Need advice and help on Affiliate Marketing
    I would like to get into this business. I have been searching online for a training program to help get me started. Which ones are legitimate and which are scams? Examples-
    1. Kyle & Carson- Wealthyaffiliate.com
    2. Joel Comm-Adsense Secrets 4
    3. Dan Ho- Mosaicinternetsuccess.com
    4. Jeff Schwerdt- Cashflowfunnel.com
    5.affiliate classroom 2.0
    6. AdvancedInternetSolutions.com
    Which ones can you trust. I have a limited budget for start up. How much should is cost to get started? I have limited computer skills need to outsource web design. Plus many other issues that I need to address. Where do I start?

Start by reading here at ABW and using the search to look up what experiences others have had with these 'training programs'. Some of them might not be covered here, but Google will help you find out what others have experienced. The magic bullet thread can give you an honest idea of what it takes.

In general the Get Rich Quick programs only enrich those who are selling them to others. Affiliate marketing is hard work with a steep learning curve and there are no "secrets" that will shortcut you to the top. Outsourcing the basics isn't the best way to start out.

I hope I don't get in trouble for mentioning this, but I just finished Ed Dale's 30 day challenge. It is fantastic and it is free. Look it up on google or under thirtydaychallenge.com

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Start here and save your money.

Most of those courses are about "internet marketing" and at ABW, most affiliates are promoting hard goods, coupons, etc., not "info products." The internet marketing niche is very saturated, and the only people really earning money are part of a pretty tight group that all recommend each other's products. For a newbie with no IM experience, it's going to be very difficult to get a following unless you're a real personality or showman. Merely repeating what others say is not going to earn you the living you seek.

If you want to learn how to promote hard goods, ABW has a treasure trove of info. The ABW Affiliate Academy is a good place to begin. Use the search function to find posts & threads about a particular topic, such as blogging, which may be spread across several forums.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by newbie24
    I would like to get into this business. I have been searching online for a training program to help get me started. Which ones are legitimate and which are scams? Examples-
    1. Kyle & Carson- Wealthyaffiliate.com
    2. Joel Comm-Adsense Secrets 4
    3. Dan Ho- Mosaicinternetsuccess.com
    4. Jeff Schwerdt- Cashflowfunnel.com
    5.affiliate classroom 2.0
    6. AdvancedInternetSolutions.com
    Which ones can you trust. I have a limited budget for start up. How much should is cost to get started? I have limited computer skills need to outsource web design. Plus many other issues that I need to address. Where do I start?
    I would imagine most of these would be monthly payments. I was associated with Wealthy Affiliates for a month. I think I paid $30. It is good if you are wanting to learn step by step how to make money as an affiliate, provided you stay focused. But if you look around here...you can get the same information ...only free!

I really only recommend one affiliate training course as most of the others you mentioned are full of too much hype.

Make a list of questions - what you don't know - that prevents you right now from moving forward; and then type those into the search box here at ABW. Amazing what you can find here. Welcome
    "God moves imperturbably, slowly, and with perfect organization. The only wise rate at which to live is God's rate. God get things done and they are done right and He does them without hurry. He neither fumes nor frets. He is peaceful and therefore efficient." - Norman Vincent Peale

Wealthy Affiliate is actually fantastic, particularly since they released the Wealthy Affiliate Platinum platform. I've been a member for quite awhile now and in my opinion, it fully pays for itself.

I disagree that the electronic product (ebooks, etc.) affiliate market is saturated. Sure, there's lotsa competition BUT the market is ginormous and growing and there are still a lot of untapped niches within the industry.

It's like any other business - sit around and do nothing, you'll make no money. Learn, work hard and be creative - you'll succeed.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread