View Poll Results: How much will you pay for PR8 link?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Up to $50/month

6 26.09%
  • Up to $100/month

7 30.43%
  • Up to $250/month

5 21.74%
  • Up to $500/Month

3 13.04%
  • More than $500/Month

2 8.70%
    ABW Ambassador
    How much will you pay per month for 1 PR8 and several hundred PR5, PR6 & PR7 links (pointing to same URL though)? Does Google penalize buying text ads (in the form of http://www.yoursite.com) from high PR sites?

It really depends on the content of the PR8 site. I'm trying to focus more on getting related links rather than high PR links. It's easy to get a high PR, but it's another story getting high PR related links.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I wouldn't pay 10 cents because when msn comes out with new search engine there will be no google at all. bill gates doesn't lose much IMHO of course

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    $50/month seems a bit high but it could be a worthwhile advertising cost. And I think the people willing to pay hundreds of dollars are coo-coo, at least in most circumstances. To get me to pay that kind of money, the site would have to be able to send lots of traffic *directly* instead of just potentially passing on PR.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Does Google penalize buying text ads (in the form of http://www.yoursite.com) from high PR sites?~KC Edit
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen sites that were banned for SELLING PR, but those were blatantly saying that was their angle (as opposed to selling "advertising" or somesuch, with the PR not being part of the sales pitch).

For *buying*--I suppose if they think you're doing it for the PR, they would penalize you. But done properly, it could be considered simply advertising your site. I would think that the PR8 site should be getting some decent traffic, so a link could have more value than just sending PR.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I wouldn't pay 10 cents because when msn comes out with new search engine there will be no google at all.~nyfalcon <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not out *yet,* so there's still value in a high-PR link. With a monthly contract, whether to keep the link or not could be reviewed when MSN starts providing its own search results.

Which brings me to the question, what's the big deal about MSN providing its own results? Everybody makes like it's going to be some new giant, but MSN has had search all along--including integrated into IE! So they're going to use their own spider instead of Ink's, big deal...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

http and a telephoto
    PR fluctuates, so would not pay for links from a PR8 site. I had a PR7 for several months that is now a 5, who's to say how fast that PR8 will drop.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Having had many first page google listings with low page rank.. I wouldn't pay 2 cents.

i'd provide a reciprocal link

You left out one choice in your poll. $0.00 - which is what paying for PR is really worth. You could pay someone for pagerank on the first of the month and the pagerank you are paying for could change to 0 by the fifth, making it a total waste of money.

I would like to buy your links. Please let me know the price you need.

I wonder if you can buy page rank over on ebay?

I had to look. Yes you can but you better hurry only 19 hours left!

Affiliate Manager
    I once paid $200 per month for a PR 8 link, and I'm glad that I did it because it helped my website get good rankings in a very competitive field. But, I also think that only getting that one link on a PR 8 site is not going to cut it, in terms of being competitive on big keywords.
    Thomas Burgemeister - Affiliate Manager
    affiliates@LensWorld.com - 425-372-3471
    LensWorld.com: 10% commission, 120 return days, parasite free - Sign up at <a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=20626">ShareASale</a>.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gregdi:
    You left out one choice in your poll. $0.00 - which is what paying for PR is really worth. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, the results I've seen out there so refute that.

What AAnnAArchy said! Where did this idea that pr isn't worth anything come from? It's not everything for sure but it is still worth it's weight in gold so to speak.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread