Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2009
    Posts
    31
    Can I sell household items as a affiliate marketer?
    It seems everyone is selling weight loss, acai berry, etc.....when it comes to affiliate marketing.



    I have no desire to sell CPA offers or digital download stuff from clickbank.


    I found about 30 good keywords I want to use to sell a certain household item niche.

    People are buying these items online so I figured I could make some of that money also.

    Do people sell non CPA/clickbank stuff?

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,420
    >>Do people sell non CPA/clickbank stuff?

    Heck YES

    Have you joined SAS?

  3. #3
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    Welcome to ABestWeb, where we discuss retail affiliate marketing. Most here never have pushed a CPA offer or sold a Clickbank product and make a very good living.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

  4. #4
    Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2007
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    3,250
    You can sell nekkid purple monkeys if you have the right audience ....

    And by the way .... I make a pretty good income with two CPA deals...

    One pays me 5k and up a month for years now.

    The sky is only limited by your ability and enthusiasm.

    Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2009
    Posts
    31
    WOW...........I guess I came to the right place.


    Thanks for the answers. You're my kind of folks.......

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Welcome to ABestWeb, where we discuss retail affiliate marketing. Most here never have pushed a CPA offer or sold a Clickbank product and make a very good living.

    This is a very encouraging response. Thanks a lot.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2009
    Posts
    31
    MCT,


    I have no idea what SAS is. Can you explain?



    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    >>Do people sell non CPA/clickbank stuff?

    Heck YES

    Have you joined SAS?

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2009
    Posts
    31
    Congrats to you!









    Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    You can sell nekkid purple monkeys if you have the right audience ....

    And by the way .... I make a pretty good income with two CPA deals...

    One pays me 5k and up a month for years now.

    The sky is only limited by your ability and enthusiasm.

  9. #9
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2007
    Location
    West Covina, CA
    Posts
    8,443
    Hi, Ron, and welcome to ABestWeb.

    I'd like to elaborate a bit on what the others have said, primarily because of the fact that so many people assume affiliate marketing is what you seemed to have believed it is: CPA "offers", get rich schemes, and, heaven forbid, MLM ponzi "games".

    The vast majority of professional, successful affiliate marketers sell real products from legitimate merchants. Take a look through the merchant lists of the four major networks - Commission Junction, Shareasale (SAS), Linkshare and Google Affiliate Network, and you will see major retailers like Target, Walmart, Macys, Sears, manufacturers like Mikasa, Pflaltzgraff, Sunbeam, and fine smaller companies like CSN, Sur La Table, eBags, the Wine Enthusiast, Cooking.com, and lessor-known companies with great products, such as Perpetual Kid, Solio, Gardens Alive.

    We sell REAL PRODUCTS, not schemes. That IS affiliate marketing.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2009
    Posts
    31
    No,no,no..............let's make it clear. I have NEVER thought that was what affiliate marketing was/is.

    My problem is it seems like everyone else does. I have no desire to sell CPA/clickbank stuff. Never have, never will.

    Maybe I wrote my question wrong but I am well aware that there is MUCH MORE to affiliate marketing then CPA,etc....

    I came here hoping to find like minded people.


    I DO appreciate your response.


    P.s.- I AM a member of Linkshare. I am just trying to figure out how to build a successful business in my first niche to start with.

    I asked the question because I am looking for folks that DO sell real products.

    I am tired of going to IM forums and all folks talk about is CPA/clickbank crap etc....I want to sell real, ETHICAL products that do not require SLEEZY, sales hyped , sales pages.






    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Hi, Ron, and welcome to ABestWeb.

    I'd like to elaborate a bit on what the others have said, primarily because of the fact that so many people assume affiliate marketing is what you seemed to have believed it is: CPA "offers", get rich schemes, and, heaven forbid, MLM ponzi "games".

    The vast majority of professional, successful affiliate marketers sell real products from legitimate merchants. Take a look through the merchant lists of the four major networks - Commission Junction, Shareasale (SAS), Linkshare and Google Affiliate Network, and you will see major retailers like Target, Walmart, Macys, Sears, manufacturers like Mikasa, Pflaltzgraff, Sunbeam, and fine smaller companies like CSN, Sur La Table, eBags, the Wine Enthusiast, Cooking.com, and lessor-known companies with great products, such as Perpetual Kid, Solio, Gardens Alive.

    We sell REAL PRODUCTS, not schemes. That IS affiliate marketing.
    Last edited by Ron.; September 18th, 2009 at 06:45 PM.

  11. #11
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2007
    Location
    West Covina, CA
    Posts
    8,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron.
    I came hear hoping to find like minded people.
    Then you've come to the right place.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

  12. #12
    notary sojac Herb ΤΏΤ¬'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Central/Western NY State
    Posts
    7,741
    Thumbs up
    if no one else mentioned it, SAS = shareasale.com, a good place to look for merchants.

  13. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ΤΏΤ¬
    if no one else mentioned it, SAS = shareasale.com, a good place to look for merchants.

    Oh, ok........I got it. I've never heard anyone say "SAS" before.



    Thanks.

  14. #14
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Ron, you've definitely landed on the right planet. Welcome!

    I suggest you read this thread: Magic Bullet- it'll give you a good starting point.
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  15. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Ron, you've definitely landed on the right planet. Welcome!

    I suggest you read this thread: Magic Bullet- it'll give you a good starting point.

    RA,


    thanks for the link



    Ron

  16. #16
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    You're very welcome.
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. How can I sell mediterranean gift items without an inventory?
    By grove in forum Newbie Affiliate FAQs & Helpful Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 13th, 2006, 03:50 AM
  2. Household Auto - New Management - Patrice & Affiliate Goddess
    By Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 4th, 2004, 01:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •