "dangerous" *swine* flu actually ISN'T:
    The Truth about Swine Flu (interview with Russel Blaylock who is a neurosurgeon (not some holistic raver) and very well informed about the actual risks of vaccinations of ALL kinds being kept from the public.
    Rexanne, thanks for this info. I was going back and forth on this (and the reg. flu shot) because I work with elderly patients, but after this, I'm definitely not. Never had a flu shot, rarely get sick and realized a few years ago, was working regularly with elderly (and usually sick in some manner) and never contracted anything. This scares me worse than the flu:
    Complete liability protection has been given to drug companies for any product used for any public health emergency declared by Sec of HHS. Pharma is now protected from all accountability, unless “criminal intent to do harm” can be proven by the injured party. They are protected from liability even if they know the drug will be harmful. (Bold is my emphasis.)
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

I took my youngest to the Dr last month when he had Bronchitis. We were scared about the whole swine flu thing and I had a loooong talk with our pediatrician. He basically told us that 90% of the flus they were seeing in their practice were swine flu. That we shouldn't worry so much, as the media was going way overboard with the coverage. He said the flu kills thousands of peeps every year and that the only people he recommended vaccines for were elderly people and anyone with illnesses like asthma (ie my mom).

He told me she had to be super careful, but us and the kids were fine. Just wash hands all the time, yadda yadda.

On a funny note: I have my 6 year old so trained with the hand washing that even when he wakes up at 3 in the morning to go to the bathroom, you can hear the toilet flush and the sink soon thereafter. He's like a little hand washing robot. MUhahahaha
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

I am going to jump in quick for a bit of education: please do not refer to it as the "swine flu" -

This ignorant statement has CRIPPLED the pork industry. In countries that are muslim, this has given them the excuse to wipe out the whole hog population to agree with their religious beliefs.

Its not funny when statements perpetuated by the press AND public can harm innocent hardworking individuals' livelihoods.

-Sweet Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd
    This scares me worse than the flu:

"Complete liability protection has been given to drug companies for any product used for any public health emergency declared by Sec of HHS. Pharma is now protected from all accountability, unless “criminal intent to do harm” can be proven by the injured party. They are protected from liability even if they know the drug will be harmful. (Bold is my emphasis.) "
    Yep, scary huh? That little tid bit was thrown into the Patriot Act when we were all so busy looking for terrorists under our beds, we missed it and its ramifications. IMO, the law itself is an act of terror.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by danay

On a funny note: I have my 6 year old so trained with the hand washing that even when he wakes up at 3 in the morning to go to the bathroom, you can hear the toilet flush and the sink soon thereafter. He's like a little hand washing robot. MUhahahaha
    LOL Danay! Too cute and good parenting! example is a great teacher, too. Just always wash your hands and your kids will accept it as a "given."
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Never had a flu shot and odds are never will.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

There are some rare side-effects to vaccination (such as Guillain-Barré syndrome). If you have a mass vaccination program then you will end up with deaths and serious illness due to side effects of the vaccination, but these are typically one or two cases per 100,000 according to VAERS reports.

Now, with H1N1 the typical mortality rate (if you catch is) is about 0.1%, but the hospitalisation rate is much higher (about 4%).

Based on those figures, if 25% of the US population got H1N1 over the course of the outbreak (which could be several years), that would lead to 3 million people going into hospital and about 76,000 deaths. Given typical adverse reaction to a typical vaccine, you would be looking at only a few thousand people who have a bad reaction to the vaccine if given to everyone in the US.

In 1976 when there was a similar outbreak threatened, 48 million Americans were immunised, perhaps a little over 1000 developed Guillain-Barré syndrome.

So, statistically you are better off getting the jab.

Consider this though if you are in any doubt about the effectiveness of vaccines - we live in a world that is free of smallpox, and polio has almost been wiped out too, thanks to vaccination.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Dynamoo, we live in a society where every night there are a multitude of tv commercials showing happy, care-free people, enjoying life to its fullest, because they told their doctor they needed to have drug A, drug B, and/or drug C.

These people could not enjoy life, could not cope with life, could not survive, without drug A, drug B, and/or drug C, or so they were told by Big Pharma and its billion dollar advertising campaign, of which the H1N1 vaccine is currently the centerpiece.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I'll probably get one but I see both sides of the argument. Everything has hidden motives in our world.

Whenever you make the decision to vaccinate yourself or your children, you must always think of which risk is higher.. risk of acquiring the disease or ailment or risk of being harmed by the vaccines.

On all vaccines, I personally vote "NEVER..." Having two children neurologically damaged by vaccines (mercury aka: thimerosal,) I can never imagine voluntarily injecting vaccines in my bloodstream or theirs.. I feel the risk of neurological damage is higher than the risk of getting the flu and dying of it at this point. ) BTW both of my children were medically tested and showed mercury levels off the charts after they started experiencing problems after their vaccines, and had no other identified source for exposure.

I know this tends to be a controversial topic but for those of you who know the government has said vaccines don't cause neurological issues, please keep in mind that the only studies that have proven vaccines 'safe' have been done by the government that mandated children be required to have them...

"In 2000, the FDA determined that a 12 to 14-month-old child, receiving vaccines required under the Immunization Schedule, often received four to six shots during one doctor visit. Consequently over time, the child would be injected with as much as 40 times the amount of mercury considered safe. "

Interesting to note that mercury was removed from *most* childhood vaccines after this finding, even though the government still, to this day, maintains the vaccines were 'safe,' and only removed it to make complaining parents happy.

Also, note that several vaccines still contain mercury.. flu shots ( the flu mist is free of it) and tetnus... and the only reason the mercury is in the shots is extend the shelf life and make the drug companies more money.

For more information:
    http://safeminds.org/
    and
    http://dissidentvoice.org/June05/Pringle0602.htm
    Last edited by Anne; September 17th, 2009 at 01:33 AM.

I am 100% with Rexanne on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamoo
    There are some rare side-effects to vaccination (such as Guillain-Barré syndrome). If you have a mass vaccination program then you will end up with deaths and serious illness due to side effects of the vaccination, but these are typically one or two cases per 100,000 according to VAERS reports.

Now, with H1N1 the typical mortality rate (if you catch is) is about 0.1%, but the hospitalisation rate is much higher (about 4%).

Based on those figures, if 25% of the US population got H1N1 over the course of the outbreak (which could be several years), that would lead to 3 million people going into hospital and about 76,000 deaths. Given typical adverse reaction to a typical vaccine, you would be looking at only a few thousand people who have a bad reaction to the vaccine if given to everyone in the US.

In 1976 when there was a similar outbreak threatened, 48 million Americans were immunised, perhaps a little over 1000 developed Guillain-Barré syndrome.

So, statistically you are better off getting the jab.

Consider this though if you are in any doubt about the effectiveness of vaccines - we live in a world that is free of smallpox, and polio has almost been wiped out too, thanks to vaccination.
    This isn't a 'typical' vaccine - it's a rushed to market vaccine

Who funded the research that produced those adverse-reaction statistics? Could it have been big pharma?

Quote Originally Posted by VampireSkunk
    I am 100% with Rexanne on this one

This isn't a 'typical' vaccine - it's a rushed to market vaccine

Who funded the research that produced those adverse-reaction statistics? Could it have been big pharma?
    No, it isn't "big pharma".

Yes.. this flu vaccine is a rush to market job. No, it's not significantly different from other flu vaccines given out.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Dynamoo, we live in a society where every night there are a multitude of tv commercials showing happy, care-free people, enjoying life to its fullest, because they told their doctor they needed to have drug A, drug B, and/or drug C.
    Ah, well.. here's a difference. You may live in a society where that is the case, I do not. That sort of thing is largely illegal in most European countries.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    What's the difference between:

N0 - The whole thing is Big Pharma propaganda - it's unnecessary and only makes more millions for drug companies.

AND

Never - Taking the drug is worse than getting the flu.

I voted for the former of the two just because.

I cannot say that ALL vaccines are bad. After all, it has been vaccines that eradicated polio and smallpox from the United States.

I choose not to get this vaccine though and probably will never get any flu vaccine.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by MattMcWilliams
    I cannot say that ALL vaccines are bad. After all, it has been vaccines that eradicated polio and smallpox from the United States.
    I agree with that, but you have to remember that those vaccines were discovered way back then...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    I agree with that, but you have to remember that those vaccines were discovered way back then...
    ...and have had many years to prove efficacy, safety and reliability. The scary part of this "new" vaccine is that IT IS VERY NEW. How much time has it had to be tested? Thoroughly tested? Do YOU want to be part of the beta test? I know I don't.

Especially when:
    Originally Posted by JoyUnltd
    This scares me worse than the flu:

"Complete liability protection has been given to drug companies for any product used for any public health emergency declared by Sec of HHS. Pharma is now protected from all accountability, unless “criminal intent to do harm” can be proven by the injured party. They are protected from liability even if they know the drug will be harmful. (Bold is my emphasis.) "
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Do YOU want to be part of the beta test? I know I don't.
    I don't take any pills, and much less any injection shot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast