Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    That Was Really Thoughtful of Shutterfly
    That's really thoughtful of Shutterfly to solicit me for business on a personal level in the same email where they terminate me on an affiliate level. Bravo!

We regret to inform you that Shutterfly.com has removed you from their Affiliate Program due to the fact that you have been inactive in the program in 2009 to-date. If you feel that you have been removed in error, or would like further clarification on why you were removed, please feel free to contact us any time.

Just because we removed you as an affiliate does not mean we can't work with you as a customer. If you haven't signed up for our award winning online photo service yet, just go to www.shutterfly.com to get started. You'll receive 25 free prints when you register plus our weekly sales on prints and products.

ABW Ambassador
    I promote many photo printing vendors. Out of all shutterfly seems to have the lowest conversion. They used to have an AM who used to respond once in a while. She has been fired. Now I don't get any response to any of my emails. The pgm is going to the dogs.
    Last edited by sam_park; September 16th, 2009 at 04:27 PM.

wow, that is some tact there.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Ha. That's a good one. (SB, prob not as amusing to you, I suspect)

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    We regret to inform you that Shutterfly.com has removed you from their Affiliate Program due to the fact that you have been inactive in the program in 2009 to-date. If you feel that you have been removed in error, or would like further clarification on why you were removed, please feel free to contact us any time.

Just because we removed you as an affiliate does not mean we can't work with you as a customer. If you haven't signed up for our award winning online photo service yet, just go to www.shutterfly.com to get started. You'll receive 25 free prints when you register plus our weekly sales on prints and products.
    Perhaps the affiliate manager is trying to make some commission off of you after she/he kicked you out.

No, just kidding. Yeah, just tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    Ha. That's a good one. (SB, prob not as amusing to you, I suspect)
    It's no big deal. After 6 to 8 months of dismal traffic and dismal earnings, I decided a few months ago that I have had enough of affiliate marketing so I am already half way out the door. At this point, it's 100% waste of my time.

I got obliterated too, so don't feel too bad, Seymour.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    Just because we removed you as an affiliate does not mean we can't work with you as a customer. If you haven't signed up for our award winning online photo service yet, just go to www.shutterfly.com to get started. You'll receive 25 free prints when you register plus our weekly sales on prints and products.[/i]
    They get my nomination for the Golden Gonads Award.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Arrogant Shutterfly
    What an arrogant letter. Shutterfly should be ashamed.

I have been "into" photography for most of my life. I remember getting a home film developing and contact printing kit for my 11th birthday (back in the ol' B&W-only days). That letter is good enough reason for me to NOT sign up with Shutterfly. They have plenty of competition - hopefully not as stoooopid/arrogant/crass/etc.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Tasteless....
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

Just because we removed you as an affiliate does not mean we can't work with you as a customer.
    That sound almost like:

Just because I am asking you for a divorce, does not mean we can't still have some...

I've thought about writing back...

"Can I give those 25 free prints to my visitors when they sign up for Snapfish through my affiliate link?"

LOL.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    I got obliterated too, so don't feel too bad, Seymour.
    I really don't feel bad. I would feel bad if I decided to continue to waste time on aff marketing for any more years. At least I figured that out now.

ABW Ambassador
    Got the email today. All I can say is "Stupid Merchant". I have a strong niche site which is also growing. If only they had the time to visit my site.

I replied back saying, visit my site and see it for yourself. You are as prominently featured as others. If Shutterfly doesn't convert its not my fault. You just have too many parasites in your pgm.

Good riddance. I just resent the extra work to remove them completely from my site.

They actually DO convert really well on my site and I got an email today that they are dropping me because they are doing a different direction to test some things but might welcome me back later. I'm very confused about what is going on.
    Last edited by SunshineTricia; September 22nd, 2009 at 08:15 PM.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Quote Originally Posted by helpingmoms
    They actually DO convert really well on my site and I got an email today that they are dropping me because they are doing a different direction to test some things but might welcome me back later. I'm very confused about what is going on.
    If I was you, I wouldn't welcome them back if they come back crawling.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread