Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Google
    Any of you notice that the results Google organic search is delivering is bouncing all over the place the couple of days?

Also, looks like sometimes you see PPC ads at the top of pages and when you refresh the page they go away? I am talking about very competitive terms where I know darn well there are tons of advertisers.

Big G needs to watch itself or Yahoo/Bing may actually give it the run for its money they've failed at for years.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

ABW Ambassador

Interesting read

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Interesting.

Howard, I have noticed the same thing for some very competitive and relevant keywords of ours recently.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Lots of chatter out there now. Google has either changed algos or something.

Our staff has spent quite a bit of time looking at many different Google search terms unrelated to our sites and find the same disturbing results.

The one thing Google has had going for it is that it was perceived as delivering the best, most relevant results. The results being served are questionable at best.

I am hoping G rolls back to old algo and soon or they will lose tons of credibility (i.e. users).

ABW Ambassador
    Probably just the regular shifting. I checked out Webmasterworld and don't see any threads on an update. Usually if it's a big one, it's pretty busy. Where are you seeing the chatter at, another seo forum?

Hey Mr. Mackin, thank you for that link. I was looking for such tool a few days ago when I saw some fluctuations and wanted to check across different datacenters. I thought they had done away with such tool after the Florida update.

I noticed a change in the SERPs a few days ago and did post about it at WMW. Some people have been seeing changes over there but not too many. It has been about 3 months since the last PR update, so maybe that is what has been happening.

The results today is the same that I saw about 5 days ago. Then it went back to the usual and now again today back. I like what I see though for my site .

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    I know that anything Google, I should keep my trap shut, but .......

My hits from the googlemeister are way up......

Some of my black mold terms have taken a hit, but they seem to have re-indexed me for pretty cool home improvement terms..

I did re-work TMUSA and eliminated a ton of duplicate " stuff ", but I don't think that it has been long enough to get those pages re-indexed..

I also see that BING has shown the love lately!

Whatever is happening organic wise, I'm cool with it!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Yup, I noticed a change as well. My site made a hugeeee jump.. but heyy I'm not complaining lol.

There is nothing to complain. Its probably by the effect on Google Dance. I have experienced it a lot of times on my blog. For certain keywords it ranks on the first page and all of a sudden it goes way down to the 4 page and after a couple days way back to the first page.

For me bing and yahoo make a great effort to promote fresh contents. So, you don't need to wait for several months to be in the first 10 pages anymore if you really play the game to improve your content and you respect their guidelines.

There are some areas where I've seen shifts every day for the past few years.

I do miss the old monthly Google Dance. Some of us here used to race to see who could see it happen and announce it here before you-know-who does.

I'd give anything to see a De-Floridated Update. Even just for a month.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

This morning research -

Google - pages 1-5 of results returned old and irrelevant from 2006

Bing - page 1 did have two relevant newer results but also the same older than Methuselah results returned by Google

Maybe its the niches I am researching, but it is disheartening to see pages upon pages of obsolete results while the current is buried

I am reminded of a trip to the library - the computer system was down and the old card catalogs were the only thing available... I left in disgust as the dusty card catalogs hadn't been updated in 5 or more years
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

Beware of the Goofle Goddess ... she giveth and taketh away on a whim.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread