Hi there, Im new to PPC engines, i am searching around for a quality list of PPC engines I know of some and am gearing up for this month starting on a few with one of my sites but Im not sure where is best to start and with who, so maybe some of your veterans can offer your advise on which ones have worked for you and what you generally spend per month on advertising through them

many thanks and blessings on you

ABW Ambassador
    Nathan Power has a small list. Try Overtrue & adwords, then you are on your own.

AdWords works for me.

Monthly spend is anything from less than $1000 up to $5000, but that's not really the point. What I recommend you do *first* is work out how much you are earning per visitor, and then bid accordingly. If each visitor earns on average 7 cents, then bidding 10 cents is not the way to go.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I like AdWords. You can spend as little as you wish (literally 5 cents if you want), you can easily monitor results day-by-day, and your site gets good exposure. If 6 cents makes you 9 cents "consistently", spend as much as you can by getting as comprehensive a list of keywords as possible. Personally, I don't like PPC if it is too close to "break even" unless I feel I have good enough content to get repeat visitors - worrying about conversion rates takes the fun out of affiliate marketing and defeats the whole purpose of doing this.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I don't use ppc at all, seem to get by fine :0).

I have bounced from using PPC to not using PPC. I used overture for a while and am now using adwords (google). I like google a lot, I seem to spend more $$$ there than I did on overture. My budget is a lot closer to the $150 a month range than 1k or more, but my site is a very tight niche. A broader range of content/products on your site would likely require more $$$ in PPC. Just start with a low budget and work your way up. It would probably be benificial to give them both a try and see which is working better.

thanks guyz, yeah im gonna start with findwhat im testing kanoodle right now with there free $15 trial findwhat you only need $25 to start so would give me a rough idea

15 years and counting
    I've been using On and Off Overture and Google from the beginning, spending several $1000.00 a month. I quit using them in December and I'm quite sure it was the right decision. I'm making more money now. So, it was not worth my time to search for the best ROI, keywords and so on. Dealing with Overture, their updates and editors, was a nightmare. Both are overpriced.
    If you're a merchant without an affiliate program it may be a solution.

PS. Most of the other PPCs will not bring you any quality traffic.

One thing to keep note of is that many of the smaller PPC Search Engines tend to drive very poor traffic and in some cases it appears that fraudulent clicks are even generated.

Personally, I would start with Google and Overture and avoid the smaller Search Engines altogether. I found that the small amount of traffic and poor conversions are not worth the time spent. Even popular keywords like "books" tend to generate very insignificant traffic in these engines.

Google's learning curve is a little steeper due to the way they calculate your ranking but, changes can be made very quickly and you don't have to wait for the relevancy department everytime you want to modify your campaign.

Just my thoughts,

Findwhat didnt for me. I wasted alot of money dealing with them. Now that was a couple of years ago. But I wouldnt go back.

I see some of you had bad experiences with pay per click but my question is was it them or was it really your site and your product.,..

As on the otherside of the coin i have heard people swear by pay per click for their afiliate business and they dont do nothing else but that and they are earning the $30.000 range a month.

ABW Ambassador
    >earning the $30.000 range a month

Yes, it can be done. There is a guy named Dave that I'm told makes that useing only PPC. I don't think that he is a member here.

ABW Ambassador
    Findwhat used to work very well for me until around November of last year. I can't get a good ROI with them at all anymore. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but many people have started to add Searchfeed ppc links to their sites to earn more money, and the majority of the links Searchfeed uses are from Findwhat. Don't know if this could be causing the drop in ROI or not, but I hardly use them at all anymore.

Affiliate Manager
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> they are earning the $30.000 range a month. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely possible- just not easy. Some of our top affilaites are 80-100% ppc
    Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Strategic Development

(IAN) Interactive Affiliate Network Representing:
    www.hotels.com
    www.travelnow.com
    www.vacationspot.com

Only spend 10% of what your making .... if your not making any cash keep building pages, asking for links and looking for great content to add to your site.

Once your making money .... it is much easier to start spending money.

Cheers,

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread